MSC MERAVIGLIA EMBARKS ON NEW ITINERARIES TO BERMUDA, CANADA AND NEW ENGLAND JUST IN TIME FOR CHANGING OF THE SEASONS
- 5- and 6-night itineraries to Bermuda begin August 21
- 10- and 11-night itineraries to Canada and New England begin September 24
- MSC Cruises to sail to 25 ports from the U.S. this fall
Fort Lauderdale, Fla. – August 21, 2023 – Autumn is right around the corner, and MSC Meraviglia is changing course to chase the shifting winds and falling leaves. Today MSC Cruises’ New York-based ship departed on its first sailing to Bermuda, with voyages to Canada and New England to follow next month. Coming off a successful first season homeporting in New York City with sailings to the Bahamas and Florida, these new itineraries will take MSC Meraviglia, the ship for all seasons, to regions renowned for historic architecture, scenic landscapes and leaf-peeping.
Starting today, guests can embark on sailings featuring an extended call in Bermuda. These itineraries include several nights with MSC Meraviglia docked at Heritage Wharf too allow guests ample time to explore the island’s gorgeous pink sand beaches and enjoy excursions like water skiing, windsurfing and bicycling.
On September 24, MSC Meraviglia’s first sailing to Canada and New England will depart from New York City, just in time for guests to watch the changing of the seasons in some of the most sought-after autumn destinations. Vacationers looking for a longer trip that provides the best of both worlds can sail to Bermuda, Canada and New England starting September 18 with a combined 16-night itinerary.
Rubén A. Rodríguez, President, MSC Cruises USA, said: “We launched sailings from New York to give our guests and travel advisors more options, and it’s exciting to see these itineraries come to life onboard the award-winning MSC Meraviglia. These new sailings are an important growth milestone for us in the North American market and provide a unique cruising experience for guests who want to explore new destinations. Fall is the perfect time to visit the shores of the Northeast or get away to the beaches of Bermuda, and MSC Meraviglia is the perfect ship to sail through the seasons with its abundance of indoor and outdoor entertainment options.”
The Canada and New England itineraries feature picturesque ports, world-famous historical sites and vibrant autumn leaves. Shore excursions in each port include:
- New York City: Visiting the city that never sleeps will provide guests with endless unforgettable experiences from seeing the iconic Empire State Building to marveling at world-class museums and enjoying a relaxing stroll in Central Park, all complemented by the fantastic fall foliage.
- Newport: This stunning waterfront town in Rhode Island offers unparalleled views of the beautiful rocky shoreline surrounding a beautiful bay, along with iconic mansions and architecture.
- Boston: This historic city blends rich culture with modern touches, from the famous Freedom Trail lined with historic landmarks to cutting-edge architecture. Guests can revel in the beauty of the city or visit Fenway Park, the oldest stadium in Major League Baseball.
- Portland: Known for its wealth of cultural attractions and natural beauty, enchanting lighthouses and fresh seafood await guests looking to immerse themselves in New England culture. The Portland Museum of Art boasts an impressive collection and the Old Port District offers stunning views to be enjoyed while tasting a world-famous Maine lobster roll.
- New Brunswick: Home to the historic port city of Saint John, New Brunswick is full of outdoor adventures with striking coastlines and lush forests full of wildlife including moose, whales and seals. Whether guests are looking for a relaxing walk through nature or a stroll through city streets, New Brunswick offers it all.
- Nova Scotia: Full of iconic spots and charming beaches, Nova Scotia is a captivating destination that showcases Canada’s natural beauty. Halifax, the seaside capital city, features outstanding restaurants and cultural activities that will immerse visitors in Canada’s charming fishing villages. Sydney, the largest urban center in the region with a past linked to mining, offers attractions related to the area’s Scottish heritage.
- Charlottetown: Colonial architecture and elegant Victorian-style buildings await guests sailing into Charlottetown, the capital of Prince Edward Island. From passing through the most iconic places in the city to enjoying the view across the sea to Fort Amherst, there is an abundance of sights to be seen on this celebrated island.
For travelers looking for a shorter getaway this fall, sailings to Bermuda will offer guests the opportunity to sail to one of the world’s most distinctive island destinations and enjoy several days in port. After arriving in Kings Wharf, guests can participate in activities including snorkeling, island tours and golf, or relax on the island’s beautiful beaches.
Whether heading to beautiful Bermuda beaches or the stunning New England coast this fall, guests will enjoy sailing on MSC Meraviglia, known as “The Ship for All Seasons.” With expansive outdoor public spaces and a pool deck with a roof that opens and closes depending on the weather, the ship offers modern amenities that can be adjusted based on the destination. While onboard, guests will enjoy 20 bars and 12 restaurants; seven different shows in the Broadway Theatre and Carousel Lounge; treatments in the relaxing Aurea Spa; and indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs, all part of the unparalleled MSC Cruises experience.
