Hong Kong Welcomes Royal Caribbean’s Spectrum of the Seas, Asia’s Largest, Newest And Most Innovative Ship
Hong Kong, Jul 5, 2021 – Hong Kong holidaymakers can soon pack their bags for the ultimate adventure on board Royal Caribbean’s Spectrum of the Seas, Asia’s largest, newest and most innovative ship, for spectacular 2- to 4-night Ocean Getaways starting Oct 5, 2021. Guests will enjoy world-class international dining, next-generation entertainment and state-of-the-art amenities when spending their first holiday out of Hong Kong. The sailings will be available exclusively to residents of Hong Kong and are now open for booking.
“We are excited to get back to delivering memorable vacations in Hong Kong,” says Bert Hernandez, president, Greater China, Royal Caribbean International. “Our strong partnership and collaboration with local governments and key stakeholders around the globe has clearly allowed cruising to become one of the safest vacation options in the world. We look forward to welcoming back the region’s premier ship, Spectrum of the Seas, to Hong Kong.”
In conjunction with Hong Kong’s health and tourism authorities, the cruises will be available to all Hong Kong residents. Guests above the age of 16 must be fully vaccinated and starting October 15, guests above the age of 12 must be fully vaccinated. All adults and children must also present a negative COVID-19 PCR test prior to boarding. Further information on health and safety measures is accessible from the Hong Kong Government.
The vaccine requirement is one of the many layers of measures that safeguard the well-being of our guests and crew. These measures are part of the cruise line’s Royal Promise commitment and also includes our fully vaccinated crew, the robust onboard ventilation system, enhanced cleaning and sanitization. Royal Caribbean will continue to evaluate and update its measures as circumstances evolve with various government and health authorities.
“Cruising is a popular holiday vacation choice for Hong Kong residents, and we at Royal Caribbean are delighted to welcome the Government’s plan to re-open the world-class Kai Tak Cruise Terminal and offer an exciting and safe option for the people of Hong Kong on Spectrum of the Seas,” says Crystal Campbell, Managing Director, Royal Caribbean International, Hong Kong.
“The demand of travel from travelers is expected to be very strong and we are very excited to have cruise holiday back with us for both trade and tourists given the current travel restrictions, which will be definitely a truly fun-filled yet safe holiday experience while the Cruise industry is getting resumed soon.” said Jason Wong, Chairman of Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong.
Experiences on Asia’s largest ship – Spectrum of the Seas
Spectrum of the Seas offers the perfect combination of high-tech thrills and chills, providing adventure-loving guests a wealth of onboard features:
- One-of-a-kind experiences come to life for guests in cutting-edge and transformative venues, such as Two70. Boasting stunning 270-degree sea views by day, and transforming into a multi-dimensional theater by night, this transformative space flaunts six agile Roboscreens, breathtaking live performers and mind bending aerialists creating unimaginable visuals. Meanwhile Seaplex, the largest indoor active space at sea, features bumper cars, roller skating, basketball, and more; and in the Bionic Bar, robotic bartenders serve up bespoke cocktails.
- Spectrum of the Seas is the first cruise ship in Asia to feature the Sky Pad; a virtual reality, bungee trampoline experience where guests strap in and don a virtual reality headset to transport themselves to another time and planet.
- The adventures continue with a bold lineup of only-on-Royal activities, including the North Star, a jewel-shaped capsule which gently ascends 300 feet above the deck, delivering incomparable 360-degree ocean views; the FlowRider surf simulator; and RipCord® by iFLY, the first skydiving experience at sea.
- Award-winning Broadway style performances and special guests take to the stage each night in the Royal Theater.
- Other world class amenities include the Vitality Spa, Fitness Centre, Splashaway Bay water park Adventure Ocean kids program and many more.
- After a full day of exciting activities, guests can look forward to spacious and family-friendly staterooms. Spectrum boasts an array of staterooms, from exterior balcony staterooms to family-friendly interconnected rooms to the signature two-level Ultimate Family Suite; featuring an in-room slide and recreation room complete with karaoke and video games.
- The first Quantum Ultra ship also features Royal Caribbean’s first and exclusive suites-only area, which feature the exquisite Star, Sky and Sea suite accommodations in a private enclave, supremely positioned at the forward end of the ship. Guests booked in these luxury suites will have special keycard access, a private elevator and a dedicated restaurant and lounge.
- Fine dining is always one of the most enjoyable pleasures of any cruise with Royal Caribbean and Spectrum of the Seas features 19 dining options serving up flavors from around the world, ranging from imaginative cuisine at Wonderland by Dadong, top notched aged beef at Chops Grille and authentic rustic fare and handmade pasta at Jamie’s Italian. Sichuan Red is a new specialty dining experience tailored just for Spectrum of the Seas, where diners can savour a bold tapestry of authentic spices and Sichuan flavours.
Cruise with Confidence – Get ready to book!
Guests who book their vacation on Spectrum of the Seas on or before July 31, 2021 can be assured of flexibility in their plans with Royal Caribbean’s Cruise with Confidenceprogram, which allows for changes and cancellations up to 48 hours before the cruise sets sail from now through to April 30, 2022. As long as guests cancel at least 48 hours before their sail date, they’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit. The credit is valid for future bookings on or before April 30, 2022 for sailings departing before September 30, 2022. For more information on Spectrum’s cruises, visit royalcaribbean.com.
About Royal Caribbean International
Royal Caribbean International is the world’s largest global cruise line, delivering innovation at sea for more than 50 years. Each successive class of ships is an architectural marvel featuring the latest technology and guest experiences for today’s adventurous traveller. The cruise line continues to revolutionize vacations with itineraries to more than 270 destinations in 72 countries on six continents. These include Royal Caribbean’s highly anticipated Perfect Day Island Collection to the first private island in The Bahamas, for the Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean has also been voted “Best Cruise Line Overall” for 18 consecutive years in the Travel Weekly Readers’ Choice Awards.
Media can stay up-to-date all Royal Caribbean news by following @RoyalCaribPR on Twitter, and visiting RoyalCaribbeanPressCenter.com. For additional information or to make reservations, vacationers should call their travel advisor; visit www.royalcaribbean.com.hk; or call +852 3002 4636.
Health and safety protocols, guest conduct rules, and regional travel restrictions vary by ship and destination, and are subject to change without notice. Due to evolving health protocols, imagery and messaging may not accurately reflect onboard and destination experiences, offerings, features, or itineraries. These may not be available during your voyage, may vary by ship and destination, and may be subject to change without notice. For further information, please refer to government release.
See more Royal Caribbean cruise news here.
Looking for the latest cruise news?
We constantly scour the press release sites of all major cruise brands including: AIDA, Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Costa, Cunard, Disney Cruises, Holland America Cruises, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Seabourn, Silversea, UnCruise Adventures, Virgin Voyages, Windstar, and more.
We make it easy for you to find out what your favorite cruise line is up to. Just click the Cruise News link at the top of the page for the latest news on all lines, or use the links above to find news about the cruise line of your choice.