Let’s talk cruise packing hits and misses
In this episode we talk about cruise packing hits and misses from our Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas cruise. We’ll be sharing the good, the bad and the ugly from our first cruise back, specifically what went right, and WRONG with our our packing game on Royal Caribbean’s adventure of the seas.
DISCLOSURE: this article contains affiliate links & we may earn when you make a purchase.
Hits – Here are the top 5 things I reached for in my flight bag:
- My chargers, tucked nicely into a small, rolling organizer.
- A charging hub, on flights where there were no outlets to charge.
- Snacks. Hey, there’s no food for sale on airplanes right now! Pack food!
- Hand sanitizing wipes, for opening restroom doors, and keeping hands clean.
- Disposable clorox wipes to clean tray tables, seatbelts & handles early in the flight.
- Sunscreen selection was not good at hotels or ship
- Didnt wear athletic shoes a single time
- Didn’t wear water socks
- Flip flops broke
- Mr CTTV wasn’t happy with pants
- No laundry service on ship
- Packed one pair of shorts, could have used one more
- Disposable face masks are wonderful while traveling, because let’s be honest, it’s nice to toss them in the trash after a long flight.
- My cruise binder on this trip was THICK, and I have zero regrets about printing off everything for this cruise. From our COVID tests, health visas and shore ex proof, it was all worth the extra space this time! To learn how we make our binder, check out this little video.
- We drank Liquid IV EVERY day on this cruise, to stay hydrate and keep our immunity strong. I prefer the tangerine immunity blend, and hubby likes the energy formula. It’s great stuff! Get 25% off using our Discount Code: CRUISETIPSTV – it will automatically apply at check out when you use our link.
- Don’t overlook the onboard gift shops. Hubby found this awesome Royal Caribbean logo hat, which both of us can wear. And, I think he looks pretty darned handsome in it!
Listen to more CruiseTipsTV Unplugged podcasts here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact Our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our master class enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- Informative and thorough cruise podcastSeptember 16, 2021 by katde81 from United States
This podcast is very much worth the listen. I have never cruised before and found myself interested in planning future cruises. I hit the jackpot when I found Cruise Tips TV. You will find all aspects of cruising in the podcast. Sheri and Mr. Cruise Tips TV tell reviews about previous cruises and excursions, cruise industry news, preparation tips, packing tips, and so much more. They tell you so much useful information all while having a really wonderful dynamic that makes listening to them truly fun. I am so glad that I found this podcast. I now really feel prepared to plan some cruises for my family and I and I’m really excited to do so. This is literally the best travel podcast that I have found. One non podcast tip- check out their YouTube channel if you aren’t on the move. It’s really great to be able to get a real visual, especially of the ships and excursions.
- Cruise tips tvAugust 24, 2021 by Plantladydiane from United States
I recently found your show in preparation for my first cruise. I have found helpful information in each episode. I am enjoying all the tips and helpful hints! Thank you for an entertaining and informative show!
- Sounds Like CruisingAugust 10, 2021 by KarynClay from United States
You can’t help but hear Sheri’s voice and get swept away into the world of cruising. Whenever I’m really missing the feel of the ocean or the excitement of packing up my favorite cruise items, I listen to Sheri and feel like we’re right there together. She’s like the cream filling between each ‘cookie’ cruise you get to take.