MSC CRUISES ADDS MSC BELLISSIMA TO ITS SUMMER 2022 MEDITERRANEAN PROGRAM TO MEET EVER-GROWING VACATION DEMAND
- Line to offer a record-breaking 15 ships in the Mediterranean
Geneva, Switzerland – June 9, 2022 – MSC Cruises announced today that MSC Bellissima will be positioned in the Mediterranean this summer to meet overwhelming demand from consumers for its cruise vacations.
Gianni Onorato, CEO, MSC Cruises, commented: “As holidaymakers are planning now their summer holidays, we are extremely pleased to see that our continued and present investments in the experience on board – including improved dining, additional entertainment options as well as extra staff to look after every need of our guests even during the busy summer season – is paying off with high ratings from recurring and new guests. This led us to position one additional ship in the Mediterranean – a popular destination – to give our guests even more choice of ships and itineraries.”
Starting Saturday, July 9, 2022, MSC Bellissima will offer 7-night sailings from Valencia and Barcelona/Tarragona, Spain and the Italian ports of Genoa, Livorno and Naples. The itinerary is designed with longer stays in Valencia to enable guests to visit Madrid, as well as extended calls at Barcelona/Tarragona and Genoa. To browse available dates, click here. This summer and fall, MSC Cruises will have a record-breaking 15 ships deployed in the Eastern and Western Mediterranean. To view all available Mediterranean itineraries, click here.
Sales for these MSC Bellissima departures will open in the coming days.
MSC Bellissima is a Meraviglia class ship that launched in 2019 with a fantastic set of guest features including the following:
- 12 dining venues, including French specialty restaurant L’Atelier Bistrot, and more than 20 bars and lounges. The ship also features acclaimed pastry chef Jean-Philippe Maury’s Chocolate & Café, which is dedicated entirely to unique and elegant chocolate creations and is sure to please anyone with a sweet tooth.
- An award-winning family offering with kids’ activities and services from partners LEGO Group and Chicco with a dedicated family deck area.
- Exclusive shows in The Carousel Lounge, an intimate and state-of-the art venue that allows performers to combine awe-inspiring acrobatics, dance and music into a multi-sensory entertainment experience.
- The MSC Yacht Club with private facilities, luxurious accommodations spanning three decks, and butler service round-the-clock.
- A spectacular LED Sky Screen at Sea at stretching more than 260 feet over a stunning 314-foot Mediterranean-style promenade that forms the social hub of the ship.
- Comfortable and innovative accommodations to meet every need, demonstrating the way MSC Cruises puts guests at the heart of its designs and ship building with 10 different types of staterooms to choose from.
Onorato added: “MSC Cruises offers the most embarkation ports across the Mediterranean so that one or more is easily within reach by train, car as well as by flight from key capitals and other cities from across the globe. This convenience has also proven extremely well received by our guests who choose an MSC Cruises experience with confidence for the value and peace of mind that the on board and ashore experience can offer them and their families.”
MSC Cruises’ guests travel to some of Europe’s most popular and picturesque destinations – all without having to unpack a suitcase more than once. Once on board, they can relax in the crew’s capable hands and enjoy the impeccable service, which is enhanced this summer with even more crew to ensure a stress-free and memorable vacation. MSC Cruises’ modern ships offer a full and enriching experience on board. Guests enjoy around-the-clock activities, award-winning entertainment, an immersive kids and family program, refined international dining, and luxurious spas – all while staying in stylish and comfortable accommodations.
Western Mediterranean highlights for summer 2022 include:
- MSC Meraviglia will homeport in Barcelona, sailing the perfect itinerary for any sun-seeker: Cannes (France); Genoa, La Spezia and Civitavecchia (Italy); plus Palma de Mallorca (Spain).
- MSC Opera will homeport in Genoa and visit Palermo (Italy). Other destinations include Marseille (France), Barcelona (Spain), and the newly reinstated embarkation ports of La Goulette (Tunisia) and Naples (Italy).
- MSC Splendida will offer cruises from Genoa (Italy) to Marseille (France); one of Sicily’s most sought-after destinations, Siracusa; Taranto and its awe-aspiring beaches; and Civitavecchia (Italy).
- MSC Seaview will offer the best of the Western Mediterranean with sailings from Genoa (Italy). She will visit the historical ports of Naples and Messina (Italy), Valletta (Malta), Barcelona (Spain), and Marseille (France).