To learn more about MSC Cruises’ Bermuda and Canada & New England sailings, click here.
About MSC Meraviglia
At 1,036 feet long and 213 feet tall, with an impressive 19 decks and capacity of more than 5,700 guests, MSC Meraviglia is a vacation destination in its own right—packed with innovative features to provide an unforgettable experience, including:
- 10 different types of staterooms to choose from, including solo cabins, popular balcony cabins, and stylish suite accommodations in the MSC Yacht Club – the premium ‘ship within a ship’ featuring butler service, along with an exclusive restaurant, lounge, and pool area.
- Galleria Meraviglia, a promenade lined with shops, restaurants and bars that stretches more than 315 feet and is lined with an impressive LED sky screen.
- 20 bars and 12 restaurants, including the popular Butcher’s Cut steakhouse, Ocean Cay, HOLA! Tacos and Cantina, and Kaito Sushi and Teppanyaki.
- Indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs, together with one of the most intricate water parks at sea, featuring three twisting slides and an intricate ropes course—the Himalayan Bridge.
- Seven different shows in the 985-seat Broadway Theatre and the famous Carousel Lounge.
- The extensive MSC Aurea Spa, providing massage therapy, body treatments, facial treatments, and a dedicated thermal area.
- The 6,000 square-foot gym featuring state-of-the-art equipment from Technogym™ framed with floor-to-ceiling glass windows, overlooking the main pool deck.
- Entertainment area including the MSC Formula Racer, a full-sized bowling alley with two lanes, an interactive XD cinema, a flight simulator, and a video games arcade.
- Sportsplex with facilities for basketball, tennis, squash, volleyball, Pickle Ball, mini golf and five-a-side soccer.
- MSC Kids’ Club for children 0-17 years old, with dedicated areas for babies, toddlers, children and teenagers, plus the Lego® Experience.
MSC Meraviglia is fitted with innovative technology and solutions to minimize her environmental footprint. These include an exhaust gas cleaning system for cleaner emissions; an advanced wastewater treatment system; smart heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems to recover heat from machinery spaces; and LED lighting and smart devices to significantly save energy. This is part of MSC Cruises’ commitment to provide its guests with the best holiday experiences at sea in a sustainable manner.
To learn more about MSC Meraviglia, click here.
About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises is the world’s third largest cruise brand as well as the market leader in Europe, South America, the Gulf region and Southern Africa. It is also the fastest growing global cruise brand with a strong presence in the Caribbean, North America and the Far East markets.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, MSC Cruises is one of the two brands that sit within the Cruise Division of MSC Group, the world’s leading and privately held shipping and logistics conglomerate with over 300 years of maritime heritage. MSC Cruises – the contemporary brand – has a modern fleet of 22 vessels combined with a sizeable future global investment portfolio of new vessels, terminals and other assets. The fleet is projected to grow to 23 cruise ships by 2025, with options for six more vessel orders in place through 2030.
MSC Cruises offers its guests an enriching, immersive and safe cruise experience inspired by the Company’s European heritage, where they can enjoy international dining, world-class entertainment, award-winning family programs, and the very latest user-friendly technology on board. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ itineraries and experience on board its ships, click here.
The line’s number one priority has always been the health and safety of its guests and crew, as well as the communities at the destinations its ships serve. In August 2020, MSC Cruises implemented a new comprehensive and robust health and safety protocol to become the first major line to return to sea. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ health & safety protocol, click here.
MSC Cruises has long been committed to environmental stewardship, with a long-term goal to achieve net zero emissions for its operations by 2050. The Company is also a significant investor in next-generation environmental marine technologies, with the objective to support their accelerated development and availability industry-wide. To learn more about the Company’s environmental commitment, click here.
Finally, to learn more about the MSC Foundation, MSC Group’s own vehicle to lead, focus and advance its conservation, humanitarian and cultural commitments, click here.
See more from MSC Cruises here.
Looking for the latest cruise news?
We constantly scour the press release sites of all major cruise brands, including AIDA, Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Costa, Cunard, Disney Cruises, Holland America Cruises, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Seabourn, Silversea, UnCruise Adventures, Virgin Voyages, Windstar, and more.
We make it easy for you to find out what your favorite cruise line is up to. Just click the Cruise News link at the top of the page for the latest news on all lines, or use the links above to find news about the cruise line of your choice.