Today we’ll be reviewing Royal Caribbean’s Navigator of the Seas. Navigator of the Seas is sailing year round from Los Angeles’ World Cruise Center with a variety of itineraries. You can choose from 3 night Ensenada, 4-night Catalina & Ensenada, 5-night Cabo San Lucas & Ensenada, or 7 Night Cabo, Vallarta & Mazatlan itineraries.
Let’s talk about what you need to know about Navigator of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas is sailing year round from Los Angeles’ World Cruise Center with a variety of itineraries. You can choose from 3 night Ensenada, 4-night Catalina & Ensenada, 5-night Cabo San Lucas & Ensenada, or 7 Night Cabo, Vallarta & Mazatlan itineraries.
Navigator of the Seas carries 4000 guests and 1200 Crew.
She was fully amplified in 2019. In fact, Royal Caribbean invested $115 million bow to stern amplification with new features including water slides, dining venues, activities and lots more. Many venues & staterooms were updated, but we’ll focus today on the bigger additions & changes.
- Blaster & Riptide, the 2 waterslides that really set this ship apart.
- The Blaster Aqua Coaster is the longest waterslide at sea, and the Triptode is the only headfirst mat racer at sea. Of course, Perfect Day at CocoCay also has headfirst mat racers. The Blaster is over 800 feet long, is a two person raft slide, and extends over the side of the ship.
- Revamped Adventure Ocean & Teen areas.
- This ship features a beautifully enhanced Royal Promenade, with the Bamboo Room, Playmakers Sports Bar, and more.
- Blow Dry Bar in the Royal Promenade, to Dry For
- Playmakers Sports Bar- arcade games, big screen TV’s, table games like pool. They also serve food.
Dining What’s NEW:
- Hooked Seafood
- Jamie’s Italian by Jamie Oliver
- The Lime and Coconut – a 3 level bar with gorgeous, bright colors, a variety of modern seating and excellent views.
- El Loco Fresh
- Johnny Rockets Express- also located on the pool deck
- Showgirl- Past. Present. Future.
- iSkate- Reach for the Stars Ice Show.
- The Living Room & Back Deck
- Flowrider, surf simulator (we prefer bodyboarding)
- RED- A nightclub experience hald in Studio B
What I loved:
The bright colorful additions on the ship- especially the aesthetic of the lime & coconut & the waterslides. There are bright pops of color everywhere- even in Jamie’s Italian- they sprinkled in bright yellow chairs.
This ship is amazing for families!
iSkate, the ice show I caught was exceptional. It started with drones (wish there were more throughout!) and featured top hits from the Greatest Showman & other popular tunes.
Weekend cruisers can have it all! It used to be that weekend getaways on the west coast meant older ships with fewer amenities. No longer!
There is so much to do – from a silent disco to the ice shows theatre shows & waterslides, you’ll never be bored.
The Bamboo room – Tiki Bar vibes, unique cocktails & snacks on the menu make this one of my favorite spots on the ship.
Playmakers Sports Bar on the promenade serves a truffle burger that’s to die for. Just trust me on this one.
The Solarium – with two large hot tubs, a heated pool, a bar and plenty of lounge space, you won’t want to leave this relaxing adults only area.
The helipad. Like many other Royal Caribbean ships, you can access the helipad on Navigator. An excellent spot for sailing in or out of port, taking photos, or just taking in a unique view of the bridge, this spot is not to be missed. Ask a crew member how to access it.
Listen to more CruiseTipsTV Unplugged podcasts here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- So helpfulNovember 23, 2022 by sandy garrison from United States
Sheri is entertaining and super professional. When I have reached out for specific recommendations for ports she has responded with specific options that work for our family that are kid friendly. Getting first hand recommendations is much better than reading online reviews and much appreciated. Thanks for always taking the high road and sharing the “facts” with us. Keep sharing your family cruise reports, I love to hear about your adventures.
- 15 Ways to Celebrate a Special Occasion on a CruiseNovember 9, 2022 by Chanin Owen from United States
I am new to cruising and have been doing ALL the research for our Norway Cruise on Holland America in August 2023 for a big celebration! I have absolutely LOVED this podcast and have learned so much! Sheri is so upbeat and positive and Mr. Cruise tips tv is very entertaining. When I heard this episode I found we had some things in common. My son's birthday is October 31st too! He just turned 21. And...we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary in June 2023 plus my husband turns 50 that same month! I am so excited to try some of the ideas you mentioned and hoping we have an amazing time! Thank you both for all of the great information. I'm still listening to older podcasts and it is all GREAT!
- Thanks for all of the wonderful, informative, entertaining content!!October 20, 2022 by TXTruckerGirl from United States
I came across one of your YouTube videos while I was doing research trying to decide which cruise to take with my fiancé and his parents. We are now booked on the Carnival Vista 7 day Western Caribbean in late February and are SO EXCITED!! I love your practical, real-life advice on all of the content you produce! You, Mr. CruiseTipsTV, and Junior have a great family dynamic and bring so much to your followers. Much appreciated, Melissa