10 Awesome Inside Cruise Cabin Hacks
If you’ve ever booked an inside cabin, you know they are SMALL spaces and that storage can be limited. We’ve got your back with 10 inside cruise cabin hacks to have you feeling organized and comfortable in your “cozy” cabin!
Oh, and inside cabins are NOT a thing of the past. They still offer great value, and cruisers are choosing to maximize their cruising opportunities by sailing in these value cabins.
In our latest YouTube tips video, we’re sharing our best inside cruise cabin hacks to help you maximize space in your inside cabin AND keep things tidy.
Shop our Stateroom Essentials Store on Amazon for all items shown.
Like the Shirt worn in this video? It runs true to size, and comes in lots of colors!
https://cruisetipstv.thinkific.com/courses/masterclassJoin the CruiseTipsTV Academy where you can learn to cruise stress-free and download packing & planning lists in our Master Class. Don’t forget to use discount code ALLABOARD for $5 off. We created this master class to give you step-by-step cruise planning tools so you can plan the cruise of your dreams.
Follow our travels on Instagram. We save “Highlights” atop the page so you can go back and catch glimpses of our travels!
Here are LOTS More Cabin Organization Videos – a whole library for you to peruse and grab tips from!
NOW YOU CAN SUPPORT OUR WORK
Special thanks to our Backstage Crew for keeping us on the high seas! For exclusive access to a monthly video recording of our podcast (and more!), join us on Patreon!
NOW FOR THE TIPS! 10 Inside Cruise Cabin Hacks:
- Turn on the TV for a view of the outside – some cruise ships offer a view off the bridge, so you can see where you’re going & what the weather is like!
- Use magnets on the ceiling to create a makeshift room divider. Simple pack a shower curtain, or a sheet with holes in the corners and voila! Instant room divider!
- Pack a cruise approved power strip or USB hub, especially if you’re cruising on an older ship. NOTHING is more frustrating that struggling to find USB ports or plugs after a long day of fun!
- Look for hidden storage! Bedside tables are a good place to start.
- A CLASSIC inside cruise cabin hacks fave…Slide that luggage under the bed to create more space in the closet. MOST cruise cabin beds have ample space for your luggage.
- Get a hanging toiletry organizer to keep things off counters. You can hang the bag in your closet if you want it out of sight, or on the back of the door in the bathroom.
- Ask to have extra furniture removed if you don’t need it. Sometimes, that coffee table or extra chair JUST aren’t necessary. Ask your cabin steward to remove it if it’s in your way!
- If you separate the beds, know that you can move side tables & other furniture to a configuration that creates more space. There are no “cabin organization rules”. Move stuff around to suit your needs!
- Use packing cubes to pack by person – choose a color for each member of your family or group and slide the packed cubes right onto the closet shelves, or into drawers.
- Don’t unpack your packing cubes – leave your clothing in them, and flip the top open. You’re welcome!!
We hope you’ve enjoyed these 10 inside cruise cabin hacks! Are you going on a cruise soon? Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel, and join us for interactive livestreams, tip videos, vlogs, and LOTS more!
See more videos here.
Cruise like a PRO!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our readers on this Intro to Cruising Master Class.
To redeem the $5.00 discount on our master class enter code ALLABOARD here, and, welcome to the Academy!
Need a Travel Advisor?
Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations: Let Wendy know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs, and an agent will give you a call back! Phone number is on the website.