Windstar Cruises Announces New 2021 Small Ship Cruise Schedule
Windstar Cruises “Save Now & Sail Later” Offer Begins May 29, 2020
SEATTLE, WA, May 29, 2020 – Small ship cruise operator Windstar Cruises releases a new schedule of cruises for its fleet of six yachts in 2021 and launches the “Save Now & Sail Later” offer to celebrate. With three Star Class yachts emerging in 2020 and 2021 from a major transformation and “stretch” in Italy, new schedules affect the three yachts.
“We’ve made changes to our 2021 cruise schedule to accommodate new launch dates of the Star Class yachts and a desire for more sailings from U.S. and Caribbean ports,” said Xanterra and Windstar Cruises CEO Andrew Todd. “And though bookings are ahead of where they were at this time last year, we want to offer the best deal we can to travelers ready to cruise in 2021.”
The “Save Now & Sail Later” One Week Sale is open from May 29-June 4 and features a variety of cruises in 2021 with rates starting at $1,299 per guest based on double occupancy. In addition to reduced prices on select itineraries (as well as cruise tours with overland components) in the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Tahiti, Caribbean, Alaska, U.S. Coastals, Canada, Asia, Mexico and Panama/Costa Rica, guests can receive up to $1,000 in shipboard credit per stateroom. See more details below.
Fresh from a major transformation adding suites and amenities on board, 312-guest Star Breeze begins sailing October 27, 2020. Her new schedule includes four cruises in the Mediterranean before she heads to the Caribbean to sail among the islands from late December 2020 to March 2021. Weeklong cruises on two itineraries sail roundtrip from San Juan, Puerto Rico for convenient U.S. flight arrangements.
In late April, the yacht sails two new Central American cruises departing from Miami – a first for the cruise line – before beginning to make its way north along the coast cruising new itineraries in Costa Rica and Panama, Mexico, and along the West Coast to Vancouver, B.C. where she begins her summer of cruising in Southeast Alaska. In September, Star Breeze sails for Asia and then on to her first season in Australia and New Zealand in December 2021.
312-guest Star Legend is scheduled to emerge from renovations in March 2021 and will sail in the Mediterranean, Northern Europe and Central America.
312-guest Star Pride leaves the shipyard in June 2021 and begins sailing in July in Northern Europe, Iceland, Greenland and Canada. On October 23, 2021, she departs New York City for San Juan, Puerto Rico and Caribbean island itineraries.
148-guest Wind Spirit will be the first yacht to resume sailing on September 3, 2020 in Tahiti after Windstar suspended operations due to the ongoing impact of the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. Wind Spirit sails seven, 10-, and 11-day cruises year-round in Tahiti with convenient eight-hour non-stop flights from Los Angeles. Windstar offers an all-inclusive air, cruise and hotel package with cruises in French Polynesia.
342-guest Wind Surf resumes sailing in the Caribbean on November 29, 2020, where she sails until an April ocean crossing takes her to the Mediterranean for the rest of the year.
148-guest Wind Star begins sailing on January 23, 2021 in Costa Rica and Panama, and then heads to the Mediterranean and Greek Islands.
Windstar’s Travel Assurance Booking Policy allows travelers to cancel their cruise up to 15 days prior to departure and receive a 100 percent future cruise credit based on money paid on the booking to be used on all sailings through December 31, 2021.
The health and well-being of guests, crew, land-based employees and people in the communities visited is always a top priority. During this temporary pause in operations, Windstar’s staff is reviewing and updating its health and safety practices including enhanced sanitation protocols, health screenings, additional medical staff on board, expanded dining times with outdoor dining, and crew training.
Re: the “Save Now & Sail Later” shipboard credit (SBC), details are as follows:
- Guests cruising on voyages 14 days or more in a premium suite (Owners Suites, Classic Suites, Wind Surf Suites, Bridge Suites) will receive a $1,000 per stateroom SBC ($500 per guest)
- Guests cruising on voyages under 14 days in a premium suite (Owners Suites, Classic Suites, Wind Surf Suites, Bridge Suites) will receive a $400 per stateroom SBC ($200 per guest)
- Guests cruising on voyages 14 days or over in any other category will receive a $400 per stateroom SBC ($200 per guest)
- Guests cruising on voyages under 14 days in any other category will receive a $200 per stateroom SBC ($100 per guest).
Windstar Cruises Sample itineraries include:
- Dreams of Tahiti – a seven-day voyage on a graceful sailing ship in the South Pacific, with rates starting from $1,399 per guest. There are 24 dates to choose from as part of the sale.
- Costa Rica & the Panama Canal – a seven-day journey full of natural and man-made wonders, with rates starting from $1,499 per guest. There are five departure dates to choose from as part of the sale.
- Yachtsman’s Caribbean – a six- or seven-day cruise to hidden coves and tiny harbors typically only private yachts frequent, with rates from $1,399 per guest. There are five different dates to choose from as part of this sale, plus a variety of similar Caribbean itineraries.
Windstar cruises operates a fleet of six small yachts carrying from 148 to 342 guests and is known for visiting small ports and hidden harbors around the world.
More news from Windstar Cruises