MSC Cruises Begins 6 Month Countdown To The Launch Of MSC Seashore, Revealing New Design Details Of One Of Its Most Innovative Next-Generation Ships To-Date
·Designed specifically for warmer weather and bringing guests closer to the sea, MSC Seashore features generous outdoor areas and public spaces
·Exclusive MSC Yacht Club becomes the largest in the fleet, with more outdoor space and new luxurious suites
·Following an inaugural season in the Mediterranean from August, MSC Seashore will head to Miami in November 2021 to sail The Bahamas and the Caribbean
Geneva, Switzerland (February 18, 2021) — With just six months to go until MSC Seashore comes into service this August in the Mediterranean, – and nine months until her arrival in the U.S., – MSC Cruises revealed today new details of what will undoubtedly be one of the line’s most innovative next-generation ships yet. Building on the game-changing and pioneering design of the Seaside class of ships, aimed at bringing guests closer to the sea, MSC Seashore, the first Seaside EVO ship, has been extended and enhanced with a variety of brand-new features, spaces and experiences for guests. This class of ship, renowned for its glamorous design features, is designed to be lived and enjoyed outside and MSC Seashore takes this to a whole new level.
Pierfrancesco Vago, Executive Chairman of MSC Cruises commented, “With each new ship we build, MSC Cruises continues to innovate and push design boundaries. MSC Seashore represents an evolution of the Seaside class as an extended and further enriched ship. 65% of the public areas have been reimagined to create something truly unique for our guests. The new aft design has allowed us to introduce a brand-new lounge, Cabaret Rouge, spanning two decks with panoramic views of the sea, offering new entertainment experiences. The specialty restaurant experience has been completely redesigned with the Chef’s Court on deck 8, making this a go-to destination for bars and restaurants. Each of the pools have been enhanced including an impressive double-deck extended magrodome pool and an incredible Infinity pool at the aft.”
Pierfrancesco Vago continued, “We continue to innovate not only in terms of our design and guest experience but also with our use of cutting-edge technology. MSC Seashore will be the first cruise ship in the world to feature a new air sanitation system developed by Fincantieri. ‘Safe Air’, uses UV-C lamp technology eliminating 99% of viruses and bacteria to guarantee clean and safe air for guests and crew. As part of our ongoing commitment to the environment and our journey towards total decarbonization, MSC Seashore will also be equipped with the latest-generation environmental technology with improvements to energy efficiency, the latest systems to reduce air emissions, as well as an advanced waste water treatment system with purification standards that are higher than most wastewater treatment facilities ashore.”
Some of the key highlights of MSC Cruises’ newest flagship include:
- 13,000 sqm (≈139,930 sq. ft.) of outdoor space with a wide choice of outdoor bars and dining, pools and deck area for relaxing and sunbathing
- Six stunning swimming pools with enlarged poolside areas including a spectacular new Infinity Pool and two new Infinity Whirlpools
- An expansive 540 meter-long (≈1,772 ft.-long) waterfront promenade close to the water, ideal for grabbing a drink and al fresco dining or simply taking a stroll to enjoy the fresh sea air
- The largest and most luxurious MSC Yacht Club spanning 3,000 sqm (≈32,292 sq. ft.) over four decks with two palatial new Owners Suites
- 11 different types of staterooms and suites with balconies, including the coveted aft suites, 50 terraced suites with extended balconies offering up to 15 sqm (≈161 sq. ft.) of private terrace and 32 different suites with outdoor private whirlpools
“As the world’s third largest cruise brand, MSC Cruises continues to expand in the U.S., bringing its newest, most innovative ships to the market – as we’re doing with MSC Seashore, arriving to Miami exactly 9 months from today,” said Rubén Rodríguez, president of MSC Cruises USA. “This new ship is the first of its kind — an enhanced and enlarged version of the extremely popular MSC Seaside — and we couldn’t be more excited to introduce our U.S. guests to this new cruising experience. Featuring generous outdoor spaces, new and redesigned venues and our largest MSC Yacht Club to date, MSC Seashore is already driving significant demand. And, we expect to see even more pick up in the coming weeks as even more guests start to plan their 2021 holiday and 2022 vacations.”
