Did MSC Cruises just outline the future of cruising?
In an information packed press conference held on August 3, 2020, MSC Cruises CEO, Gianni Onorato announced they plan to resume cruises in the Mediterranean as early as August 15, 2020. The departure dates however, are contingent upon approval by the Italian Government, which MSC hopes to receive this week.
We break down the details of the line’s return to service plan, which includes:
- Big changes to shore excursions.
- Daily temperature checks.
- Universal screening at check in.
More MSC Content
- MSC Meraviglia Review Podcast.
- 10 Things to Know about MSC’s Ocean Cay Marine Reserve.
- MSC Meraviglia Yacht Club Menus.
- MSC Meraviglia Ship Tour.
- 10 Reasons the MSC Yacht Club is Worth the Splurge.
- What’s an MSC Yacht Club Stateroom Like?
We’d love to hear from you
Have you cruised with MSC? Do you think these measures will extend to the United States? Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, and until next time, we’ll see you on the high seas!