NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE’S 2022 MEET THE WINEMAKER SERIES CELEBRATES DEBUT IN EUROPE
Guest hosts include Antonio Hidalgo, Gérard Bertrand, Salvatore Ferragamo, Domaines Barons de Rothschild (LAFITE) and more
For the first time ever, guests can savour unique culinary experiences in partnership with the Certified Angus Beef® brand
The 2022 season of Norwegian Cruise Line’s (NCL) Meet the Winemaker series is back by popular demand with an exciting lineup scheduled for its sixth year.
The Company once again teamed up with renowned wineries to create this seasonal program designed for wine enthusiasts and foodies at all skill levels. The cruise provides exclusive opportunities to engage with winemakers and other experts through a variety of enriching seminars and activities, which include intimate wine tastings and wine-paired dinners, interactive culinary demonstrations and meet-and-greets on board.
The experience will be available on select cruises aboard Norwegian Encore, Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Joy and Norwegian Bliss. And, for the first time ever in its history, the Meet the Winemaker series will be making its way to Europe as Norwegian Escape sails around the Greek Isles and Italy on July 17 and Oct. 12. The host of the event in July will be notable winemaker Antonio Hidalgo of the globally recognized and family-owned Spanish Sherry house – Bodegas Hidalgo La Gitana.
The October edition will be hosted by Sandro Bottega. Under his careful guidance, Bottega S.p.A. has diversified to produce grappa, Prosecco, a wide range of sparkling wines, the great reds of Valpolicella and Tuscany, Italy as well as Limoncino and creamy-based sweet liqueurs. In 2018, Sandro received the prestigious Riedel Winemaker of the Year award in Toronto.
Guests have the chance to meet world-renowned winemakers and distillers including Gérard Bertrand, “The Drinks Business” Green Awards 2020 recipient; Rob Mondavi, Jr., fourth-generation Napa Valley winemaker; Diane Flamand, winemaker at Bordeaux Collection Wines, Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) and Michael Mondavi of the Michael Mondavi Family Estate.
This year, on select cruises, participants will also have the opportunity to savour unique culinary experiences sponsored by the Certified Angus Beef® brand. With wine paired to each course, they will learn from a master sommelier, while enjoying some of the best beef available. Trusted by the best 5-star chefs, including Certified Angus Beef culinary arts director Chef Tony Biggs and Certified Angus Beef’s 2021 Chef of the Year, Carla DiLorenzo, the Certified Angus Beef® brand is the best available, and proudly served on board the NCL fleet.
Harry Sommer, President and CEO of NCL, said: “Our Guest First policy compels us to put guests at the heart of every development, and the Meet the Winemaker series showcases this commitment to bringing high quality, one-of-a-kind offerings to our guests. We hope that our guest will enjoy the new edition of the popular series and are left with an unforgettable experience from today’s most innovative beverage and culinary leaders. We are very proud of this season’s lineup and excited to bring the event to Europe for the first time ever.”
Each of the cruises feature vintage wines chosen by the expert and brought onboard for the exclusive events. Wine packages range from $22 to $100 per person plus tax, and gratuity and may be reserved once onboard.
The complete lineup of the 2022 Meet the Winemaker series includes:
- March 6, 2022 – Norwegian Encore: Rob Mondavi Jr., son of Isabel and Michael Mondavi and a fourth-generation Napa Valley winemaker
- April 2, 2022 – Norwegian Escape: Chateau Lafite Rothschild (Lafite) Wine Dinner hosted by Diane Flamand, winemaker, Bordeaux Collection Wines, Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite).
- July 2, 2022 – Norwegian Bliss: Salvatore Ferragamo, Since 1993, together with his father Ferruccio, have been responsible for conserving The Il Borro estate in Tuscany, Italy producing world class wines
- July 17, 2022 – Norwegian Escape: Antonio Hidalgo, of the globally recognized, family-owned Spanish Sherry house – Bodegas Hidalgo La Gitana
- July 24, 2022 – Norwegian Encore: Opus One Wine Dinner hosted by Greg Miller, Opus One Sales & Marketing Manager
- Aug. 13, 2022 – Norwegian Bliss: Michael Mondavi of the Michael Mondavi Family Estate
- Oct. 12, 2022 – Norwegian Escape: Sandro Bottega of Bottega S.p.A.
- Oct. 22, 2022 – Norwegian Joy: Gérard Bertrand, “The Drinks Business” Green Awards 2020 recipient
- Dec. 11, 2022 – Norwegian Encore: Randy Ullom from the Kendall-Jackson family
See more from Norwegian Cruise Line here.
Looking for the latest cruise news?
We constantly scour the press release sites of all major cruise brands including: AIDA, Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Costa, Cunard, Disney Cruises, Holland America Cruises, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Seabourn, Silversea, UnCruise Adventures, Virgin Voyages, Windstar, and more.
We make it easy for you to find out what your favorite cruise line is up to. Just click the Cruise News link at the top of the page for the latest news on all lines, or use the links above to find news about the cruise line of your choice.