Celebrating the Outdoors with New Design Features
MSC Seashore, offers a range of stand-out design features to connect guests with the sea. At 339 metres (≈1,112 ft.), the Company’s new flagship will become the longest ship in the fleet and will be the largest ship ever to be built in Italy by Fincantieri, one of the world’s largest shipbuilding groups and leaders in cruise ship design and construction.
Stand-out design features include the spectacular glass-floored Bridge of Sighs located at the unique vantage point on deck 16 – 72 ft. above the Infinity Pool on deck 8, stunning panoramic aft elevators and stylish glass-floor catwalks on both sides of the ship on the waterfront promenade.
Ultimate Poolside Relaxation
The pool experience on MSC Seashore has been taken to a whole new level with enhancements and new features for all six pools offering everything from thrills and adventure for younger guests through to stylish poolside relaxation for those looking to unwind on board.
- The stunning aft pool has been redesigned to create an Infinity Pool, which now extends right up to the very end of the aft, with a glass wall offering uninterrupted views of the ocean. This pool is one of the largest infinity pools at sea, offering a variety of different depths as well as sunbeds sunken in the water. As the pool is close to the water at deck 8, this is the perfect spot to connect with the sea and take in spectacular views from sunrise to sunset.
- MSC Seashore introduces two new infinity whirlpools— one on each side of the outdoor promenade of Deck 8 — with 20 sea-facing seats so guests can treat themselves to the ultimate relaxation spot while enjoying striking sea views.
- On Deck 18, the main pool — Long Island Pool — offers two different depths so that guests can choose to swim or simply stand and hang-out in the water. The newly designed area also includes a 360-degree water fountain island in the center as well as a new lounge space within the pool. In order to enhance this part of the ship further, the Long Island Pool is now connected with the aquapark with a Pirate Cove theme to create an extensive water area. The kids’ clubs are also located on deck 18, making this the go-to deck for the whole family.
- While this ship is designed for warmer weather, the Jungle Pool features a larger magrodome that can be closed to create an indoor pool area when needed. This popular area has been enlarged and now includes an additional deck over and around the space, providing new areas for guests to sit and relax. It is then just a convenient short walk to the newly located buffet on deck 16 for a lunchtime snack — perfect for families who enjoy spending time by the pool.
Dining and Drinking Al Fresco
As part of the vision to enable guests to enjoy the outdoors and bring them closer to the sea, the ship offers a wide array of outdoor bar and cafe areas, with some new brand-new areas.
- MSC Seashore introduces a new location for the Chef’s Court that houses the five specialty restaurants, which will be moved to Deck 8. This new positioning of the specialty restaurants allows for the restaurants to have an improved sea view and MSC Cruises’ signature steakhouse, Butcher’s Cut, will offer for the first-time outdoor seating and al fresco dining on the iconic waterfront promenade.
- MSC Seashore’s expansive buffet now includes a new outdoor aft dining area as well as bar — the Sky Bar — which enables guests to enjoy their food outdoors or in the evening relax and unwind at the top of the ship taking in the sea air.
- Aurea guests can enjoy the exclusive Top 19 Solarium with its chic outdoor lounge area and bar.
The Largest, Most Luxurious MSC Yacht Club
Located on the coveted foredecks on the ships, spanning four decks and providing sweeping sea views, the MSC Yacht Club on MSC Seashore will become the largest and most luxurious in MSC Cruises’ fleet, with almost 3,000 sqm (≈32,292 sq. ft.) of space.
Guests looking for a premium, all-inclusive cruise experience with private amenities and 24-hour butler service — while still enjoying the recreation and entertainment that the rest of the ship offers — can choose to sail in the MSC Yacht Club, MSC Cruises’ exclusive ship-within-a-ship concept.
