Thinking of cruising Royal Caribbean? Here’re a few things you should know first
In this article we are continuing our series designed to help you choose a cruise line. In our previous article, we shared 7 factors to consider when booking with Carnival Cruise line, and this week, we’re putting the spotlight on Royal Caribbean.
We asked our community WHY they chose to cruise with Royal Caribbean, and here are 10 things they had to say about what keeps them “loyal to Royal”.
1. Royal Caribbean offers VARIETY for all ages & interests! Our viewers report that Royal Caribbean is GREAT for multigenerational cruises because there are TONS of activities and options for all ages, preferences and activity levels. We’ll talk more about activities later, but for now, let’s talk about a BIG one when it comes to choosing Royal Caribbean.
2. Royal Caribbean is innovative. In fact, you might even call them revolutionary. They’ve dreamed up first in the industry concepts repeatedly, and they pretty much LIVE on the cutting edge? What do we mean? How about bars with robotic bartenders and the rising tide bar that moves from one area of the ship to another. Royal Caribbean continues to innovate, and disrupt the industry in the best possible ways.
3. The ships are destinations in themselves! Especially the Oasis Class! One subscriber said “they’re like floating cities, there’s SO much to do!” You’ll never run out of things to do on a Royal Caribbean ship! Their ships are continually voted the best in the industry, and there’s good reason for that. You may be wondering if you want to cruise on these massive ships. Will you get lost? Will it feel impersonal? Will it feel like a cruise?
There’s no doubt that megaships offer a different cruise experience than those small and midsize ship which bring you closer to the ocean, but most Royal Caribbean ships are surprisingly easy to navigate, so you don’t need to worry about getting lost onboard.
4. The next thing our community wants you to know is that Royal Caribbean offers excellent kids programs for all ages. In fact, they are currently the ONLY line with a nursery for babies & toddlers under the age of three which is a big draw for some families.
5. This one surprised me a bit. Our viewers want you to know that Perfect Day at CocoCay, Royal Caribbean’s private destination in the Bahamas is a HUGE draw for choosing to cruise with the line. From the tallest waterslide in North America inside thrill waterpark, to the private Coco Beach Club, there’s something for everyone on the island too.
You can, zip line, try Up, Up & Away, the helium balloon that can go up to 450 feet in the air, shop on the beach, or just chill beachfront all day. There’s a myriad of free spots to spend the day too, like the Bahama’s largest freshwater pool and several white sand beaches. There’s also complimentary food – lots of it! You’ve gotta try the chicken sandwich when you visit. It’s the perfect, simple island food for your stop at Perfect Day!
6. It’s no surprise that Royal Caribbean is GREAT for active cruisers! There’s physical activity and lots to do for people who lead an active lifestyle. Rock climbing, mini golf, the flowrider, zip lining, waterslides, dry slides, skydiving…and so much more.
7. This is a BIG one for our audience, and probably one of the top reasons they keep coming back to Royal Caribbean. The Crown & Anchor society truly stands out and makes cruisers feel like they’re being treated incredibly well once they reach a certain level! What do we mean? Well, Starting at the Diamond level, members get free drinks, and for some, that saves them on buying a drink package! There’s lots more perks too, but we’re keeping this episode short, so check out the royal caribbean website for more details.
8. Speaking of drinks, cruisers report that Royal Caribbean’s Drink packages are awesome, and I have to agree with this one! You can find deals before your cruise, and there’s no daily limit on drinks. AND, the drink package works at their private destinations. Don’t drink alcohol? That’s okay! The refreshment package, soda package and water package may be a good fit for you, and can save you some money. We LOVE all that’s included in the refreshment package, and feel that it’s worth it for us, especially on newer ships with juice bars that offer fresh squeezed juices and smoothies that are included with the package.
9. The casual atmosphere is appealing! So, what does it feel like to cruise with Royal Caribbean? The vibe is laid back, but there are luxe opportunities if you wish to seek them out. From upcharge dining to a variety of suites and posh staterooms, there’s something for every type of cruiser. But overall, you won’t find the cruise experience to be stuffy or pretentious. Relaxed, laid back fun is the general mood onboard Royal Caribbean.
10. Last, but in NO way least important, the overall entertainment on Royal Caribbean will have you talking LONG after your cruise is over. From ice skating shows (YES, there’s an ice rink on some ships!), to the amazing aqua theater shows, this is where Royal Caribbean shines bright. There’s live music, traditional theatre shows, and tons of other unique entertainment options onboard.
Well, what do you think? Ready to try a Royal Caribbean cruise?
Read more articles here.
Cruise like a PRO!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our readers on this Intro to Cruising Master Class.
To redeem the $5.00 discount on our master class enter code ALLABOARD here, and, welcome to the Academy!
Need a Travel Advisor?
Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations: Let Wendy know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs, and an agent will give you a call back! Phone number is on the website.