MSC CRUISES OFFERS THE ULTIMATE VOYAGE OF DISCOVERY WITH AN UNBEATABLE CHOICE OF SHIPS AND DESTINATIONS FOR WINTER 2022-2023
- Two new ships to join the MSC Cruises fleet in 2022 – MSC Seascape offering unmatched Caribbean views, along with MSC World Europa enriching the offering in the Gulf region
- 21 modern ships sailing to more than 190 of the world’s most sought-after destinations across 85 different countries
- MSC Cruises is the third largest and fastest-growing cruise brand – offering an extensive choice of itineraries ranging from mini-cruises and 7-night sailings to longer cruises and the 118-night World Cruise 2023
Geneva, Switzerland – February 3, 2022– MSC Cruises today revealed its plans for Winter 2022/2023 with an incredible choice of 21 modern, elegant ships sailing to more than 190 of the world’s most sought-after destinations and visiting 85 different countries. With everything from mini-cruises to a 118-night World Cruise spanning the Middle East, Caribbean, Mediterranean, Northern Europe, South America and South Africa, there is truly a ship and itinerary for anyone looking for the perfect winter cruise vacation.
Guests will enjoy around-the-clock entertainment and activities on board each of MSC Cruises’ beautifully designed ships, along with dazzling original theater productions, live music, authentic international dining, award-winning kids and family offerings, luxurious spa and wellness facilities, boutique shopping and much more.
MSC Cruises will launch two new and innovative ships for the upcoming winter season. In the Caribbean, MSC Seascape will sail from Miami for the first time on December 11, 2022. The new ship builds on the innovative Seaside EVO class by offering stunning views of the sea and will further solidify the line’s ongoing commitment to bring its newest and most advanced ships to the U.S. market. MSC Seascape will offer two different 7-night itineraries from PortMiami, enriching MSC Cruises’ already strong offering in the Caribbean.
Rubén Rodríguez, President, MSC Cruises USA, said: “Winter vacations are a great way to escape cold days and grey skies, and MSC Seascape offers the perfect environment for enjoying the Caribbean’s endless sun. We designed this ship to offer our guests more opportunities to get out and enjoy the ocean, and we placed much of the open deck space on lower decks, closer to the water, where our guests want to be.
We’re thrilled to have MSC Seascape join our U.S. fleet, offering unique, immersive vacation options from PortMiami and Port Canaveral with every itinerary stopping at Ocean Cay, where guests can enjoy our beautiful private island and witness first hand our efforts to protect marine environments.”
- MSC Seascape will commence her inaugural season from December 11, 2022, out of PortMiami, offering two different Sunday-Sunday 7-night itineraries:
- Eastern Caribbean calling at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve and Nassau in The Bahamas, San Juan in Puerto Rico, and Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic.
- Western Caribbean calling at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, Cozumel in Mexico, George Town in the Cayman Islands and Ocho Rios in Jamaica.
- MSC Meraviglia will sail from Port Canaveral (Orlando) starting October 13, 2022, offering cruises from 3 to 7 nights to the Caribbean with destinations including Nassau and Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve in the Bahamas, Costa Maya and Cozumel in Mexico and Belize City in Belize.
- MSC Divina will sail from PortMiami (U.S), offering a range of exciting 3- to 10-night itineraries. Each cruise will call at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, along with varying ports including Belize City in Belize, Isla de Roatan in Honduras, Costa Maya in Mexico, Ocho Rios in Jamaica, Cartagena in Colombia, Colon in Panama, and Puerto Limon in Costa Rica.
- MSC Seaside will sail from Fort de France (French Antilles) with 7-night cruises to destinations including Pointe-a-Pitre in Guadeloupe, Castries in Saint Lucia, Bridgetown in Barbados, Saint George in Grenada, and Kingstown in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
Beyond the Caribbean, the much-anticipated MSC World Europa will be the Company’s first LNG-powered vessel, launching a brand-new class of ships that introduces a completely new cruising platform offering guests a completely redefined cruise experience unlike anything at sea today.
MSC World Europa will be based in Doha for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™, after which the ship will offer cruises calling Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sir Bani Yas (United Arab Emirates), Doha (Qatar), and Dammam (Saudi Arabia), starting with a mini-cruise on December 20, 2022, before resuming a regular schedule of 7-night cruises.
- MSC World Europa will offer 7-night sailings from Dubai including Abu Dhabi and the beautiful island Sir Bani Yas (United Arab Emirates), Dammam/Al Ahsa Oasis (Saudi Arabia).
- MSC Opera will also sail from Dubai to Abu Dhabi and Sir Bani Yas, as well as Muscat and Khasab (Oman).
Western Mediterranean highlights for winter 2022-2023 include: Three of the Company’s cruise ships will sail in the Mediterranean Sea, with the opportunity to discover some of the most precious jewels in this iconic cruise region.
- MSC Grandiosa will offer 7-night cruises from Genoa, Civitavecchia and Palermo (Italy), Valetta (Malta), Barcelona (Spain) and Marseille (France).
- MSC Virtuosa will sail from Genoa, La Spezia/Florence and Naples (Italy), Palma de Mallorca and Barcelona (Spain) and Marseille (France).
