Today we talk about some cruise passenger behaviors that could be construed as rude
In this podcast we discuss a controversial topic; rude cruise passengers. We’ve all encountered them in some fashion on every cruise. Rude behavior is sometimes in the eyes of the beholder, but most people will agree with at least one of these descriptions of rude behavior. We’re going to dig deep into this topic, but if you just want a quick rundown, check out the list below. So what bothers you the most? Is it the producer?
- The Town Drunk: You’ll hear them coming from a mile away. Or if you’re lucky, they’ll end up RIGHT next to you at every bar you visit AND in the MDR.
- The Hallway Hog: Instead of walking single file, they walk side by side in busy areas like hallways making it impossible for others to pass
- Hands off Parents: Who let their children run wild. Notice, we didn’t blame the kids here.
- Noisemaker: You know, that person who says “hey Rickieeeee!” when they’re 100 yards away from Rickie… These people also talk during shows. They are, in general, not aware of noise pollution and also play their blue tooth speaker loudly on their balcony at odd hours. Worst yet, they let their cabin door slam shut.
- The Jerk: That cruise passenger who thinks its okay to be rude to the crew, and does it in such a way that others can clearly hear. They complain about their drinks, they complain about weather changes and port stop changes, and gripe that the show SUCKED, they even compare cruise lines. Loudly. They also have an conniption for when the ice cream machine closes down for routine servicing. They believe everyone is in the ship To serve them.
- The Producer: Now, this one may shock you, since we vlog our cruises, and quite frequently walk around with cameras, but this cruise passenger can be the worst. The producer is the cruise guest who obnoxiously places their tripod in front of others, or pushes their way to the front of the line with their camera to film something. Their photo is clearly more important than your photo. Or your fun.
- The Cheapskate: They remove their tips, complain on social media and message boards about the quality of the food, and demand to speak with management when their french onion soup isn’t EXACTLY served at 107 degrees fahrenheit.
- The Rule Breaker: They don’t wear masks, they wear ripped jean shorts to the dining room on formal night and insist on swimming when the pool is closed. Oh, and worst of all, they cut in lines. At embarkation, at the buffet, everywhere. Pool chair hogs fall info this category.
- Gangway Crowder: This person shows up at the gangway at 6am when the cruise director says the gangway opens at 7am. They want OFF the ship and they don’t care of the port authorities have cleared the ship.
- Elevator Idiots: These people just generally disregard known elevator etiquette.
Bonus: One more to leave you with – The Buffet BANDITO!
They cut in line at the buffet, grab stuff with their hands and make off with all the crab legs.
Listen to more CruiseTipsTV Unplugged podcasts here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- Newbie CruiserJune 25, 2022 by Bizymom3kids from United States
I have been a quite admirer(almost said secret but that sounds creepy) for over 3 months now! Sheri you’ve given birth to another child! This newborn cruiser is ready for our first cruise from Galveston on board Carnival Breeze in August, thanks to you and your phenomenal family! I have officially listened to every podcast and watched every video! I feel like an expert cruiser and I have not even walked the gangway yet! I absolutely love your positive and sweet approach to all things! Love you all so much!
- Top of the Line Cruise PodcastJune 21, 2022 by LisaContreras808 from United States
This awesome 5 STAR team creates the best format for information, listening ease, and a positive atmosphere. I learn so much that I am immediately able to use. I find myself revisiting topics as needed, which really enhances my cruise planning. My husband is surprised and pleased with my newfound efficient packing skills! I feel prepared and energized by the pre-cruise experience. Most of all, Sheri, Mr. CruiseTipsTV and Junior are down to earth, inspiring, warm and funny. Thank you so much for sharing yourselves and your experiences with us!
- New To Your PodcastMay 5, 2022 by Brobinson767 from United States
Really enjoy your content as it covers more than one brand! We especially find information on Alaska cruises helpful as we are doing Alaska this summer on Ruby Princess in an aft facing suite! Would love to get more content on Celebrity cruises as we tend to cruise more on Royal and Celebrity. We really don’t like Carnival.