A WORLD OF DISCOVERY AWAITS AS MSC CRUISES OFFERS THE MOST EXTENSIVE CHOICE OF SHORE EXCURSIONS FOR SUMMER 2022
- Choose from nearly 1,400 different shore excursions across the world during Summer 2022 season – the most ever offered by the line
- MSC’s PROTECTOURS, the line’s sustainability tour program, returns this summer, plus electric and hybrid shore transportation will be introduced in more than 10 cities
- Guests benefit from up to 20% discount by booking an MSC Shore Excursion in advance before departure
Geneva, Switzerland—April 7, 2022—MSC Cruises revealed today that there are over 1,390 shore excursions available to book for guests sailing this summer season – the most the cruise line has ever offered.
The extensive program includes something for every kind of traveler, including families with young children, solo travelers, and those wanting to check off spectacular bucket list experiences. With options that include extended stays ashore or shorter half-day highlights, guests can choose the right excursion to meet their needs.
Guests will resume being able to explore ashore by themselves in all destinations, subject to the regulations of local authorities. To really make the most of an MSC Cruises vacation, guests can plan excursions ahead of time and benefit from a discount of up to 20 percent when booking them before departure. Pre-booking not only guarantees a space on the most popular tours, but also guarantees entry to some of the world’s most popular attractions which may not have walk-up ticket availability.
Guests can also opt for the Explorer Package, which offers a choice of three top excursions at a great price and is available pre-cruise and onboard.
Marialuisa Iaccarino, Head of Shore Excursions, MSC Cruises said: “We are dedicated to offering an outstanding range of high-quality shore excursions to guests, so we’re proud to be offering guests the widest range ever this summer.
Shore excursions give guests the freedom to make the most of every moment ashore during their holiday – to take in local cultures, taste local flavors, and see local landmarks. Everyone is looking for something that interests them, and this is why it is so important that there’s an excellent variety to choose from, so there’s something perfect for everyone.
Guests can expect quality and value, comfort and convenience, as well as the ultimate peace of mind when they choose to book an excursion with us.”
Included in the extensive range of MSC Shore Excursions for 2022 are PROTECTOURS – first introduced by the line in 2020 and designed to give guests original insights into nature and wildlife while preserving their surrounding environment and earth’s natural beauty. Almost 70% of PROTECTOURS include low-impact transportation – such as walking, cycling or kayaking – and many make a direct contribution to the environment by supporting species or habitat protection.
In line with its commitment to help protect the environment, MSC Cruises will introduce electric and hybrid transportation in more than ten European cities this year.
On top of this, the range of MSC BIKE ADVENTOURS bicycle tours has been extended, with 150 planned this summer season. Now available In 21 countries, more guests than ever before can visit must-see destinations with a low carbon footprint.
WHY BOOK AN MSC CRUISES EXCURSION?
Booking an MSC Excursion is the best way to discover every destination totally stress-free:
- QUALITY AND VALUE – Experience the highlights of each destination on meticulously planned excursions, guided by skilled and qualified local tour guides, at great value prices.
- COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE – From transportation to and from the ship, to seeing the sights, MSC Excursions are designed to make exploring as carefree as possible. Simply select the tour and all of the details are taken care of.
- PEACE OF MIND – Guests can relax in the knowledge that all our tours are operated by carefully selected partners, and a dedicated team can answer any questions on the ship throughout the day.
Highlights of the Summer 2022 Shore Excursions Tours Program include:
In the CARIBBEAN, MSC Cruises will offer 200+ shore excursions:
- Savor San Juan’s Culinary Delights (Puerto Rico): This tour through the flavors of Puerto Rico includes plenty of colorful surprise for all taste buds, including the Chocobar Cortés, a chocolatier created in 1929; artisanal gelato; refreshing cocktails; and a visit to La Casita de Rones, the official bar and distributor of Rums of Puerto Rico. Here, guests will experience a lesson on authentic Puerto Rican rum.
- Kohunlich Mayan Ruins (Costa Maya, Mexico): Situated on the Yucatán Peninsula and one of Mexico’s absolute must-sees is the archaeological site of Kohunlich, a terraced city built by the Mayans between A.D. 250 and A.D. 600. Traveling in time, guests will discover a sunken palace, acropolis and other incredible courtyards in this sacred site.
- PROTECTOURS – Nassau Eco-nature walking tour (The Bahamas): A foray into the luscious flora, fauna and marine life found on stunning Blue Lagoon Island. Guests can explore superb beaches and meet the diverse marine life, including stingrays, sharks, dolphins and sea lions.
Over 20 excursions available on the stunning private OCEAN CAY MSC MARINE RESERVE (The Bahamas):
- Shipwreck snorkeling getaway: Guided by professional snorkel instructors, guests can experience colorful and exotic marine life in one of the best snorkel sites in the area.
- Ocean Cay Beach Cabana: for a maximum of 6 guests, this all-day rental is the ultimate relaxation with the comfort of guests’ very own cabana, perfect for enjoying sunbathing and sea.
