Is Royal Caribbean Cruise Line right for you?
Today, we’re continuing our series designed to help you choose a cruise line. This week, we’re putting the spotlight on Royal Caribbean.
We asked our community WHY they chose to cruise with Royal Caribbean, and here are 10 things they had to say about what keeps them “loyal to Royal”. As always, we want to hear your thoughts, and you’re welcome to share in the comments!
Let’s get to it!
- Royal Caribbean offers VARIETY for all ages & interests! Our viewers report that Royal Caribbean is GREAT for multigenerational cruises because there are TONS of activities and options for all ages, preferences and activity levels. We’ll talk more about activities later, but for now, let’s talk about a BIG one when it comes to choosing Royal Caribbean.
- Royal Caribbean is innovative. In fact, you might even call them revolutionary. They’ve dreamed up first in the industry concepts repeatedly, and they pretty much LIVE on the cutting edge? What do we mean? How about bars with robotic bartenders and the rising tide bar that moves from one area of the ship to another. Royal Caribbean continues to innovate, and disrupt the industry in the best possible ways.
- The ships are destinations in themselves! Especially the Oasis Class! One subscriber said “they’re like floating cities, there’s SO much to do!” You’ll never run out of things to do on a Royal Caribbean ship! Their ships are continually voted the best in the industry, and there’s good reason for that. You may be wondering if you want to cruise on these massive ships. Will you get lost? Will it feel impersonal? Will it feel like a cruise? There’s no doubt that megaships offer a different cruise experience than those small and midsize ship which bring you closer to the ocean, but most Royal Caribbean ships are surprisingly easy to navigate, so you don’t need to worry about getting lost onboard.
- The next thing our community wants you to know is that Royal Caribbean offers excellent kids programs for all ages. In fact, they are currently the ONLY line with a nursery for babies & toddlers under the age of three which is a big draw for some families.
- Number 5 surprised me a bit. Our viewers want you to know that Perfect Day at CocoCay, Royal Caribbean’s private destination in the Bahamas is a HUGE draw for choosing to cruise with the line. From the tallest waterslide in North America inside thrill waterpark, to the private Coco Beach Club, there’s something for everyone on the island too. You can, zip line, try Up, Up & Away, the helium balloon that can go up to 450 feet in the air, shop on the beach, or just chill beachfront all day. There’s a myriad of free spots to spend the day too, like the Bahama’s largest freshwater pool and several white sand beaches. There’s also complimentary food – lots of it! You’ve gotta try the chicken sandwich when you visit. It’s the perfect, simple island food for your stop at Perfect Day!
- It’s no surprise that Royal Caribbean is GREAT for active cruisers! There’s physical activity and lots to do for people who lead an active lifestyle. Rock climbing, mini golf, the flowrider, zip lining, waterslides, dry slides, skydiving…and so much more.
- Number 7 us a BIG one for our audience, and probably one of the top reasons they keep coming back to Royal Caribbean. The Crown & Anchor society truly stands out and makes cruisers feel like they’re being treated incredibly well once they reach a certain level! What do we mean? Well, Starting at the Diamond level, members get free drinks, and for some, that saves them on buying a drink package! There’s lots more perks too, but we’re keeping this episode short, so check out the royal caribbean website for more details.
- Speaking of drinks, cruisers report that Royal Caribbean’s Drink packages are awesome, and I have to agree with this one! You can find deals before your cruise, and there’s no daily limit on drinks. AND, the drink package works at their private destinations. Don’t drink alcohol? That’s okay! The refreshment package, soda package and water package may be a good fit for you, and can save you some money. We LOVE all that’s included in the refreshment package, and feel that it’s worth it for us, especially on newer ships with juice bars that offer fresh squeezed juices and smoothies that are included with the package.
- So, what does it feel like to cruise with Royal Caribbean? The vibe is laid back, but there are luxe opportunities if you wish to seek them out. From upcharge dining to a variety of suites and posh staterooms, there’s something for every type of cruiser. But overall, you won’t find the cruise experience to be stuffy or pretentious. Relaxed, laid back fun is the general mood onboard Royal Caribbean.
- Last, but in NO way least important, the overall entertainment on Royal Caribbean will have you talking LONG after your cruise is over. From ice skating shows – YES, there’s an ice rink on some ships! To, , the amazing aqua theater shows, this is where Royal Caribbean shines bright. There’s live music, traditional theatre shows, and tons of other unique entertainment options onboard.
Listen to more CruiseTipsTV Unplugged here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- So helpfulNovember 23, 2022 by sandy garrison from United States
Sheri is entertaining and super professional. When I have reached out for specific recommendations for ports she has responded with specific options that work for our family that are kid friendly. Getting first hand recommendations is much better than reading online reviews and much appreciated. Thanks for always taking the high road and sharing the “facts” with us. Keep sharing your family cruise reports, I love to hear about your adventures.
- 15 Ways to Celebrate a Special Occasion on a CruiseNovember 9, 2022 by Chanin Owen from United States
I am new to cruising and have been doing ALL the research for our Norway Cruise on Holland America in August 2023 for a big celebration! I have absolutely LOVED this podcast and have learned so much! Sheri is so upbeat and positive and Mr. Cruise tips tv is very entertaining. When I heard this episode I found we had some things in common. My son's birthday is October 31st too! He just turned 21. And...we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary in June 2023 plus my husband turns 50 that same month! I am so excited to try some of the ideas you mentioned and hoping we have an amazing time! Thank you both for all of the great information. I'm still listening to older podcasts and it is all GREAT!
- Thanks for all of the wonderful, informative, entertaining content!!October 20, 2022 by TXTruckerGirl from United States
I came across one of your YouTube videos while I was doing research trying to decide which cruise to take with my fiancé and his parents. We are now booked on the Carnival Vista 7 day Western Caribbean in late February and are SO EXCITED!! I love your practical, real-life advice on all of the content you produce! You, Mr. CruiseTipsTV, and Junior have a great family dynamic and bring so much to your followers. Much appreciated, Melissa