Autumn is here, and we’re welcoming it with fall cocktail recipes
Fall is in the air (so is Vlogtoberfest!), and we’re excited to make 4 unique fall cocktail recipes LIVE during the month of October. We’ve included 5 Fall Cocktail Recipes for you to choose from, including the dates we’ll be making them LIVE for our Vlogtoberfest event!
Here is the full list of fall cocktail recipes we’ll be making so you can prep your ingredients! We’re mixing it up with different flavors- pumpkin, floral, cranberry, orange and apple fall cocktail recipes, so there’s something for everyone!
Beneath each recipe, we’ll list some substitutions, and as always, to make it a mocktail, simply leave out the alcohol and follow the mocktail modifications beneath each recipe (except the Aviation).
Apple Cider Margarita – Friday October 8
- 3 oz apple cider
- 1 1/2 oz gold tequila
- 1 oz Triple Sec, Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 sprinkle cinnamon
- 1-2 slices apple (any type will do!)
- 1 cinnamon stick (if you’re feeling fancy)
- Cinnamon and sugar (to rim the glass)
- Run a lime slice around the rim of your cocktail glass. Dip the rim of the glass in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar until coated. Add all liquid ingredients and a shake of cinnamon to a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice. Shake until mixed and pour cocktail and ice into a prepared, rimmed glass. Serve with cinnamon stick garnish and apple slice (optional).
- *NOTE: this is a very good recipe for parties! Simply multiply the recipe, skip the shaker, stir everything together and place the ingredients in a pitcher in the fridge until ready to serve. Rim the glasses and add garnish when ready to serve.
Substitutions: Apple juice can be substituted for cider, and lemon juice for lime juice. To make this non-alcoholic, try adding some flavored Bubly or La Croix to the mix. Cranberry or Lime flavored sparkling water would be wonderful!
Pumpkin Spice Martini – make this one anytime!
- 1 oz Pumpkin Spice Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 oz Vanilla vodka
- 1 oz half and half
- Garnish: Cinnamon sugar to rim the glass. Cinnamon stick optional (big time optional!)
Directions: Rim a chilled martini glass with cinnamon sugar. Pour the vanilla flavored vodka, Irish cream liqueur, and half and half into a cocktail shaker over ice. Cover, and shake until the outside of the shaker has frosted. Strain into a chilled martini glass, and garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg to serve. Serve with a cinnamon stick if you’re feeling ultra fancy.
Mocktail Modification: Rim the glass with cinnamon and sugar. Pour 1 ounce pumpkin spice syrup (Torani and Monin make great ones), into a cocktail shaker with 2 ounces half and half, and ice. Add 1-2 Tablespoons of unsweetened pumpkin puree. Shake, strain and serve in a martini glass!
Substitutions: Pumpkin spice Bailey’s can be tricky to find. Regular Baileys and some pumpkin syrup from Monin are GREAT subs! To make this dairy free, use almond milk or coconut cream in place of half and half. Bailey’s also makes a dairy free almond Irish Cream that can be combined with a pumpkin syrup.
Aviation (NEW for 2021!) – Friday October 15
The Aviation is a classic purple-hued cocktail made with gin, maraschino liqueur, crème de violette, and lemon juice. This cocktail can’t be modified into a mocktail, but all the others this fall CAN! In the photo below, you’ll see the brands I used to make this recipe. Honestly, the Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur and the Crème de Violette were the ONLY options at my local BevMo, so I bought what they had. I also had Bombay Sapphire on hand, thus the gin choice.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 ounces gin
- 1/4 ounce maraschino liqueur
- 1/4 ounce crème de violette liqueur
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
Directions: Pour the gin, liqueurs, and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake, then strain into a martini or cocktail glass. You can serve it straight up, or over ice. I prefer it with ice, as it’s a pretty strong cocktail, and the ice slowly melts into it over time. Garnish with lemon zest or a cherry.
Cranberry Ginger Spritz – Friday October 22
This quick and easy cocktail is perfect for fall entertaining, and contains only 4 ingredients! It loosely follows the mimosa pattern, with fruit juice, champagne or prosecco, and of course- good friends!
- 2 oz Ginger ale, ginger sparkling water or ginger beer
- 2 oz Cranberry juice
- Champagne or Prosecco, to top
- Garnish: Sugared cranberries or frozen cranberries (optional)
- Directions: Combine the liquid ingredients in champagne glass or cocktail glass of choice, and top with sugared or frozen cranberries. Floating a few cranberries in the glass makes this an extra festive drink!
- Substitutions: No bubbly on hand? Try this one with gin or vodka! Grape juice also works in place of cranberry juice!
- Mocktail Modification: If you’re making this one virgin, we suggest omitting the champagne and using ginger beer (instead of ale) and doubling the amount (use 4 oz ginger beer & 2 oz cranberry juice). If you find this recipe too sweet, try reduced sugar cranberry juice, or even unsweetened cranberry juice.
Orange Spice Old Fashioned – Friday October 29
- 1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
- 2 large orange peels
- 1 pinch each cinnamon & nutmeg
- 3 dashes of bitters (orange bitters if you have it)
- 2 ounces whiskey or brandy (we’re using brandy)
- 4 ounces lemon lime soda or soda water (We’ll use just a splash of a sugar free option like Bubly or LaCroix for a stronger, less-sweet cocktail, but Sprite 7Up work great!).
- Garnish: 1 cocktail cherry, 1 orange peel.
Directions: In the bottom of a cocktail shaker OR glass, add one orange peel, sugar, bitters and spices. Muddle together gently. Add the bitters, whiskey or brandy, and top with ice, then mix gently (no shaking). Add soda, stir & add to cocktail glass. Top with the second orange peel and a cocktail cherry.
Substitutions: Whiskey makes for a more traditional drink, but we have brandy on hand. You can also use bourbon. A sugar cube can be used in place of the teaspoon of sugar, or you can omit the sugar entirely. To make this fall cocktail recipe virgin, omit the alcohol and add touch of fresh squeezed orange juice.
We are loving these fall cocktails recipes for Vlogtoberfest!
We hope you’ve enjoyed these fall cocktail recipes! Thanks for joining us for our 5th Annual Vlogging event – Vlogtoberfest!
More Cocktails & Recipes from CruiseTipsTV
Carnival Cruise Line Warm Chocolate Melting Cake Recipe
Cocktails: Paloma and Jalapeno Margarita Recipes
Super Easy Appetizers that your friends will LOVE!
Our Wicked Good 3-Ingredient Pina Colada – TRY this!
Want to cruise like a pro?
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our readers on this Intro to Cruising Master Class. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our master class enter code ALLABOARD here, and, welcome to the Academy!
Need a Travel Agent?
Contact Our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations: Let Wendy know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs, and an agent will give you a call back! Phone number is on the website.
Thanks so much for reading! We hope you’ve enjoyed this article and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, and until next time, we’ll see you on the high seas!