- Ocean Cay lighthouse climb: Ascend the island’s iconic lighthouse and take in 360-degree views of the island, nearby cays, Lighthouse Bay and, of course, the cruise ship. Guests will journey up three levels and 165 steps to the top of the lighthouse, reaching the highest point on the cay. Along the way, the guide will share insightful facts and figures on the incredible transformation of Ocean Cay from an industrial site to Bahamian paradise.
Combined WEST and EAST MEDITERRANEAN shore excursions offer 540+ different experiences:
- Valletta (Malta) Gozo Island by boat and Jeep: Guests will head out on a breath-taking scenic tour of Sliema’s urbanised coastline, caves and breath-taking island views of the crystal-clear waters of the beautiful Blue Lagoon. Explore Gozo’s unspoiled scenery and key landmarks by jeep including the amazing cliffs at Sanap, the quaint Xlendi Bay, and the saltwater lagoon known as the Inland Sea.
- Messina (Italy) – Mount Etna and Taormina: Guests visit this natural phenomenon and the nearby town of Taormina. Exploring through the town of Zafferana Etnea, they will catch memorable views of the mountain and the sea.
- Monfalcone (Italy) St Mark’s Square, Rialto Bridge & Panoramic cruise: Start with a ride to Venice on a comfortable coach before being whisked into the historic center on a panoramic trip by private boat. This beautiful tour lets guests explore Venice, including world-famous St. Mark’s square, the bridge of Sighs, lovely views of the Grand Canal, and much more. Free time to explore is planned into the tour to make the most of the experience.
- Massada (Israel) and the Dead Sea: For guests looking for a completely relaxed experience, this tour offers a great day out exploring the historic city of Massada with the unique chance to bathe in the relaxing mineral-enriched waters of the Dead Sea.
- PROTECTOURS – Olympia’s (Greece) secrets of sustainable living: Learn about sustainable agriculture, natural olive oils and soaps on a charming organic farm near Olympia, ending with a typical family celebration meal.
Across the British Isles, Baltic states, Icelandic and Greenlandic cruises to the intemporal Fjords cruises,NORTHERN EUROPE will offer 630+ shore excursions including:
- Norwegian waterfalls and dramatic scenery by train (Norway): From the Nærøy valley, the tour will stop at the Tvindefossen waterfalls, a twin cascade of two fabulous falls, followed by a train ride through a range of stunning natural landscapes. After reaching Myrdal – nearly 3,000 feet above sea level – guests will continue down the breathtaking Flåm valley, travelling on the world famous Flåm Line.
- Le Havre – PARIS SIGHTSEEING TOUR (France): Guests won’t want to miss the opportunity to see some of the major sights of France’s magnificent capital city and find out why Paris is known worldwide for its elegance and grandeur.
- PROTECTOURS – Helsinki (Finland) Centre design walk and upcycling workshop: Guests walk through Helsinki’s most beautiful sights on a visit to the Design District, where guests can make their own upcycling eco-creations while experiencing the EDEL City, a pioneer in ethical and ecological luxury goods.
About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises is the world’s third-largest cruise brand as well as the leader in Europe, South America, the Gulf region and Southern Africa, with more market share in addition to deployed capacity than any other player. It is also the fastest-growing global cruise brand with a strong presence in the Caribbean, North America and the Far East markets.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, MSC Cruises is one of the two brands that sit within the Cruises Division of MSC Group, the leading privately held Swiss-based shipping and logistics conglomerate with over 300 years of maritime heritage. MSC Cruises – the contemporary brand – has a modern fleet of 19 vessels combined with a sizeable future global investment portfolio of new vessels. The fleet is projected to grow to 23 cruise ships by 2025, with options for six more vessel orders in place through 2030.
MSC Cruises offers its guests an enriching, immersive and safe cruise experience inspired by the Company’s European heritage, where they can enjoy international dining, world-class entertainment, award-winning family programs, and the very latest user-friendly technology on board. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ itineraries and experience on board its ships, click here.
The Company’s number one priority has always been the health and safety of its guests and crew, as well as the communities at the destinations its ships serve. In August 2020, MSC Cruises implemented a new comprehensive and robust health and safety protocol to become the first major line to return to sea. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ health & safety protocol, click here.
MSC Cruises has long been committed to environmental stewardship, with a long-term goal to achieve net zero emissions for its operations by 2050. The Company is also a significant investor in next-generation environmental marine technologies, with the objective to support their accelerated development and availability industry-wide. To learn more about the Company’s environmental commitment, click here.
Finally, to learn more about the MSC Foundation, MSC Group’s own vehicle to lead, focus and advance its conservation, humanitarian and cultural commitments, click here.
See more from MSC Cruises here.
Looking for the latest cruise news?
We constantly scour the press release sites of all major cruise brands including AIDA, Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Costa, Cunard, Disney Cruises, Holland America Cruises, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Seabourn, Silversea, UnCruise Adventures, Virgin Voyages, Windstar, and more.
We make it easy for you to find out what your favorite cruise line is up to. Just click the Cruise News link at the top of the page for the latest news on all lines, or use the links above to find news about the cruise line of your choice.