I interviewed UnCruise Adventures owner and CEO, Dan Blanchard on the podcast today.
We’re pleased to welcome UnCruise Adventures CEO and Owner Dan Blanchard to the podcast today. For those of you who aren’t familiar with this incredible cruise experience focused on exploration, UnCruise offers Small boat adventure cruises which sail in Alaska, Mexico’s Sea of Cortes, Hawaii, Columbia and Snake Rivers, Pacific Northwest, Costa Rica, Panama, Belize, Colombia, and the Galápagos. In fact, Uncruise has been back in service for months with voyages in Alaska.
Captain Dan Blanchard grew up in Washington State, living and working on boats since he was a kid. He spent years exploring winding waterways, beachcombing on remote shores, oyster picking and clam digging, and learning to skin dive. Dan also has a podcast called No Ordinary Adventure, where he shares stories about his time on the sea, sustainable travel, industry news, travel tips and more. Dan has built a dream out of his passions!
We have the opportunity ask Dan some interesting questions, and by the end of this podcast, you’ll have a feel for what Uncruise offers, and who these small ship experiences are right for. Let’s get into the interview!
Here’s a few of the questions I’ll be asking Dan in this interview
- Tell us a little about the UnCruise experience and your vessels.
- What is life onboard like, and how is it different from a typical “cruise”?
- Last year, you celebrated your 25th anniversary as a company. It must feel incredible to be getting back to cruising in 2021, but what has the last year and a half looked like for UnCruise?
- What surprises guests the most about your voyages?
- What type of traveler will enjoy this type of cruise?
- What are your PERSONAL “top two” destinations that UnCruise visits?
- I understand that in 2013, you were adopted into a native Alaskan Tlingit tribe- tell us more about that!
- Where can we find you on social media and the web?
See news from UnCruise Adventures here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact Our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our master class enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- Cruise tips tvAugust 24, 2021 by Plantladydiane from United States
I recently found your show in preparation for my first cruise. I have found helpful information in each episode. I am enjoying all the tips and helpful hints! Thank you for an entertaining and informative show!
- Sounds Like CruisingAugust 10, 2021 by KarynClay from United States
You can’t help but hear Sheri’s voice and get swept away into the world of cruising. Whenever I’m really missing the feel of the ocean or the excitement of packing up my favorite cruise items, I listen to Sheri and feel like we’re right there together. She’s like the cream filling between each ‘cookie’ cruise you get to take.
- Good content but misophonia triggered!July 23, 2021 by GabbeRaymond from Canada
Sheri, love your content, but oh my goodness I have trouble listening sometimes because your mic might be too good?! I can hear all your “mouth noises” (so sorry, that term makes it sound grosser than it is). I have misophonia (and it’s more common than you might know!) and hearing any kind of smacking or saliva moving around in the mouth while someone talks reaaaaally rubs me the wrong way. Usually this occurs when someone is eating but your mic seems to pick up all these small noises while you talk and it makes me avoid your podcast sometimes! Which is a shame because as I said the content really is pretty interesting.