Our list of embarkation day don’ts
We’ve just returned from a terrific Carnival cruise, and we’ve seen first hand how cruising has changed. In this podcast we’ll talk about some of those changes, and what not to do if you want to enjoy that wonderful first day- embarkation day! Today, we’re sharing 10 things you should NOT do on embarkation day.
If you are planning a cruise soon, you’ll want to give today’s podcast a listen. We’ve got lots of great cruise tips and a fare amount of silly side-tracking.
If you don’t have time for the whole podcast, you can get a peek at the list below.
- Not printing off your boarding docs & not completing pre boarding paperwork online
- Arriving too early, or before your assigned boarding time
- Not knowing your cruise line’s carry on beverage policy
- Not packing a small embarkation day bag
- Thinking the buffet is your only option for lunch
- Not exploring the ship
- Waiting to do the muster drill
- Missing sailaway
- Not confirming dining arrangements
- Not savoring the moment – don’t rush around so much that you don’t enjoy the day
Listen to more CruiseTipsTV Unplugged podcasts here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- Love this podcast - so many tips!November 8, 2023 by Berrmic from United States
I’ve listened to many cruise related podcasts and this is the best by far. So many wonderful tips! I’ve become a carry-on only traveler because of CTTV and love being able to avoid the long walk to retrieve my luggage. I took the cruise line personality quiz on the CTTV website and we absolutely loved our first Holland America cruise. Much better fit than our previous cruises. I am always going back to previous episodes to pick up tips and advice I may have missed. Thank you CTTV!
- Great podcast!October 25, 2023 by Soiffey72 from United States
This is a great and fun podcast with such practical and useful information.
- Best podcast ever!!September 2, 2023 by Orla H. from United States
I started listening to the podcast about a month ago. They are so helpful for anyone who is taking a cruise, first or 50th. I’m going on my second cruise soon and just from listening I booked another! Thanks so much for giving me so many tips for my next cruise.