MSC CRUISES OPENS SALES FOR STUNNING ITINERARIES IN JAPAN FOR THE 2023/2024 WINTER SEASON
- MSC Cruises is celebrating 15 years in Japan and the start of MSC Bellissima’s summer season out of Yokohama
- First-ever winter season means guests can now sail year-round in the region with MSC Cruises
- The cruise line now offers the largest capacity of cruise passengers from Japan
Geneva, Switzerland, May 1, 2023 – MSC Cruises hosted a special event on board MSC Bellissima in Yokohama, Japan to mark the start of the 2023 summer season and to celebrate the 15-year anniversary of the line’s presence in the country. Sales have opened today for MSC Cruises’ first ever winter season in Japan, starting in 2023. With cruises now year-round from Japan, MSC Cruises offers the largest cruise capacity in the region, setting the line on track to become the number one cruise line in the country.
The new winter program on MSC Bellissima will commence from November 2023 with an 6-night, 9-night and 11-night cruise from Yokohama. From January to March 2024, MSC Bellissima will homeport in Naha/Okinawa offering guests from around the world the opportunity to experience Japan’s stunning landscapes and beaches, rich cultural heritage, ancient traditions, and modern attractions with multiple destinations – all without having to repack a suitcase.
The Winter 2023 and 2024 season will see MSC Bellissima sailing within Japan and to Keelung, Taiwan (China), offering cruises of 4- to 5- nights, with varying itineraries visiting destinations such as:
- Okinawa, Japan – The fifth largest island of Japan that is known for its balmy tropical climate, expansive beaches, and stunning coral reefs, as well as historical sites.
- Ishigaki, Japan – Another stunning beach destination with incredible snorkeling, diving and surfing sites. Guests can also enjoy Shiraho Reef’s rare blue coral in Iriomote-Ishigaki National Park.
- Keelung, Taiwan (China) – Keelung City is surrounded by inspiring mountains and is home to a bustling waterfront, where street-food stalls at Miaokou Night Market offer traditional snacks and seafood. Several forts surround the area and offer breath-taking views out to sea.
- Miyako Island, Japan – Known for its white sandy beaches and turquoise waters, guests can enjoy the scenery and try local foods, including sweet mangoes, or go out looking for adventure in the many underwater caverns.
This summer, MSC Bellissima is now offering 8- to 9- night summer sailings out of Yokohama, Tokyo – with one-of-a-kind opportunities to discover the beauty of the region. Some itineraries still have availability – for more information visit here.
About MSC Bellissima
MSC Bellissima is the second innovative cruise ship of the company’s Meraviglia class. Designed as the ship for all seasons and rich in onboard features, MSC Bellissima offers guests an unforgettable MSC Cruises experience with highlights including:
- 12 dining venues and more than 20 bars and lounges, guests will be spoiled for choice including a French specialty restaurant L’Atelier Bistrot. The ship will also feature acclaimed pastry chef Jean-Philippe Maury’s Chocolate & Café, dedicated entirely to unique and elegant chocolate creations and desserts and a delight for anyone with a sweet tooth.
- An award-winning family offering with kids’ activities and services from partners LEGO Group and Chicco with a dedicated family deck area.
- Exclusive shows in the intimate state-of-the art venue: The Carousel Lounge combining awe-inspiring acrobatics, dance and music all to create multi-sensory entertainment experience with light, sound and dazzling acrobatic performances.
- The MSC Yacht Club with luxurious accommodations spanning three decks, private facilities, and butler service round-the-clock.
- A spectacular LED Sky Screen at Sea at 262 feet long encompassing a stunning 315-foot-long Mediterranean-style promenade, designed to become the social hub of the ship.
- Comfortable and innovative accommodations to meet every need demonstrating the way that MSC Cruises puts the guest at the heart of its designs and ship building and with 10 different types of cabins to choose from, there really is something for everyone.
To find out more about MSC Cruises’ Winter 23/24 Japan sailings visit here.
To learn more about MSC Bellissima visit here.
About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises is the world’s third largest cruise brand as well as the market leader in Europe, South America, the Gulf region and Southern Africa. It is also the fastest growing global cruise brand with a strong presence in the Caribbean, North America and the Far East markets.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, MSC Cruises is one of the two brands that sit within the Cruise Division of MSC Group, the world’s leading and privately held shipping and logistics conglomerate with over 300 years of maritime heritage. MSC Cruises – the contemporary brand – has a modern fleet of 21 vessels combined with a sizeable future global investment portfolio of new vessels, terminals and other assets. The fleet is projected to grow to 23 cruise ships by 2025, with options for six more vessel orders in place through 2030.
MSC Cruises offers its guests an enriching, immersive and safe cruise experience inspired by the Company’s European heritage, where they can enjoy international dining, world-class entertainment, award-winning family programs, and the very latest user-friendly technology on board. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ itineraries and experience on board its ships, click here.
The line’s number one priority has always been the health and safety of its guests and crew, as well as the communities at the destinations its ships serve. In August 2020, MSC Cruises implemented a new comprehensive and robust health and safety protocol to become the first major line to return to sea. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ health & safety protocol, click here.
MSC Cruises has long been committed to environmental stewardship, with a long-term goal to achieve net zero emissions for its operations by 2050. The Company is also a significant investor in next-generation environmental marine technologies, with the objective to support their accelerated development and availability industry-wide. To learn more about the Company’s environmental commitment, click here.
Finally, to learn more about the MSC Foundation, MSC Group’s own vehicle to lead, focus and advance its conservation, humanitarian and cultural commitments, click here.
See more from MSC Cruises here.
Looking for the latest cruise news?
We constantly scour the press release sites of all major cruise brands, including AIDA, Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Costa, Cunard, Disney Cruises, Holland America Cruises, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Seabourn, Silversea, UnCruise Adventures, Virgin Voyages, Windstar, and more.
We make it easy for you to find out what your favorite cruise line is up to. Just click the Cruise News link at the top of the page for the latest news on all lines, or use the links above to find news about the cruise line of your choice.