Let’s talk cruise packing hits and misses
In this episode we talk about cruise packing hits and misses from our Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas cruise. We’ll be sharing the good, the bad and the ugly from our first cruise back, specifically what went right, and WRONG with our our packing game on Royal Caribbean’s adventure of the seas.
DISCLOSURE: this article contains affiliate links & we may earn when you make a purchase.
Hits – Here are the top 5 things I reached for in my flight bag:
- My chargers, tucked nicely into a small, rolling organizer.
- A charging hub, on flights where there were no outlets to charge.
- Snacks. Hey, there’s no food for sale on airplanes right now! Pack food!
- Hand sanitizing wipes, for opening restroom doors, and keeping hands clean.
- Disposable clorox wipes to clean tray tables, seatbelts & handles early in the flight.
- Sunscreen selection was not good at hotels or ship
- Didnt wear athletic shoes a single time
- Didn’t wear water socks
- Flip flops broke
- Mr CTTV wasn’t happy with pants
- No laundry service on ship
- Packed one pair of shorts, could have used one more
- Disposable face masks are wonderful while traveling, because let’s be honest, it’s nice to toss them in the trash after a long flight.
- My cruise binder on this trip was THICK, and I have zero regrets about printing off everything for this cruise. From our COVID tests, health visas and shore ex proof, it was all worth the extra space this time! To learn how we make our binder, check out this little video.
- We drank Liquid IV EVERY day on this cruise, to stay hydrate and keep our immunity strong. I prefer the tangerine immunity blend, and hubby likes the energy formula. It’s great stuff! Get 25% off using our Discount Code: CRUISETIPSTV – it will automatically apply at check out when you use our link.
- Don’t overlook the onboard gift shops. Hubby found this awesome Royal Caribbean logo hat, which both of us can wear. And, I think he looks pretty darned handsome in it!
Listen to more CruiseTipsTV Unplugged podcasts here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- Newbie CruiserJune 25, 2022 by Bizymom3kids from United States
I have been a quite admirer(almost said secret but that sounds creepy) for over 3 months now! Sheri you’ve given birth to another child! This newborn cruiser is ready for our first cruise from Galveston on board Carnival Breeze in August, thanks to you and your phenomenal family! I have officially listened to every podcast and watched every video! I feel like an expert cruiser and I have not even walked the gangway yet! I absolutely love your positive and sweet approach to all things! Love you all so much!
- Top of the Line Cruise PodcastJune 21, 2022 by LisaContreras808 from United States
This awesome 5 STAR team creates the best format for information, listening ease, and a positive atmosphere. I learn so much that I am immediately able to use. I find myself revisiting topics as needed, which really enhances my cruise planning. My husband is surprised and pleased with my newfound efficient packing skills! I feel prepared and energized by the pre-cruise experience. Most of all, Sheri, Mr. CruiseTipsTV and Junior are down to earth, inspiring, warm and funny. Thank you so much for sharing yourselves and your experiences with us!
- New To Your PodcastMay 5, 2022 by Brobinson767 from United States
Really enjoy your content as it covers more than one brand! We especially find information on Alaska cruises helpful as we are doing Alaska this summer on Ruby Princess in an aft facing suite! Would love to get more content on Celebrity cruises as we tend to cruise more on Royal and Celebrity. We really don’t like Carnival.