5 reasons why we can’t wait to sail with Princess Cruises again.
While MedallionClass cruising isn’t a NEW concept for Princess Cruises, there is something very exciting that has changed over the last year for the cruise line. In this week’s podcast we’ll talk about what has changed, what we are looking forward to, and why we can’t wait to cruise with Princess Cruises again.
Here’s just a sample of what we’ll cover.
- From the very beginning, Princess led the way with their health and safety protocols.’
- In fact, we created an article and video back in October about “is cruising safe” and at the center of that article was Princess’s health and safety protocols.
- Princess is determined to get it right, and we have no doubt they will.
- Sure, we’re biased. We’ve been on 10 Princess cruises already, so we love the product, but we think you’ll want to hear why.
- The “standout” reason….Medallion.
MedallionClass cruising makes the difference
When Princess Cruises sets sail once again, their entire fleet will be Medallion enabled. That means every Princess cruise will now be a medallion class cruise! We love the Medallion concept and why you should consider Princess Cruises.
First , lets talk about what the Medallion actually IS. Princess MedallionClass™ vacations offers the best in contactless, personalized cruising. It starts with your OceanMedallion™, a quarter-sized, wearable device that replaces your cruise card, and enables everything from touch-free boarding to locating your friends and family anywhere on the ship, as well as convenient services like having whatever you need, delivered.
So, why should you consider a Medallion Class Cruise?
1. First, safety. we will feel a LOT more confident cruising know that the line has done everything they can to provide touchless experiences wherever possible. The Medallion allows for a truly contactless cruise experience. While it may have been designed for convenience, the Medallion Technology is proving to be a great tool for touchless checkin, allowing for distancing when necessary which means YOU will find yourself in fewer situations where you’re at risk
2. Convenience. Say goodbye to crowded muster stations. You can now complete the safety drill through a video you can watch in your stateroom, or on your device on embarkation day. Navigating the ship, and locating your loved ones.
3. Pampering & perks. Sometimes it the little things like having drinks delivered to you anywhere on the ship, but that’s not all. Here’s a list of a few more awesome perks.
- Faster boarding
- Best Wi-Fi at sea
- Finding your way around the ship
- Whatever you need, delivered
- Locating friends & family on board
- Bookmarking events
- Easy stateroom entry
- Family-friendly games
4. The Medallion gives you choices. You can use it as much or as little as you’d like. Not wanting to bring more tech into your cruise? No problem- use it for the basics like embarkation and opening your stateroom door. Looking for the full experience, you can try Ocean Sportsbook to wager, realtime on sports while the ship is international waters.
5. MedallionNet. As Princess puts it on their website: From sunbathing in the Caribbean to sake-tasting in Japan, some stories just can’t wait to be told. With MedallionNet, enjoy fast and reliable Wi-Fi at sea so you can share your memories on social media, stream your favorite music and connect with loved ones at home.
See our Royal Princess full ship tour here.
How to get Ocean Ready
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact Our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our master class enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- Best podcast!February 20, 2021 by Userdoeser from United States
Sheri, Mr. Cruisetips TV, and Junior always deliver the best, upbeat, and heartwarming content. As a cruise and travel lover, their content has kept me in a positive mindset during the shut down and through my canceled cruises. Every week I look forward to listening to their podcast and catching up on their YouTube content. Thanks for all you do to keep this community going! See you on the high seas one day!
- Great podcast!February 18, 2021 by Wmscott24 from United States
Cruise tips tv unplugged is such a great podcast! It is always upbeat and positive and filled with great advice and tips. I enjoy the banter between Sheri and her husband. Can’t wait to get back cruising but in the meantime this helps me scratch my cruising itch.
- The best podcast ever!February 6, 2021 by gnp_67 from United States
Cruise tips tv unplugged is my favorite podcast I ever listened to! I absolutely agree that the “worst travel experiences make the best stories and I have a lot of those (2 taking place in heathrow). By far the worst was during a trip to Hawaii. We stayed four days before and had a great time. Soon into the trip we discovered that we had hurricane lane coming our way. The good part was we got an extra day out of the cruise. The bad side that that though was all of our flights were cancelled. There were 9 of us and we all had the same flight home originally. Also our itinerary got changed but we didn’t even mind that. But at three in the morning my dad went to change our flight at the phones in guest services because he was up early. It took three hours to get someone on the phone and at 6 we all had to wake up and say that he could handle our reservation. Someone in our party needed to be in first class so besides just saying that my dad can do her reservations she went on about getting first class. Anyway she hung the phone up with her chin and lost all of the work my did getting someone one the phone. As it turns out the people next to us on the phone took all of our seats that we were supposed to get. So we had to split up on three different flights. The two people who got first class were able to get on a early flight. Two of us had to stay an extra day and had to stay in a hotel which at the time was being used for people whose homes where damaged by the hurricane and five of us included me booked a 10 pm flight.. we got of the ship at 8am. So we spent 12 hours on the airport which closed during the day and it was empty. We actually had a good time while we were there. We had WiFi for the first time all week and we talked all day. So finally after many long hours we board the plane. All of the sudden it goes black. One of the engine goes out l. We had to stay for two hours on a dark plane and I fell asleep for a hour which was good. We now had a layover in lax which we didn’t have before for 4 hours, then our plane got delayed for two hours. We got home after 24 hours and we were beyond exhausted. In the dark because of the time difference. It was a long draining experience but we all got home safe and sound and looking back it was really funny.