Let’s talk cruise packing hits and misses
In this episode we talk about cruise packing hits and misses from our Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas cruise. We’ll be sharing the good, the bad and the ugly from our first cruise back, specifically what went right, and WRONG with our our packing game on Royal Caribbean’s adventure of the seas.
DISCLOSURE: this article contains affiliate links & we may earn when you make a purchase.
Hits – Here are the top 5 things I reached for in my flight bag:
- My chargers, tucked nicely into a small, rolling organizer.
- A charging hub, on flights where there were no outlets to charge.
- Snacks. Hey, there’s no food for sale on airplanes right now! Pack food!
- Hand sanitizing wipes, for opening restroom doors, and keeping hands clean.
- Disposable clorox wipes to clean tray tables, seatbelts & handles early in the flight.
- Sunscreen selection was not good at hotels or ship
- Didnt wear athletic shoes a single time
- Didn’t wear water socks
- Flip flops broke
- Mr CTTV wasn’t happy with pants
- No laundry service on ship
- Packed one pair of shorts, could have used one more
- Disposable face masks are wonderful while traveling, because let’s be honest, it’s nice to toss them in the trash after a long flight.
- My cruise binder on this trip was THICK, and I have zero regrets about printing off everything for this cruise. From our COVID tests, health visas and shore ex proof, it was all worth the extra space this time! To learn how we make our binder, check out this little video.
- We drank Liquid IV EVERY day on this cruise, to stay hydrate and keep our immunity strong. I prefer the tangerine immunity blend, and hubby likes the energy formula. It’s great stuff! Get 25% off using our Discount Code: CRUISETIPSTV – it will automatically apply at check out when you use our link.
- Don’t overlook the onboard gift shops. Hubby found this awesome Royal Caribbean logo hat, which both of us can wear. And, I think he looks pretty darned handsome in it!
Listen to more CruiseTipsTV Unplugged podcasts here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- Best podcast ever!!September 2, 2023 by Orla H. from United States
I started listening to the podcast about a month ago. They are so helpful for anyone who is taking a cruise, first or 50th. I’m going on my second cruise soon and just from listening I booked another! Thanks so much for giving me so many tips for my next cruise.
- Surprisingly Enjoyable!July 5, 2023 by Rpaige1365 from United States
I started listening to CruiseTipsTV after sporadically joining a family cruise and then stressing out because I have a type A personality. I expected to pick and choose relevant episodes but this has quickly become one of my favorite podcasts. Echoing what others have said, Sheri is so positive and her family is a joy to listen to. I feel much more prepared for my first cruise and I am looking forward to booking more.
- Best Cruise Podcast!July 5, 2023 by maryjanemaryjane from United States
I’ve been listening to this podcast for over a year now and I can’t wait every week for the new episode! Sherri is so sweet and helpful when it comes to planning and packing. They get me pumped up for my future cruises and allow me to daydream while I’m working or exercising. Thank you for all you do!