- MSC Lirica will offer longer cruises for voyages of discovery of 11 nights from Genoa, Civitavecchia, Messina (Italy), Lindos/Rhodes (Greece), Limassol (Cyprus), Haifa (Israel), Heraklion/Crete (Greece), all from Genoa (Italy) or 10-nights from Genoa that calls Marseille (France), Barcelona (Spain), Tangier and Casablanca/Marrakech (Morocco), Ceuta, Malaga and Alicante/Costa Blanca (Spain).
South America highlights for winter 2022-2023 include:Guests can choose from five ships sailing across Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay, all hand-picked and vibrant destinations right in the heart of the South American region.
- MSC Seashore will offer her brand-new 7-night itinerary visiting Maceio, Salvador and Buzios (Brazil) with local guests having the possibility to embark in Salvador (Brazil).
- MSC Seaview will homeport for the first time in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) from December to March. She will offer 3 to 8-night cruises with different itineraries ranging from breath taking views and islands, such as Buzios, Ilhabela, Ilha Grande/Angra dos Reis, Ilheus, Salvador (all in Brazil) to Uruguay and Argentina.
- MSC Fantasia will homeport in Santos (Brazil), will offer a range 3 to 7-night cruises with calls including Ilha Grande, Buzios and Ilha Grande/Angra dos Reis (Brazil), Montevideo (Uruguay), as well as, Punta Del Este (Uruguay) and Buenos Aires (Argentina).
- MSC Armonia will focus on Southern Brazil homeporting in Itajai/Santa Caterina and will bring guests on a 7-night journey to Uruguay, Argentina and Ilhabela (Brazil).
- MSC Musica will homeport in Buenos Aires (Argentina) and offer a range of memorable destinations in Brazil with Ilhabela, Rio de Janeiro / Copacabana, Buzios, Ilha Grande/Angra dos Reis.
South Africa highlights for winter 2022-2023 include: Two ships will operate in South Africa offering a complete getaway to enjoy brilliant beaches and striking landscapes.
- MSC Sinfonia will homeport in Cape Town (South Africa) starting December 2022, sailing the west coast to Mossel Bay (South Africa), Walvis Bay and Luderitz (Namibia).
- MSC Orchestra will be based in Durban (South Africa) and will perform calls including Pomene and Portuguese Island/Inhaca Archipelago (Mozambique), Walvis Bay (Namibia) and Cape Town (South Africa).
MSC World Cruise for winter 2022-2023:MSC Magnifica and MSC Poesia will both perform the MSC World Cruise 2023. In an industry first, the two ships will host over 5,000 guests for a journey around the world. They will both depart from Civitavecchia and Genoa (Italy), on January 4 and January 5, respectively. Both will visit Marseille (France) one day later and Barcelona (Spain) on January 7.
These maiden calls will mark a unique moment for guests as they prepare to set sail around the world without having to unpack their suitcase. Once the two ships cross the Mediterranean Sea, they will part ways in the Atlantic Ocean. MSC Poesia is sold-out, but there are limited cabins available on MSC Magnifica. To find out more click here.
Sales are now open for most of the Winter 2022/23 sailings with itineraries for MSC Preziosa, MSC Splendida and MSC Bellissima coming soon.
Cruise with Confidence Since August 2020, guests of MSC Cruises have been sailing under the protection of the line’s industry-leading health and safety protocol that was developed with the input of a Blue-Ribbon Panel of experts and has proven both safe and effective through all evolutions of the pandemic. This protocol was designed to adapt according to the situation ashore and its measures have either been eased or tightened to match the evolution of the pandemic and continue to ensure the highest possible protection to guests and crew.
Bookings for all sailings through the end of the winter 2022-2023 season will be covered by the Cruise with Confidence promise, under which the Company has already offered safe, flexible, and enjoyable cruise vacations to more than one million guests during all phases of the pandemic.
Guests who book before March 31, 2022 will have the peace of mind that comes from knowing their booking is flexible — with the ability to reschedule their cruise free of charge up to 48 hours* prior to sailing, for any reason.All MSC cruises are now only open to vaccinated guests** and this will continue to be the case for winter 2023. The line will continue to implement the appropriate measures to ensure that guests can enjoy one of the safest holidays options out there while having a memorable time on board.
For more information on MSC Cruises’ health & safety protocol and embarkation requirements, please click here.
* 21 days for Fly&Cruise bookings.
** All guests age 12 and above are required to be fully vaccinated. Further, all guests aged two and above are required to submit a negative test prior to boarding. All ship crew are also fully vaccinated, regularly tested and follow strict health & safety policies.
Read more from MSC Cruises here.
Looking for the latest cruise news?
We constantly scour the press release sites of all major cruise brands including AIDA, Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Costa, Cunard, Disney Cruises, Holland America Cruises, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Seabourn, Silversea, UnCruise Adventures, Virgin Voyages, Windstar, and more.
We make it easy for you to find out what your favorite cruise line is up to. Just click the Cruise News link at the top of the page for the latest news on all lines, or use the links above to find news about the cruise line of your choice.