GUESTS TO “SAVOR THE WORLD” WITH IMMERSIVE CULINARY EXPERIENCES ON UPCOMING FLAGSHIP MSC WORLD EUROPA
- MSC Cruises’ first LNG-powered ship will offer a plethora of innovative culinary and mixology concepts, global partnerships, and signature experiences for families and foodies alike
- MSC World Europa will officially welcome guests in December 2022 and will spend her inaugural season in the Arabian Gulf region
Geneva, Switzerland – June 14, 2022 – MSC World Europa’s first guests will embark on a gastronomic journey when they set sail in December 2022. The ground-breaking ship will be home to more than 30 international and immersive food and beverage concepts, each driven by creative expression and seasonality.
MSC Cruises is renowned for offering an incredible choice of restaurants and bars featuring globally inspired menus. On the heels of specialty dining concepts that have become popular enough to be rolled out across the fleet, the cruise line continues to push the boundaries of ship-board dining to deliver new experiences that complement every moment of the cruise – which rises to a new level on MSC World Europa.
Jacques Van Staden, Vice President of Food & Beverage, MSC Cruises, said: “The food and beverage experience on board MSC World Europa – much like the ship itself – has been designed with the future in mind. From sustainable sourcing and fresh farm-to-ocean ingredients, we have pulled out all the stops to offer a varied and unabridged dining offering for the next generation cruiser. Each new concept aims to go beyond what traditional venues achieved in the past and focus on crafted, artisanal, and immersive experiences that will revolutionize the place dining holds in the overall cruise experience. We are eager for guests to discover what we have in store and savor the world while traveling with us.”
MSC World Europa features 20 bars and lounges, and 13 next-level dining venues, for a distinct gastronomic journey of discovery that offers guests everything from grab-and-go to fine dining, elevating the onboard experience with a variety of innovations and exciting new collaborations.
BARS & LOUNGES: FROM MORNING COFFEE TO LATE-NIGHT COCKTAILS
The future of cruising involves going beyond previous guest expectations by building sophisticated and immersive venues. MSC World Europa is brimming with seven new concepts to delight the senses.
Chief among these, guests will find:
- NEW! Coffee Emporium: This sleek and modern spot is a coffee connoisseur’s dream. Choose from some of the world’s best coffee beans, including a signature blend roasted on board and Rainforest Alliance certified Lavazza ¡Tierra! for Planet. Then select your favorite brewing and serving style with options including French, Italian, Turkish and Moroccan, served with corresponding international sweet treats. Lavazza, one of the world’s leading coffee roasters, will develop a special MSC signature roast, which can also be taken home. All of these special coffees can be enjoyed in the buzzy café or on the outdoor patio from morning through cocktail hour, when a delicious espresso martini is sure to be in high demand.
- NEW! Raj Polo Tea House: Take a step back in time to turn-of-the-century India, where Indian and English tea traditions converge in a relaxing tropical setting. Guests will discover time-honored English Breakfast and High Tea alongside trendier beverage options like cold-brewed and iced tea selections, tea infused cocktails, and tea digestives with tasty accoutrements.
- Masters of the Sea: MSC Cruises’ signature British pub reaches new heights, both literally and figuratively. The new design features two levels for enjoying live music and drinks. The space includes a NEW! full-scale micro-brewery making an MSC Signature beers on board, thanks to a new collaboration with an award-winning master brewer with details to be revealed soon.
- NEW! The Gin Project: Gin aficionados won’t be able to pass up over 70 craft gins, with classic cocktails expertly prepared by gin-tenders. Guests will be able to test their hand at shaking their own botanical cocktails with a vintage Crawley’s shaker.
- NEW! Elixir – Mixology Bar: The “It Bar” for cool and edgy cocktails, with expert mixologists creating handcrafted concoctions featuring delicious Fever Tree mixers. This space also offers an outdoor terrace to enjoy pre- and post-meal beverages while watching the waves go by under the stars, as well as a dedicated Liquor Corner for tasting your favorite spirits.
- Fizz – Champagne Bar: The bubbly experience is elevated from previous ships with a dedicated venue. This sumptuous lounge offers an elegant atmosphere to enjoy decadent Champagne and sparkling wine, a selection of caviar, chilled seafood and more.
Other new hotspots include a healthy green Zest – Juice Bar, the Malt Lounge for fine cigars with an incredible choice of whisky or cognac, Sweet Temptations – the ultimate gelato and frozen yogurt bar – where kids can build their own frozen yogurt and magnum ice cream bars, and many more to be discovered on board.
FRESH AND DELECTABLE DINING FOR EVERY PALATE
The dining selection on board MSC World Europa offers its own mesmerizing new concepts to enjoy, as well as popular favorites that guests will want to come back to again and again. With countless styles of cuisine and fresher-than-fresh ingredient sourcing, the options are seemingly endless.
