These 20 things could make or break your cruise vacation
Today on the podcast we are talking about 10 ways to have a great cruise, and 10 ways to ruin your cruise vacation. Here’s the list of things we’ll cover today:
10 ways to have a great cruise
- Choose the right cruise line
- Fly or drive in the day before
- Create a sailaway tradition
- Plan your cruise, but don’t over plan
- Make plans on shore days, when you can
- Make the most of your newsletter
- Be kind to staff and crew
- Be flexible open minded
- Don’t over do it.
- Use a travel agent
10 ways to ruin your cruise
- Get upset about a missed port, weather, or a change
- Over planning
- Break the rules- fighting, throwing something overboard
- Missing the ship in port
- Not being prepared for seasickness
- Booking excursions last minute
- Getting stuck at a bad MDR table
- Get sunburned
- Packing mistakes
- Not staying hydrated
Listen to more CruiseTipsTV Unplugged podcasts here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- Love this podcast - so many tips!November 8, 2023 by Berrmic from United States
I’ve listened to many cruise related podcasts and this is the best by far. So many wonderful tips! I’ve become a carry-on only traveler because of CTTV and love being able to avoid the long walk to retrieve my luggage. I took the cruise line personality quiz on the CTTV website and we absolutely loved our first Holland America cruise. Much better fit than our previous cruises. I am always going back to previous episodes to pick up tips and advice I may have missed. Thank you CTTV!
- Great podcast!October 25, 2023 by Soiffey72 from United States
This is a great and fun podcast with such practical and useful information.
- Best podcast ever!!September 2, 2023 by Orla H. from United States
I started listening to the podcast about a month ago. They are so helpful for anyone who is taking a cruise, first or 50th. I’m going on my second cruise soon and just from listening I booked another! Thanks so much for giving me so many tips for my next cruise.