My list of tips for beating the winter blues.
In this week’s podcast we talk about tips for beating the winter blues.
Strategies for Beating the Winter Blues. If you live somewhere cold, winter can feel eternal.
- Shop your local produce markets and buy seasonal produce.
- Set a goal to try a new seasonal recipe every week based on those finds.
- Find a winter activity you enjoy outside.
- Create a movie & book list and set a goal to get through it! Hey, it’s a goal!
- Rid your home of junk that doesn’t feel good & donate. One thing we try to do, but we’re not always very good at it, is keep our home “move ready”. Start with konmari.com 6 rules of tidying up – Tidying your belongings in this order – clothes, books, papers, komono and sentimental items – has proven to be the most efficient and effective. In the KonMari Method™, your feelings are the standard for decision making – specifically, knowing what sparks joy. To determine this when tidying, the key is to pick up each object one at a time, and ask yourself quietly, “Does this spark joy?” Pay attention to how your body responds. Joy is personal, so everyone will experience it differently; Marie describes it as “…a little thrill, as if the cells in your body are slowly rising.Through the process of selecting only those things that inspire joy, you can identify precisely what you love – and what you need.
- Separate clothing and shoes into seasonal areas of your closet. Earmark some of it for travel.
- Find ways to volunteer virtually.
- Take day trips, even if it’s just driving. An overnight can do wonders though.
- Start a travel packing list- just a generic one.
- Remember to relax: Yoga and meditation, even in small doses can improve your well being and sleep.
- Get really serious about skincare.
- Treat yourself to some high quality slippers, sleepwear, loungewear and a robe
- Plan a trip for 2022 or late 2021
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- Newbie CruiserJune 25, 2022 by Bizymom3kids from United States
I have been a quite admirer(almost said secret but that sounds creepy) for over 3 months now! Sheri you’ve given birth to another child! This newborn cruiser is ready for our first cruise from Galveston on board Carnival Breeze in August, thanks to you and your phenomenal family! I have officially listened to every podcast and watched every video! I feel like an expert cruiser and I have not even walked the gangway yet! I absolutely love your positive and sweet approach to all things! Love you all so much!
- Top of the Line Cruise PodcastJune 21, 2022 by LisaContreras808 from United States
This awesome 5 STAR team creates the best format for information, listening ease, and a positive atmosphere. I learn so much that I am immediately able to use. I find myself revisiting topics as needed, which really enhances my cruise planning. My husband is surprised and pleased with my newfound efficient packing skills! I feel prepared and energized by the pre-cruise experience. Most of all, Sheri, Mr. CruiseTipsTV and Junior are down to earth, inspiring, warm and funny. Thank you so much for sharing yourselves and your experiences with us!
- New To Your PodcastMay 5, 2022 by Brobinson767 from United States
Really enjoy your content as it covers more than one brand! We especially find information on Alaska cruises helpful as we are doing Alaska this summer on Ruby Princess in an aft facing suite! Would love to get more content on Celebrity cruises as we tend to cruise more on Royal and Celebrity. We really don’t like Carnival.