- NEW! Chef’s Garden Kitchen: An oasis for foodies that focuses on flavorful, seasonal farm-to-ocean cooking with hydroponic microgreens grown and harvested on board. The microgreens and lush greenery serve as the ultimate backdrop, set against an open chef’s table kitchen complete with al fresco dining options.
- NEW! La Pescaderia: Fresh seafood in a market-style setting – complete with a fresh fish display where guests can choose from whole fish to be prepared or from a selection of to-go options. The restaurant prepares traditional seafood complemented by a variety of Mediterranean appetizers and features outdoor patio seating.
- NEW! Luna Park Pizza & Burger: A casual buffet featuring bright ambiance and inventive design elements for all ages. The interactive experience includes family games and a fun menu with classic American fare like “Coney dogs,” salted pretzels and funnel cake.
Perennial specialty restaurant favorites will also be found on board, including the Butcher’s Cut American-style steakhouse, the fun and flavorful Asian-inspired Kaito Teppanyaki & Sushi Bar, and the Latin American street food-inspired inspired Hola! Tacos & Cantina.
Main dining options are available in the Bubbles, La Foglia, Esagono, and Hexagon Restaurants, along with Il Mercato Buffet and La Brasserie Buffet. Aurea guests will also enjoy exclusive access to the Les Dunes Restaurant.
MSC World Europa is under construction at Chantiers de l’Atlantique in Saint Nazaire, France and will welcome her first guests in December 2022. She will spend her inaugural season in the Arabian Gulf region, providing the ultimate winter sun experience with 7-night cruises from Dubai. The ship will sail to the nearby modern metropolis of Abu Dhabi; Sir Bani Yas Island; Dammam in Saudi Arabia; the breath-taking Al Ahsa oasis, a UNESCO World Heritage site; Doha, Qatar; and then return to Dubai with an overnight in the city to discover all the marvels it has to offer.
Departing Dubai on March 25, 2023, MSC World Europa will head to the Mediterranean Sea. For summer 2023, she will offer 7-night cruises calling at the Italian ports of Genoa, Naples and Messina; Valletta in Malta; Barcelona in Spain; and Marseille in France.
For more information about MSC World Europa, please click here.
ABOUT MSC WORLD EUROPA
MSC World Europa is the first in the trail-blazing MSC World Class – a brand new class of ships that introduces a completely new design. Boasting future-proof marine and onboard hospitality technologies, MSC World Europa will redefine the cruise experience with a variety of never-before-seen concepts and creative areas unlike anything at sea today. The ground-breaking design features a Y-shaped aft that leads to the impressive 341-foot-long half open, half covered Europa Promenade with breath-taking ocean views. Brand new balcony cabins overlook the spectacular promenade, which features a striking architectural centerpiece in the form of The Venom Drop @ The Spiral, an 11-deck-high slide which will be the longest at sea.
About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises is the world’s third largest cruise brand as well as the leader in Europe, South America, the Gulf region and Southern Africa, with more market share in addition to deployed capacity than any other player. It is also the fastest growing global cruise brand with a strong presence in the Caribbean, North America and the Far East markets.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, MSC Cruises is one of the two brands that sit within the Cruises Division of MSC Group, the leading privately held Swiss-based shipping and logistics conglomerate with over 300 years of maritime heritage. MSC Cruises – the contemporary brand – has a modern fleet of 19 vessels combined with a sizeable future global investment portfolio of new vessels. The fleet is projected to grow to 23 cruise ships by 2025, with options for six more vessel orders in place through 2030.
MSC Cruises offers its guests an enriching, immersive and safe cruise experience inspired by the Company’s European heritage, where they can enjoy international dining, world-class entertainment, award-winning family programs, and the very latest user-friendly technology on board. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ itineraries and experience on board its ships, click here.
The Company’s number one priority has always been the health and safety of its guests and crew, as well as the communities at the destinations its ships serve. In August 2020, MSC Cruises implemented a new comprehensive and robust health and safety protocol to become the first major line to return to sea. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ health & safety protocol, click here.
MSC Cruises has long been committed to environmental stewardship, with a long-term goal to achieve net zero emissions for its operations by 2050. The Company is also a significant investor in next-generation environmental marine technologies, with the objective to support their accelerated development and availability industry-wide. To learn more about the Company’s environmental commitment, click here.
Finally, to learn more about the MSC Foundation, MSC Group’s own vehicle to lead, focus and advance its conservation, humanitarian and cultural commitments, click here.
See more from MSC Cruises here.
Looking for the latest cruise news?
We constantly scour the press release sites of all major cruise brands, including AIDA, Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Costa, Cunard, Disney Cruises, Holland America Cruises, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Seabourn, Silversea, UnCruise Adventures, Virgin Voyages, Windstar, and more.
We make it easy for you to find out what your favorite cruise line is up to. Just click the Cruise News link at the top of the page for the latest news on all lines, or use the links above to find news about the cruise line of your choice.