- One of the elements that distinguishes an MSC Cruises ship is the elegant and stylish interior design, which can be seen in the Yacht Club’snewly redesigned concierge area. The entrance to the MSC Yacht Club is even more impressive and glamorous, with a three-deck 495 sq. ft. back-lit Onyx wall and MSC Cruises’ signature sparkling Swarovski staircases, connecting four decks and making guests feel like a true VIP when they enter.
- Guests can relax in the elegant Top Sail Lounge and dine in the private gourmet restaurant with beautiful sea views with an outdoor area connected to the lounge, on top of the bridge.
- An enhanced and extended pool area and sundeck offers 2,000 sqm (≈21,528 sq. ft.) of space, featuring a larger private pool and a new panoramic whirlpool, with eight seats and individual jets, plus a standard whirlpool.
Deluxe accommodations in the MSC Yacht Club have also been increased, now featuring 131 elegant suites across five categories, including the traditional interior, deluxe and royal suites as well as 41 newly introduced deluxe grand suites, with extra space and a walk-in closet, and two brand new Owner’s Suites. The coveted Owner’s Suites are the height of sophistication and the largest suites on the ship, offering 98 sqm (≈1,055 sq. ft.)of space and featuring an expansive private balcony with whirlpool and outdoor living area, panoramic glass wall for stunning sea views, and a separate dining and living room area.
Mediterranean and Caribbean Itineraries
After entering service in August 2021 and spending an inaugural season in the Mediterranean calling at the Italian ports of Genoa, Naples, Messina as well as Valetta in Malta, Barcelona in Spain and Marseille in France, the striking MSC Seashore will head to the U.S. where she will home port in Miami.
Starting November 2021, MSC Seashore will sail 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean and Bahamas itineraries, including stops at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, MSC Cruises new private island in The Bahamas.
Find out more about MSC Seashore here
About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises is the world’s third largest cruise brand as well as leader in Europe, South America, the Gulf region and Southern Africa with more market share in addition to deployed capacity than any other player. It is also the fastest growing global cruise brand with a strong presence also in the Caribbean, North America and the Far East markets.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, MSC Cruises is part of MSC Group, the privately held Swiss-based leading shipping and logistics conglomerate with over 300 years of maritime heritage. MSC Cruises — the contemporary brand — has a modern fleet of 18 vessels combined with a sizeable future global investment portfolio of new vessels. The fleet is projected to grow to 23 cruise ships by 2025 with options for six vessel orders in place through 2030.
MSC Cruises offers its guests an enriching, immersive and safe cruise experience inspired by the Company’s European heritage, where they can enjoy international dining, world-class entertainment, award-winning family programs and the very latest user-friendly technology on board. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ itineraries and experience on board its ships please see here.
The Company’s number one priority has always been the health and safety of its guests and crew, as well as the communities at the destinations its ships serve. In August 2020, MSC Cruises implemented a new comprehensive and robust health and safety protocol to become the first major line to return to sea. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ health & safety protocol please see here.
MSC Cruises has long been committed to environmental stewardship with a long-term goal to achieve zero emissions for its operations. The Company is also a significant investor in next-generation environmental marine technologies, with the objective to support their accelerated development and availability industry-wide. To learn more about the Company’s environmental commitment please see here.
Finally, to learn more about the MSC Foundation, MSC Group’s own vehicle to lead, focus and advance its conservation, humanitarian and cultural commitments please see here.
See more cruise news from MSC Cruises.
Looking for the latest cruise news?
We constantly scour the press release sites of all major cruise brands including: AIDA, Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Costa, Cunard, Disney Cruises, Holland America Cruises, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Seabourn, Silversea, UnCruise Adventures, Virgin Voyages, Windstar, and more.
We make it easy for you to find out what your favorite cruise line is up to. Just click the Cruise News link at the top of the page for the latest news on all lines, or use the links above to find news about the cruise line of your choice.