MSC CRUISES UNVEILS BIGGEST AND MOST EXCITING FAMILY OFFERING ON THE REVOLUTIONARY MSC WORLD EUROPA
- MSC Cruises’ largest ever kids’ area spans over 8,245 square feet across seven distinct spaces
- New activities and facilities for all ages will enrich MSC Cruises’ award-winning family offerings onboard
- Ship will have more than 100 hours of live entertainment per cruise, including high-tech games, LEGO®adventures and much more
Geneva, Switzerland – June 28, 2022 – MSC Cruises’ upcoming MSC World Europa will offer more space and activities for families than ever before. The cruise line revealed plans today for entertaining all ages onboard its most innovative, environmentally advanced, and exciting new flagship to date, which is set to enter service in December 2022.
As a family-owned company, MSC Cruises is known for its award-winning family offerings, delivering an unforgettable cruise experience for kids of all ages and their families. MSC World Europa is set to take those offerings to the next level with an incredible list of new features.
Matteo Mancini, Kids’ Entertainment Manager, said: “We have invested heavily in the entertainment offerings for our younger guests, and we know they value the latest technology, trends and experiences. We have worked to introduce real innovations in both the design of the facilities as well as the development of an incredible program of activities, all carefully planned to ensure that the differing needs of all age groups are met – from our youngest guests to teenagers.
More than 350,000 young people have travelled with us over the years, and we have listened to their feedback. MSC World Europa reflects these learnings and we have been inspired to create experiences that blend technology and social media with activity and sport to create fresh and new entertainment for the kids who sail with us.”
MSC World Europa will feature the largest, most action-packed kids’ area in MSC Cruises’ fleet, spanning 8,245 square feet and offering seven distinct spaces dedicated to age groups spanning 0 to 17 years old.
The Kids’ Clubs are organized by age group:
- For infants and toddlers: Baby Club (0 – 2 years), cared for by specially trained crew members
- For younger kids: Mini Club and Juniors Club (3 – 11 years)
- For older kids: Young Club and Teen Club (12 – 17 years), including the brand-new TEENS LAB, a totally immersive, tech-filled, modern room just for teens
MSC Cruises offers a range of services for babies and young children including the Mini-Club for children under 3 as well as a dedicated childcare service, giving parents the freedom to enjoy the ship, safe in the knowledge that their children are being cared for by dedicated and highly trained staff. Many of these services are offered in collaboration with Chicco® – the leading global baby brand and a long-term MSC Cruises partner.
Brand-new activities waiting to be discovered include:
- LEGO® CELEBRATION ROOM: The long-standing partnership between LEGO Group and MSC Cruises continues to surprise fans with a new room celebrating LEGO® “90 years of Play,” designed to thrill kids of all ages.
- HIGH-TECH ACTIVITIES: Pushing the boundaries of kids’ entertainment, MSC Cruises has developed exciting new activities blending games with high-tech features to create moments of pure pleasure. In the Juniors, Young and Teens clubs, guests will have access to more than 20 of the latest consoles, 7 VR stations and more than 50 videogames.
- 3,2,1 KNOCK: This never-before-seen gameshow for the whole family is inspired by the challenges and colors of Asian entertainment: K-pop, Japanese games and tests that will leave the audience breathless.
- BEAT THE MUSIC: The whole family will be the star of an interactive digital game show suitable for all ages and dedicated to music. For the first time on an MSC Cruises ship, guests will be able to play the game through a dedicated app. During this battle, parents work to identify the latest music their kids are listening to, while kids work to name the classics their parents love most.
- Z ACTIVE: This new and exciting sports program for kids and teens includes football, basketball, zorb ball and, for the first time on board, pickleball and hoverboards.
- DRONE ACADEMY 2.0: This high-tech and high-energy drone relay race requires navigating 15 obstacles as quickly as possible. New POV cameras, VR and glow effects bring the whole experience to life.
Popular favorites will also be returning to MSC World Europa:
- CABIN 12006 – THE EXPERIENCE: More than a cabin, Cabin 12006 is a live entertainment experience with seven activities, including a family game show and a casting session with performances. The web series, with over four million views and two million interactions on the web, has been written and shot in collaboration with Viacom, the media group behind kids’ channel Nickelodeon, to develop original, authentic, high-quality web content for kids.
- MSC DANCE CREW: Developed in partnership with Fremantle, the production company behind globally successful TV talent shows like Idols, The X Factor and Got Talent series, this competition experience sees teams of 10- to 17-year-olds battling it out to win the title of dance crew of the year.
- LEGO® EXPERIENCE ON BOARD: With a wide range of LEGO® bricks and toys on board, kids can express their creativity whenever and wherever they want. At the end of the LEGO® EXPERIENCE ON BOARD, each child will receive a diploma certifying that he or she is now a Junior LEGO® Master Builder.
- MSC FOUNDATION JUNIOR AMBASSADORS: Thanks to the MSC Foundation, the MSC Group is committed to providing young guests on board the tools to participate in bettering the Environment (marine conservation), Education, and Community Support. As Junior Ambassadors of the Foundation, kids become voices for the right to live in a better world.
For more information on MSC World Europa, visit here.
To watch DOREMILAND, THE DOCUMENTARY, click here.
About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises is the world’s third largest cruise brand as well as the leader in Europe, South America, the Gulf region and Southern Africa, with more market share in addition to deployed capacity than any other player. It is also the fastest growing global cruise brand with a strong presence in the Caribbean, North America and the Far East markets.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, MSC Cruises is one of the two brands that sit within the Cruises Division of MSC Group, the leading privately held Swiss-based shipping and logistics conglomerate with over 300 years of maritime heritage. MSC Cruises – the contemporary brand – has a modern fleet of 19 vessels combined with a sizeable future global investment portfolio of new vessels. The fleet is projected to grow to 23 cruise ships by 2025, with options for six more vessel orders in place through 2030.
MSC Cruises offers its guests an enriching, immersive and safe cruise experience inspired by the Company’s European heritage, where they can enjoy international dining, world-class entertainment, award-winning family programs, and the very latest user-friendly technology on board. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ itineraries and experience on board its ships, click here.
The Company’s number one priority has always been the health and safety of its guests and crew, as well as the communities at the destinations its ships serve. In August 2020, MSC Cruises implemented a new comprehensive and robust health and safety protocol to become the first major line to return to sea. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ health & safety protocol, click here.
MSC Cruises has long been committed to environmental stewardship, with a long-term goal to achieve net zero emissions for its operations by 2050. The Company is also a significant investor in next-generation environmental marine technologies, with the objective to support their accelerated development and availability industry-wide. To learn more about the Company’s environmental commitment, click here.
Finally, to learn more about the MSC Foundation, MSC Group’s own vehicle to lead, focus and advance its conservation, humanitarian and cultural commitments, click here.
See more from MSC Cruises here.
Looking for the latest cruise news?
We constantly scour the press release sites of all major cruise brands, including AIDA, Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Costa, Cunard, Disney Cruises, Holland America Cruises, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Seabourn, Silversea, UnCruise Adventures, Virgin Voyages, Windstar, and more.
We make it easy for you to find out what your favorite cruise line is up to. Just click the Cruise News link at the top of the page for the latest news on all lines, or use the links above to find news about the cruise line of your choice.