Today we talk about some cruise passenger behaviors that could be construed as rude
In this podcast we discuss a controversial topic; rude cruise passengers. We’ve all encountered them in some fashion on every cruise. Rude behavior is sometimes in the eyes of the beholder, but most people will agree with at least one of these descriptions of rude behavior. We’re going to dig deep into this topic, but if you just want a quick rundown, check out the list below. So what bothers you the most? Is it the producer?
- The Town Drunk: You’ll hear them coming from a mile away. Or if you’re lucky, they’ll end up RIGHT next to you at every bar you visit AND in the MDR.
- The Hallway Hog: Instead of walking single file, they walk side by side in busy areas like hallways making it impossible for others to pass
- Hands off Parents: Who let their children run wild. Notice, we didn’t blame the kids here.
- Noisemaker: You know, that person who says “hey Rickieeeee!” when they’re 100 yards away from Rickie… These people also talk during shows. They are, in general, not aware of noise pollution and also play their blue tooth speaker loudly on their balcony at odd hours. Worst yet, they let their cabin door slam shut.
- The Jerk: That cruise passenger who thinks its okay to be rude to the crew, and does it in such a way that others can clearly hear. They complain about their drinks, they complain about weather changes and port stop changes, and gripe that the show SUCKED, they even compare cruise lines. Loudly. They also have an conniption for when the ice cream machine closes down for routine servicing. They believe everyone is in the ship To serve them.
- The Producer: Now, this one may shock you, since we vlog our cruises, and quite frequently walk around with cameras, but this cruise passenger can be the worst. The producer is the cruise guest who obnoxiously places their tripod in front of others, or pushes their way to the front of the line with their camera to film something. Their photo is clearly more important than your photo. Or your fun.
- The Cheapskate: They remove their tips, complain on social media and message boards about the quality of the food, and demand to speak with management when their french onion soup isn’t EXACTLY served at 107 degrees fahrenheit.
- The Rule Breaker: They don’t wear masks, they wear ripped jean shorts to the dining room on formal night and insist on swimming when the pool is closed. Oh, and worst of all, they cut in lines. At embarkation, at the buffet, everywhere. Pool chair hogs fall info this category.
- Gangway Crowder: This person shows up at the gangway at 6am when the cruise director says the gangway opens at 7am. They want OFF the ship and they don’t care of the port authorities have cleared the ship.
- Elevator Idiots: These people just generally disregard known elevator etiquette.
Bonus: One more to leave you with – The Buffet BANDITO!
They cut in line at the buffet, grab stuff with their hands and make off with all the crab legs.
Listen to more CruiseTipsTV Unplugged podcasts here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- Finally! A cruise podcast for the silent majority!January 19, 2022 by hard out here for a shrimp from United States
Five stars! Sheri, Mr. CruiseTipsTV, and Junior Editor are so fun to listen to and it’s so refreshing to hear an old fashioned married couple who stand up for traditional values and don’t buy into the whole woke “pandemic” of the CDC and the left. Keep being brave and calling out the politicians by name who threaten our ability to cruise without vaccinations and masks. See you on the high seas!
- Love this episode!December 30, 2021 by ScuryCat711 from United States
Embracing the unknown episode is one of my favorite episodes you guys have recorded! Thank you for sharing your ups and downs from 2021. I love your positivity and perspective. I can relate to so much of what you are going through so this episode was very encouraging
- Essential Part of My WeekDecember 17, 2021 by BougieCruiserCharles from United States
Listening to the Cruise Tips TV weekly podcast has become part of my weekly rhythm these days. We are veteran cruisers, and find that the content they generate is both enjoyable and informative. My wife and I listened to 3 of their past podcasts just now on the way to dine out and on the return home. Sheri and Mr CTTV do a clear and friendly job of communicating the latest news and trends. Their banter on the shows is witty and fun. There's nothing but upside to giving them a listen.