- MSC Seaside will depart from Genoa, offering itineraries to Civitavecchia and Palermo (Italy), Ibiza and Valencia (Spain), and Marseille (France).
- MSC Orchestra will offer new 10-night cruises calling at Genoa (Italy); Marseille/Provence (France); Malaga, Cadiz/Seville and Lisbon (Portugal); Alicante/Costa Blanca and Mahon/Menorca (Spain); and Olbia (Italy).
Eastern Mediterranean highlights for summer 2022 include:
- MSC Fantasia will homeport in Trieste (Italy), offering calls to Ancona (Italy), Kotor (Montenegro), Bari (Italy), Corfu (Greece), and the picturesque city of Dubrovnik (Croatia). Starting in September, the ship will perform 11-night cruises that include Piraeus/Athens (Greece), and Izmir/Ephesus and Istanbul (Turkey).
- MSC Musica will depart from Monfalcone (Italy) and visit Katakolon/Olympia, Heraklion, Santorini (Greece); and Bari (Italy).
- MSC Sinfonia and MSC Armonia will both homeport from the heart of the Mediterranean, the Italian port of Venice at Marghera. Other exciting ports on MSC Sinfonia’s itinerary include Kotor (Montenegro), the infamous Greek islands of Mykonos and Santorini (Greece), and Bari (Italy).MSC Armonia is putting a focus on gorgeous views with calls to Brindisi (Italy), Mykonos and Greek mainland destination of Piraeus for Athens, as well as Split and Zadar (Croatia).
- A variety of spectacular destinations await guests aboard MSC Lirica. Departing from Piraeus/Athens (Greece), the ship will call at Kusadasi (Turkey), Haifa (Israel), the islands of Limassol (Cyprus), plus Rhodes and Santorini (Greece).
- MSC Magnifica will offer 11-night cruises to the Canary Islands, Morocco and Madeira.
- MSC Poesia offer mini cruises of 3, 4 and 5 nights in the Western Mediterranean.
- MSC Grandiosa will offer 7-night cruises from Barcelona with itineraries that include Cannes, (France); La Spezia (Italy); and Palma de Mallorca (Spain).
About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises is the world’s third largest cruise brand as well as the leader in Europe, South America, the Gulf region and Southern Africa, with more market share in addition to deployed capacity than any other player. It is also the fastest growing global cruise brand with a strong presence in the Caribbean, North America and the Far East markets.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, MSC Cruises is one of the two brands that sit within the Cruises Division of MSC Group, the leading privately held Swiss-based shipping and logistics conglomerate with over 300 years of maritime heritage. MSC Cruises – the contemporary brand – has a modern fleet of 19 vessels combined with a sizeable future global investment portfolio of new vessels. The fleet is projected to grow to 23 cruise ships by 2025, with options for six more vessel orders in place through 2030.
MSC Cruises offers its guests an enriching, immersive and safe cruise experience inspired by the Company’s European heritage, where they can enjoy international dining, world-class entertainment, award-winning family programs, and the very latest user-friendly technology on board. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ itineraries and experience on board its ships, click here.
The Company’s number one priority has always been the health and safety of its guests and crew, as well as the communities at the destinations its ships serve. In August 2020, MSC Cruises implemented a new comprehensive and robust health and safety protocol to become the first major line to return to sea. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ health & safety protocol, click here.
MSC Cruises has long been committed to environmental stewardship, with a long-term goal to achieve net zero emissions for its operations by 2050. The Company is also a significant investor in next-generation environmental marine technologies, with the objective to support their accelerated development and availability industry-wide. To learn more about the Company’s environmental commitment, click here.
Finally, to learn more about the MSC Foundation, MSC Group’s own vehicle to lead, focus and advance its conservation, humanitarian and cultural commitments, click here.
See more from MSC Cruises here.
Looking for the latest cruise news?
We constantly scour the press release sites of all major cruise brands including AIDA, Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Costa, Cunard, Disney Cruises, Holland America Cruises, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Seabourn, Silversea, UnCruise Adventures, Virgin Voyages, Windstar, and more.
We make it easy for you to find out what your favorite cruise line is up to. Just click the Cruise News link at the top of the page for the latest news on all lines, or use the links above to find news about the cruise line of your choice.