MSC SEASHORE WELCOMES FIRST GUESTS FOR HER INAUGURAL VOYAGE IN THE MEDITERRANEAN
- MSC Cruises’ most innovative ship to-date brings guests closer to the sea offering with striking design features and generous outdoor spaces
- Guests will enjoy a wealth of new onboard experiences including the newly designed Chef’s Court and a stunning new entertainment venue Le Cabaret Rouge
- MSC Seashore cruise in the Caribbean from Miami, U.S. starting November 20, 2021
Geneva, Switzerland – (August 9, 2021) – MSC Seashore has welcomed her first guests as MSC Cruises’ most innovative next-generation ship to-date and the 19th ship to join the line’s fleet, becoming its newest flagship.
Embarking guests in Barcelona, Spain, Marseille, France and Genoa, Italy on Friday, Saturday and Sunday respectively, more guests will be welcomed on board the first Seaside EVO ship today in Naples, Italy as part of her inaugural seven-night western Mediterranean itinerary. MSC Seashore will then call Messina in Sicily, for Taormina and Mount Etna, then on to Valetta in Malta, and then Barcelona, Marseille and back to Genoa. Discover the new ship here.
Following her summer season in the western Mediterranean, MSC Seashore will complete an 18-night transatlantic Grand Voyage cruise to Miami, where she will become MSC Cruises’ newest ship to cruise from the U.S. For more details on the Grand Voyage, see here.
Once arrived to her new homeport in Miami, MSC Seashore will offer seven-night cruises to The Bahamas and Caribbean with two different itineraries. The first, in the West Caribbean, calls Ocho Rios in Jamaica, George Town in the Cayman Islands, Cozumel in Mexico. The second, in the East Caribbean calls San Juan in Puerto Rico, Charlotte Amalie on the island of St Thomas, Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic.
A highlight of every cruise on MSC Seashore is a call at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, MSC Cruises’ new private island in The Bahamas. Surrounded by 64 square miles of marine reserve, Ocean Cay offers guests a unique opportunity to enjoy the island’s natural beauty, discover local marine life and soak up the spirit of The Bahamas. With MSC Seashore docking at the island from early morning into the evening — and in some instances overnight — MSC Cruises’ guests can spend a full day enjoying two miles of pristine, white sand beaches and a variety of ocean discovery activities including stand up paddle boarding, kayaking, thrilling wave runner rides and more.
Some of the key highlights of MSC Cruises’ newest flagship include:
- Next-generation environmental technology to minimize the ship’s environmental footprint and ensuring even cleaner air emissions
- Cutting-edge air sanitation technology, Safe Air, developed by Fincantieri featuring UV-C lamps to eliminate viruses and bacteria to guarantee clean and safe air on board
- Nearly 140,000 sq. ft. of outdoor space with a wide choice of outdoor bars and dining, pools and deck area for relaxing and sunbathing
- Six stunning swimming pools with enlarged poolside areas including a spectacular new Infinity Pool, two new Infinity Whirlpools and a new VR waterslide in the aquapark
- An expansive 1,772 sq. ft. waterfront promenade close to the water, ideal for grabbing a drink and al fresco dining or simply taking a stroll to enjoy the fresh sea air
- 11 different types of staterooms and suites with balconies including the coveted aft suits, 50 terraced suites with extended balconies offering up to 161 sq. ft. of private terrace and 32 different suites with outdoor private whirlpools
- The largest most luxurious MSC Yacht Club with an enhanced and extended pool area and sundeck offering 21,528 sq. ft. of space
- A sublime creation, Danza del Mare: a work of art realized by VENINI, a point of excellence of Made in Italy, known the world over for the artistic and cultural excellence of its design works.
- Danza del Mare has been created for the MSC Foundation – a symbol of the MSC Foundation’s efforts to protect the Sea.
- A gastronomic adventure with 18 bars and lounges, including 12 indoor and six outdoor venues, five specialty restaurants and four main dining restaurants
- The re-designed Chef’s Court on deck 8 – the go-to destination for eating and drinking, with a choice of five specialty restaurants and two bars, including a new alfresco dining area for the Butcher’s Cut
- Award-winning family activities and facilities with 98 hours of live entertainment for kids of all ages on each and every cruise
- A brand-new aft lounge, Le Cabaret Rouge, with original live entertainment every night
Find out more about MSC Seashore here
For more information for media visit www.mscpressarea.com/en_US
MSC Cruises is the world’s third largest cruise brand as well as the leader in Europe, South America, the Gulf region and Southern Africa with more market share in addition to deployed capacity than any other player. It is also the fastest growing global cruise brand with a strong presence in the Caribbean, North America and the Far East markets.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, MSC Cruises one of the two brands that sit within the Cruises Division of MSC Group, the leading privately held Swiss-based shipping and logistics conglomerate with over 300 years of maritime heritage. MSC Cruises — the contemporary brand — has a modern fleet of 19 vessels combined with a sizeable future global investment portfolio of new vessels. The fleet is projected to grow to 23 cruise ships by 2025 with options for six vessel orders in place through 2030.
MSC Cruises offers its guests an enriching, immersive and safe cruise experience inspired by the Company’s European heritage, where they can enjoy international dining, world-class entertainment, award-winning family programs and the very latest user-friendly technology on board. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ itineraries and experience on board its ships please see here.
The Company’s number one priority has always been the health and safety of its guests and crew, as well as the communities at the destinations its ships serve. In August 2020, MSC Cruises implemented a new comprehensive and robust health and safety protocol to become the first major line to return to sea. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ health & safety protocol please see here.
MSC Cruises has long been committed to environmental stewardship with a long-term goal to achieve zero emissions for its operations. The Company is also a significant investor in next-generation environmental marine technologies, with the objective to support their accelerated development and availability industry wide. To learn more about the Company’s environmental commitment please see here.
Finally, to learn more about the MSC Foundation, MSC Group’s own vehicle to lead, focus and advance its conservation, humanitarian and cultural commitments please see here.
See more from MSC Cruises here.
Looking for the latest cruise news?
We constantly scour the press release sites of all major cruise brands including: AIDA, Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Costa, Cunard, Disney Cruises, Holland America Cruises, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Seabourn, Silversea, UnCruise Adventures, Virgin Voyages, Windstar, and more.
We make it easy for you to find out what your favorite cruise line is up to. Just click the Cruise News link at the top of the page for the latest news on all lines, or use the links above to find news about the cruise line of your choice.