Today we’ll be reviewing Royal Caribbean’s Navigator of the Seas. Navigator of the Seas is sailing year round from Los Angeles’ World Cruise Center with a variety of itineraries. You can choose from 3 night Ensenada, 4-night Catalina & Ensenada, 5-night Cabo San Lucas & Ensenada, or 7 Night Cabo, Vallarta & Mazatlan itineraries.
Let’s talk about what you need to know about Navigator of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas is sailing year round from Los Angeles’ World Cruise Center with a variety of itineraries. You can choose from 3 night Ensenada, 4-night Catalina & Ensenada, 5-night Cabo San Lucas & Ensenada, or 7 Night Cabo, Vallarta & Mazatlan itineraries.
Navigator of the Seas carries 4000 guests and 1200 Crew.
She was fully amplified in 2019. In fact, Royal Caribbean invested $115 million bow to stern amplification with new features including water slides, dining venues, activities and lots more. Many venues & staterooms were updated, but we’ll focus today on the bigger additions & changes.
- Blaster & Riptide, the 2 waterslides that really set this ship apart.
- The Blaster Aqua Coaster is the longest waterslide at sea, and the Triptode is the only headfirst mat racer at sea. Of course, Perfect Day at CocoCay also has headfirst mat racers. The Blaster is over 800 feet long, is a two person raft slide, and extends over the side of the ship.
- Revamped Adventure Ocean & Teen areas.
- This ship features a beautifully enhanced Royal Promenade, with the Bamboo Room, Playmakers Sports Bar, and more.
- Blow Dry Bar in the Royal Promenade, to Dry For
- Playmakers Sports Bar- arcade games, big screen TV’s, table games like pool. They also serve food.
Dining What’s NEW:
- Hooked Seafood
- Jamie’s Italian by Jamie Oliver
- The Lime and Coconut – a 3 level bar with gorgeous, bright colors, a variety of modern seating and excellent views.
- El Loco Fresh
- Johnny Rockets Express- also located on the pool deck
- Showgirl- Past. Present. Future.
- iSkate- Reach for the Stars Ice Show.
- The Living Room & Back Deck
- Flowrider, surf simulator (we prefer bodyboarding)
- RED- A nightclub experience hald in Studio B
What I loved:
The bright colorful additions on the ship- especially the aesthetic of the lime & coconut & the waterslides. There are bright pops of color everywhere- even in Jamie’s Italian- they sprinkled in bright yellow chairs.
This ship is amazing for families!
iSkate, the ice show I caught was exceptional. It started with drones (wish there were more throughout!) and featured top hits from the Greatest Showman & other popular tunes.
Weekend cruisers can have it all! It used to be that weekend getaways on the west coast meant older ships with fewer amenities. No longer!
There is so much to do – from a silent disco to the ice shows theatre shows & waterslides, you’ll never be bored.
The Bamboo room – Tiki Bar vibes, unique cocktails & snacks on the menu make this one of my favorite spots on the ship.
Playmakers Sports Bar on the promenade serves a truffle burger that’s to die for. Just trust me on this one.
The Solarium – with two large hot tubs, a heated pool, a bar and plenty of lounge space, you won’t want to leave this relaxing adults only area.
The helipad. Like many other Royal Caribbean ships, you can access the helipad on Navigator. An excellent spot for sailing in or out of port, taking photos, or just taking in a unique view of the bridge, this spot is not to be missed. Ask a crew member how to access it.
Listen to more CruiseTipsTV Unplugged podcasts here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- Newbie CruiserJune 25, 2022 by Bizymom3kids from United States
I have been a quite admirer(almost said secret but that sounds creepy) for over 3 months now! Sheri you’ve given birth to another child! This newborn cruiser is ready for our first cruise from Galveston on board Carnival Breeze in August, thanks to you and your phenomenal family! I have officially listened to every podcast and watched every video! I feel like an expert cruiser and I have not even walked the gangway yet! I absolutely love your positive and sweet approach to all things! Love you all so much!
- Top of the Line Cruise PodcastJune 21, 2022 by LisaContreras808 from United States
This awesome 5 STAR team creates the best format for information, listening ease, and a positive atmosphere. I learn so much that I am immediately able to use. I find myself revisiting topics as needed, which really enhances my cruise planning. My husband is surprised and pleased with my newfound efficient packing skills! I feel prepared and energized by the pre-cruise experience. Most of all, Sheri, Mr. CruiseTipsTV and Junior are down to earth, inspiring, warm and funny. Thank you so much for sharing yourselves and your experiences with us!
- New To Your PodcastMay 5, 2022 by Brobinson767 from United States
Really enjoy your content as it covers more than one brand! We especially find information on Alaska cruises helpful as we are doing Alaska this summer on Ruby Princess in an aft facing suite! Would love to get more content on Celebrity cruises as we tend to cruise more on Royal and Celebrity. We really don’t like Carnival.