My list of tips for beating the winter blues.
In this week’s podcast we talk about tips for beating the winter blues.
Strategies for Beating the Winter Blues. If you live somewhere cold, winter can feel eternal.
- Shop your local produce markets and buy seasonal produce.
- Set a goal to try a new seasonal recipe every week based on those finds.
- Find a winter activity you enjoy outside.
- Create a movie & book list and set a goal to get through it! Hey, it’s a goal!
- Rid your home of junk that doesn’t feel good & donate. One thing we try to do, but we’re not always very good at it, is keep our home “move ready”. Start with konmari.com 6 rules of tidying up – Tidying your belongings in this order – clothes, books, papers, komono and sentimental items – has proven to be the most efficient and effective. In the KonMari Method™, your feelings are the standard for decision making – specifically, knowing what sparks joy. To determine this when tidying, the key is to pick up each object one at a time, and ask yourself quietly, “Does this spark joy?” Pay attention to how your body responds. Joy is personal, so everyone will experience it differently; Marie describes it as “…a little thrill, as if the cells in your body are slowly rising.Through the process of selecting only those things that inspire joy, you can identify precisely what you love – and what you need.
- Separate clothing and shoes into seasonal areas of your closet. Earmark some of it for travel.
- Find ways to volunteer virtually.
- Take day trips, even if it’s just driving. An overnight can do wonders though.
- Start a travel packing list- just a generic one.
- Remember to relax: Yoga and meditation, even in small doses can improve your well being and sleep.
- Get really serious about skincare.
- Treat yourself to some high quality slippers, sleepwear, loungewear and a robe
- Plan a trip for 2022 or late 2021
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- So helpfulNovember 23, 2022 by sandy garrison from United States
Sheri is entertaining and super professional. When I have reached out for specific recommendations for ports she has responded with specific options that work for our family that are kid friendly. Getting first hand recommendations is much better than reading online reviews and much appreciated. Thanks for always taking the high road and sharing the “facts” with us. Keep sharing your family cruise reports, I love to hear about your adventures.
- 15 Ways to Celebrate a Special Occasion on a CruiseNovember 9, 2022 by Chanin Owen from United States
I am new to cruising and have been doing ALL the research for our Norway Cruise on Holland America in August 2023 for a big celebration! I have absolutely LOVED this podcast and have learned so much! Sheri is so upbeat and positive and Mr. Cruise tips tv is very entertaining. When I heard this episode I found we had some things in common. My son's birthday is October 31st too! He just turned 21. And...we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary in June 2023 plus my husband turns 50 that same month! I am so excited to try some of the ideas you mentioned and hoping we have an amazing time! Thank you both for all of the great information. I'm still listening to older podcasts and it is all GREAT!
- Thanks for all of the wonderful, informative, entertaining content!!October 20, 2022 by TXTruckerGirl from United States
I came across one of your YouTube videos while I was doing research trying to decide which cruise to take with my fiancé and his parents. We are now booked on the Carnival Vista 7 day Western Caribbean in late February and are SO EXCITED!! I love your practical, real-life advice on all of the content you produce! You, Mr. CruiseTipsTV, and Junior have a great family dynamic and bring so much to your followers. Much appreciated, Melissa