- The world’s newest and largest cruise ship from Royal Caribbean, claims the mantle of world’s most Instagrammable
- First ‘Instagrammer-in-Chief’ hired to help adventure-seekers at sea create truly enviable Instagram shots
- The world’s largest cruise company apologises to Instagram for inevitable influx of ‘ship pics’
LONDON, UK, 5 April 2018 – Royal Caribbean International has today boasted that the world’s newest and largest cruise ship, Symphony of the Seas also takes the title as the world’s most Instagrammable, just ahead of her inaugural sailing.
Symphony of the Seas an architectural marvel thanks to some of the most advanced technology, digital innovation and outstanding features at sea.
Following research that nearly half of Brits (45 per cent) choose a holiday based on the opportunity for social media boasting power, ‘bragalicious’ Instagram content and the ultimate experience for guests’ has been considered at each stage of construction.
Claiming the world’s most Instagrammable ship moniker is a natural next step for Royal Caribbean which, just last month, was identified as the most Instagrammable cruise line in an independent study by SeaHub. The tech-savvy travel brand topped the list of over 1.8 million posts tagging cruise ships around the world.
Whether it’s the attention-grabbing reflective ‘Paradox Void’ art installation overhead in the ship’s Royal Promenade, or the Ultimate Abyss – the tallest slide at sea boasting a ten-storey drop – the opportunity for unrivalled social content begins as soon as guests step onboard.
The most exclusive Instagram opportunity can be captured inside the world’s most interactive and adventurous Ultimate Family Suite. The floor-to-ceiling LEGO wall and indoor slides are just a couple of the new eye-popping features that lend themselves to achieving Instagram fame.
To help guests make the most of these Insta-moments, Royal Caribbean has appointed Russ Francis as the company’s first ‘Instagrammer-in-Chief’ as Symphony takes her first guests on their holidays in the Mediterranean from Barcelona, Spain.
Russ Francis’ Instagram skills were spotted by the company when he entered Royal Caribbean’s search for the first Instagram Intern-Ship at sea in 2017. His new role will be to help inspire guests to do the ship justice through their Instagram content and establish Symphony of the Seas as the world’s most Instagrammable ship.
“For something to be truly Instagrammable it has to be unique enough that people want to show off about it” comments Russ Francis, Royal Caribbean Instagrammer-in-Chief. “It’s so much more than being a pretty setting. Extraordinary Instagram content causes a reaction whether that’s jaws dropping in amazement or mouths watering at the very best dishes, it’s about capturing experiences that ‘wow’ the viewer. Symphony of the Seas ticks every single box making it the world’s most Instagrammable cruise ship.”
Russ has developed his guide to the ten most Insta-worthy moments that will help achieve the Insta-famous goal.
- Ultimate Abyss – The faces of those who have just survived the white-knuckle descents of the tallest slide at sea is not something you want to miss on camera… but can you capture the exhilaration just at the right moment for the perfect Insta shot?
- Central Park – Snap the lush greenery of over 12,000 tropical plants in this serene open-air neighbourhood. Packing this picture with as many beautiful and natural colours as possible will make it stand out on Instagram feeds.
- Ultimate Family Suite – For a shot at the most exclusive onboard content, make friends with the adventure seeking family staying in the Ultimate Family Suite! With 1,346 square foot filled with a plethora of features including an indoor slide, air hockey table and an eye-popping LEGO wall, you can take advantage of the mix of the bold colours and interesting shapes, making it the most brag-worthy content for Instagram.
- Vitality at Sea Spa – The tranquil spa is perfect for an ultra-smug Insta moment in between chilling out and being pampered. ‘Towel selfies’ are very in right now after all.
- Pool and Sports Zone – This part of the ship is teeming with action packed Instagram potential. Simply turn your camera towards one of the three colourful waterslides, two FlowRider ® surf simulators or nine-deck high zip line for adrenaline-fueled shots.
- Paradox Void– Discover an unusual and strangely captivating reflective art installation stretching high above you in the Royal Promenade. Made from 1,200 steel triangles, getting the lighting right here can work magic to the reflective surfaces, adding instant intrigue for your followers.
- AquaTheatre – Head to the aft of the ship to snap the dazzling amphitheatre-style theatre and experience stunning aquatic acrobatics and high-diving aerial performances. This will test your reflexes as you try to capture the live action against an unbeatable ocean backdrop.
- Royal Theatre – With unparalleled entertainment onboard there are umpteen content moments every evening, but for something really special just shimmy your way down to the Royal Theatre for a rendition of “Hairspray” to see if you can capture the excitement of live theatre in just one snap.
- Solarium Big Wonder (art installation) – A one-of-a-kind work of art comprised of thousands of dichroic acrylic elements is the first to be featured in the Solarium, spanning an area of 2,594 square feet and flooding the pool beneath with natural light. The poolside palm trees bathed in this contrast of light and shadow make it a must-capture shot for any serious Instagrammer.
- Hooked – Royal Caribbean’s first New England-style seafood restaurant will feature fresh seafood and a robust raw bar complete with oysters harvested to order. Located at the front of the ship in the adults-only Solarium, the casually sophisticated restaurant will offer expansive views of the open water – the perfect backdrop for a mouth-watering insta-shot.
With the Instagrammer-in-Chief now onboard, Royal Caribbean has apologised to staff at Instagram for the influx of cruise ‘ship pics’ due to be posted on the platform.
Ben Bouldin, Associate Vice President and MD of Royal Caribbean International, commented: “I want to take this chance ahead of the launch of Symphony to apologise to Instagram for the constant posting of extraordinary ‘ship pics’ that will grace screens from now on. We have built Symphony of the Seas to be the jewel in our Instagram crown! The architectural marvel provides the perfect backdrop for her 6,680 guests to capture incredible onboard images that are going to take over Instagram feeds worldwide. Now Symphony of the Seas will claim a title bigger than the world’s largest cruise ship, with the world’s most Instragrammable ship. I guess you could say we’re #SorryNotSorry.”
Symphony of the Seas joins a fleet of 24 of the world’s most innovative and spectacular ships that visit over 250 destinations worldwide.
Symphony of the Seas embarks on her official maiden voyage on 7 April 2018 with a summer season in the Mediterranean calling at ports in Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Provence, France; Florence/Pisa, Rome and Naples, Italy. Symphony of the Seas will span 16 guest decks, encompass more than 230,000 gross registered tons, carry 6,680 guests at double occupancy, and feature 2,774 staterooms. For more information about Symphony of the Seas, please visit www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/our-ships/symphony-of-the-seas/
To celebrate Symphony of the Seas being the world’s most Instagrammable ship, Royal Caribbean is launching a competition for all onboard guests to post in their best Instagram shots of the extraordinary ship. Using the hashtag #SymphonyoftheSeas, Russ Francis, the new Instagrammer-in-Chief will judge the best posts. The Instagrammers of the best ship shots will win an onboard treat from a massage in the spa to a bottle of Champagne in their suite.
For more Instagram inspiration, Royal Caribbean’s Instagrammer-in-Chief can be found @russ_francis.