5 reasons why we can’t wait to sail with Princess Cruises again.
While MedallionClass cruising isn’t a NEW concept for Princess Cruises, there is something very exciting that has changed over the last year for the cruise line. In this week’s podcast we’ll talk about what has changed, what we are looking forward to, and why we can’t wait to cruise with Princess Cruises again.
Here’s just a sample of what we’ll cover.
- From the very beginning, Princess led the way with their health and safety protocols.’
- In fact, we created an article and video back in October about “is cruising safe” and at the center of that article was Princess’s health and safety protocols.
- Princess is determined to get it right, and we have no doubt they will.
- Sure, we’re biased. We’ve been on 10 Princess cruises already, so we love the product, but we think you’ll want to hear why.
- The “standout” reason….Medallion.
MedallionClass cruising makes the difference
When Princess Cruises sets sail once again, their entire fleet will be Medallion enabled. That means every Princess cruise will now be a medallion class cruise! We love the Medallion concept and why you should consider Princess Cruises.
First , lets talk about what the Medallion actually IS. Princess MedallionClass™ vacations offers the best in contactless, personalized cruising. It starts with your OceanMedallion™, a quarter-sized, wearable device that replaces your cruise card, and enables everything from touch-free boarding to locating your friends and family anywhere on the ship, as well as convenient services like having whatever you need, delivered.
So, why should you consider a Medallion Class Cruise?
1. First, safety. we will feel a LOT more confident cruising know that the line has done everything they can to provide touchless experiences wherever possible. The Medallion allows for a truly contactless cruise experience. While it may have been designed for convenience, the Medallion Technology is proving to be a great tool for touchless checkin, allowing for distancing when necessary which means YOU will find yourself in fewer situations where you’re at risk
2. Convenience. Say goodbye to crowded muster stations. You can now complete the safety drill through a video you can watch in your stateroom, or on your device on embarkation day. Navigating the ship, and locating your loved ones.
3. Pampering & perks. Sometimes it the little things like having drinks delivered to you anywhere on the ship, but that’s not all. Here’s a list of a few more awesome perks.
- Faster boarding
- Best Wi-Fi at sea
- Finding your way around the ship
- Whatever you need, delivered
- Locating friends & family on board
- Bookmarking events
- Easy stateroom entry
- Family-friendly games
4. The Medallion gives you choices. You can use it as much or as little as you’d like. Not wanting to bring more tech into your cruise? No problem- use it for the basics like embarkation and opening your stateroom door. Looking for the full experience, you can try Ocean Sportsbook to wager, realtime on sports while the ship is international waters.
5. MedallionNet. As Princess puts it on their website: From sunbathing in the Caribbean to sake-tasting in Japan, some stories just can’t wait to be told. With MedallionNet, enjoy fast and reliable Wi-Fi at sea so you can share your memories on social media, stream your favorite music and connect with loved ones at home.
See our Royal Princess full ship tour here.
How to get Ocean Ready
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact Our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our master class enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- Good content but misophonia triggered!July 23, 2021 by GabbeRaymond from Canada
Sheri, love your content, but oh my goodness I have trouble listening sometimes because your mic might be too good?! I can hear all your “mouth noises” (so sorry, that term makes it sound grosser than it is). I have misophonia (and it’s more common than you might know!) and hearing any kind of smacking or saliva moving around in the mouth while someone talks reaaaaally rubs me the wrong way. Usually this occurs when someone is eating but your mic seems to pick up all these small noises while you talk and it makes me avoid your podcast sometimes! Which is a shame because as I said the content really is pretty interesting.
- Great Tips From CTTVJuly 3, 2021 by berflr from United States
Sheri and Mr. CTTV are so warm accessible and informative- I just love their content. I have a cruise booked soon and I just know that their advice is going to take my experience to the next level. 5 stars!
- A very pleasant listenJune 8, 2021 by We5freaks from United States
I’m booking a Royal Caribbean cruise in February 2022 on the Oasis of the Seas. I was exited and started searching for a cruise podcast to listen to (along with some YouTube videos to watch). Fortunately, this was the first one I found during my search. Then I chose an episode to play. I found the voices to be very pleasant and the information to be very informative. This is a high recommend listen!