Backstage with Travel Agent Wendy Montebello
Today we are talking with travel agent Wendy Montebello. We are going to take you backstage and discuss the key role of travel agents, and how to get the most out of your cruise booking experience.
Here’s a list of some of the questions we’ll be asking Wendy
- What is the key role of a travel advisor? What do you do for your clients?
- Should a first-time cruiser book with a TA?
- What question can someone ask a travel agent when getting to know them and making sure they are the right fit?
- Do you charge for your services, and how do you make your money?
- How do you help your clients select the right travel insurance?
- What are some things cruisers need to be aware of right now when booking a cruise?
- Does it bother you when someone asks a lot of questions?
- Are changes easily made when requested?
- Do cruisers give up control when they book with a TA?
- If you’ve already booked a cruise through the cruise line, can you switch it to a travel agent?
- Are points with the cruise lines accumulated when using a travel agent?
- What’s the difference between a PVP (who works for the cruise line) and a travel agent? What can/can’t a PVP do?
Listen to more CruiseTipsTV Unplugged here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- Love this podcast - so many tips!November 8, 2023 by Berrmic from United States
I’ve listened to many cruise related podcasts and this is the best by far. So many wonderful tips! I’ve become a carry-on only traveler because of CTTV and love being able to avoid the long walk to retrieve my luggage. I took the cruise line personality quiz on the CTTV website and we absolutely loved our first Holland America cruise. Much better fit than our previous cruises. I am always going back to previous episodes to pick up tips and advice I may have missed. Thank you CTTV!
- Great podcast!October 25, 2023 by Soiffey72 from United States
This is a great and fun podcast with such practical and useful information.
- Best podcast ever!!September 2, 2023 by Orla H. from United States
I started listening to the podcast about a month ago. They are so helpful for anyone who is taking a cruise, first or 50th. I’m going on my second cruise soon and just from listening I booked another! Thanks so much for giving me so many tips for my next cruise.