Princess Takes More People to the Great Land than Any Other Cruise Line; Full Season of Los Angeles Round-Trip Sailings Added
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (Nov. 13, 2018) – The cruise line awarded “Best Cruise Line in Alaska”1 unveiled its 2020 Alaska season with cruises and cruisetours, on sale starting November 15. The season features eight ships offering 11 cruise-only itineraries, plus 25 cruisetour itineraries, giving guests the bucket-list opportunity to see the top two attractions in Alaska – Glacier Bay National Park, with up-close glacier viewing and Denali National Park, home to North America’s tallest mountain peak.
Highlights of the 2020 Princess Cruises Alaska season that runs from May through September include:
- Golden Princess debuts a full season of 14-day Inside Passage voyages, sailing round-trip from Los Angeles with a visit to Hubbard Glacier.
- Royal Princess returns as the largest ship sailing in the Gulf of Alaska on the seven-day Voyage of the Glaciers itinerary, along with Grand Princess, Coral Princess, and the return of the intimate Pacific Princess.
- Sister ships Ruby Princess and Emerald Princess, sail on seven-day Inside Passage voyages out of Seattle, and Star Princess sails from San Francisco on 10-day Inside Passage voyages.
- Award-winning enrichment program, North to Alaska, immerses guests on board and ashore in all things Alaska, such as meeting real Alaskans who come on board to share their stories and feasting on fresh Alaska seafood.
- Exclusive Discovery and Animal Planet shore excursions, giving guests opportunities to catch a glimpse of Alaska wildlife, including bears, whales, bald eagles and more.
- With 25 cruisetour itineraries, guests can enjoy a seamless vacation experience by combining a seven-day Voyage of the Glaciers cruise, plus three or more nights in the Alaska wilderness, including scenic rail travel and stays at Princess-owned lodges. New for 2020, Princess offers a 17-night Ultimate Cruisetour, with 10 nights on land that includes two nights at each Princess Wilderness Lodge.
- Only Princess Cruises offers exclusive Direct-to-the-Wilderness rail service between the ship in Whittier and the Denali-area and custom-built wilderness lodges on the doorsteps of legendary national parks.
“I’ve been lucky enough to travel extensively to Alaska for work and for pleasure and the Great Land never ceases to amaze me with its beauty, authentic people and wildlife,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. “Alaska is a must-see destination and our 2020 cruises and cruisetours provide first-timers or repeat visitors so many options to see and discover Alaska. I guarantee they will come back with some of their best lifetime travel experiences and memories.”
Captain’s Circle Savings
Princess Past Guests are eligible for a special promotion when they book early. The special promotion consists of a discount up to $100 per person off the public fare, based on itinerary. This can be combined with launch and group promotions. These discounts do not apply to third or fourth berth guests. Additionally, a reduced deposit is available for Captain’s Circle guests when they book early.
More information about Princess Cruises’ 2020 Alaska season is available by contacting a professional travel advisor, calling 1-800-PRINCESS or by visiting the company’s website at www.princess.com/alaska.