Today we are sharing 29 things experienced cruisers think you should know.
Today we are sharing 29 things experienced cruisers think you should know. We have sourced our viewers and compiled this expert list of 29 cruise tips to share with you. You can see the complete experienced cruiser list below.
Experienced Cruisers Think You Should Know
- Complete your cruise check in process properly and thoroughly. Print everything off and keep it in your carry on luggage.
- Travel with a passport
- Donâ€™t overpack
- Invest in cruise insurance – right now, weâ€™re hearing that people are having to cancel and cruise line policies are changing. Without insurance, you can lose a lot. Here’re some places to start: Travel Guard Cruise InsuranceÂ &Â Allianz Travel Cruise Insurance
- Emily says: Donâ€™t judge cruising based off your first cruise. Every cruise, every cruise line is different.Â With that said, other experts said itâ€™s key to take the time to find the right cruise line for you. This is where using a good travel agent comes in. Glutenfree horizons says â€śthereâ€™s a cruise line for everyone. If you found your first one wasnâ€™t for you, thereâ€™s a better option out thereâ€ť.Â
- Artrenity says: If something goes wrong, allow the staff the opportunity to fix it. Like Danielle said â€śthings WILL go wrong, but they will get betterâ€ť.Â
- Listen to the announcements – this tip is from a cruise director!Â
- Pack the proper toiletries and medications: Shampoo and conditioner are not always provided. Also, sunscreen, medications. Also, prepare for motion sickness, even though you may not need it!! Pain reliever, cold medicine, tummy medications, bandages, allergy meds, neosporin.Â
- Plan & research but donâ€™t over-plan or overbook yourself- often, the best things are the ones you didnâ€™t plan.Â
- Paw Print Cruises says to carve out an ENTIRE day to do nothing.
- Brenda shared that her fatal flaw is over planning, then getting upset when things donâ€™t go her way.
- Patirica said itâ€™s often the unexpected opportunities that make the best memories. Stay positive and enjoy the little things.Â
- Cheryl M says â€śDonâ€™t overplan and enjoy every moment including those just at sea or with family and friendsâ€ť.Â
- Try different types of food than you normally would at home:Â
- Unpack the first day/evening (closet hangers, Elizabethâ€™s tip)
- Book an early dinner time if you want to enjoy activities, entertainment and shows in the evening.
- Book specialty dining & shore excursions before you board the ship, if your heart is set on a particular dining time or activity.Â
- Be a flexible traveler. You know the saying â€śgo with the flowâ€ť. This is particularly important for cruise passengers, as there can be weather issues, port delays, port changes
- Take wine & soda onboard- check the policy and make SURE itâ€™s in your carry on luggage. LIke Danesha says â€śpack patience and WINE!â€ťÂ
- Price out the drink package
- The walls are metal- pack magnets or buy onboard.
- Kristen says â€śjoin in the games but donâ€™t take them too seriouslyâ€ť.Â
- The main dining room isnâ€™t just for dinner
- Bring cash for tipping porters taxi drivers, bus drivers, extra for the crew, excursion providers. Day 1 tip, keep small bills in your pockets, not your purse or wallet.Â
- Watch vlogs – why? Ship layouts, cabin tours, port activities.Â
- Cheryl says â€śexpect the unexpectedâ€ť. Hippy dippy says â€śdonâ€™t be rigid with expectationsâ€ťÂ
- Give yourself time to unwind: Liz says: if you have sensory or anxiety issues, it may take a few days to find your peace.Â
- Watch your account balance. itâ€™s very easy to spend, and mistakes DO happen.Â
- Embarkation day can be stressful. Expect it to be, and know that itâ€™s normal.Â
- Use a travel agent! They can help you to re-price your cruise, choose a cruise line and choose the right insurance. Dchenkin says â€śit costs you nothing and saves you headachesâ€ť.Â
- Claudine cautions; The ship is huge! Pack comfortable broken in shoes. Shoes with good tread for pool decks.Â
- Formal night is usually optional. Kandace says â€śformal night is fun, but if itâ€™s not your thing, thatâ€™s okay. Other things to do and eat onboard!â€ť.
- Traveling tenor says â€śget to know the staff and crew. Kindness goes a long wayâ€ť.
Listen to more CruiseTipsTV Unplugged here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope youâ€™ve enjoyed this podcast and weâ€™d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner,Â Montebello Dream VacationsÂ & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.Â
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for ourÂ podcastÂ listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED atÂ https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- Newbie CruiserJune 25, 2022 by Bizymom3kids from United States
I have been a quite admirer(almost said secret but that sounds creepy) for over 3 months now! Sheri youâ€™ve given birth to another child! This newborn cruiser is ready for our first cruise from Galveston on board Carnival Breeze in August, thanks to you and your phenomenal family! I have officially listened to every podcast and watched every video! I feel like an expert cruiser and I have not even walked the gangway yet! I absolutely love your positive and sweet approach to all things! Love you all so much!
- Top of the Line Cruise PodcastJune 21, 2022 by LisaContreras808 from United States
This awesome 5 STAR team creates the best format for information, listening ease, and a positive atmosphere. I learn so much that I am immediately able to use. I find myself revisiting topics as needed, which really enhances my cruise planning. My husband is surprised and pleased with my newfound efficient packing skills! I feel prepared and energized by the pre-cruise experience. Most of all, Sheri, Mr. CruiseTipsTV and Junior are down to earth, inspiring, warm and funny. Thank you so much for sharing yourselves and your experiences with us!
- New To Your PodcastMay 5, 2022 by Brobinson767 from United States
Really enjoy your content as it covers more than one brand! We especially find information on Alaska cruises helpful as we are doing Alaska this summer on Ruby Princess in an aft facing suite! Would love to get more content on Celebrity cruises as we tend to cruise more on Royal and Celebrity. We really donâ€™t like Carnival.