Would you take a cruise with no port stops?
Today on the podcast we are exploring the idea of cruising without port stops. While we were cruising the Mexican Riviera onboard the beautiful Carnival Panorama one of our ports stops was cancelled. Since we had not intended to get off the ship in that port it was not a big deal for us, but it did make us think more about the possibility of other ports closing. With Covid seemingly here to stay, missed ports have become fairly common. We decided to poll our readers about their thoughts on cruising with no port stops.
Your thoughts on taking a cruise with now port stops
Here’re a few of the questions we’ll be asking our readers:
- Would you take a cruise with no port stops?
Then we asked you to fill in the blank. I’d book a cruise with NO port stops if…
Here were your top 7 contingencies:
- Warm weather
- Balcony cabin
- Reduced Price
- Lots to do onboard
- Mega ship, mostly RCCL
- Drink Package or free drinks
- Reduced Capacity
Here’s how our readers said they’d spend their time
- Activites & Entertainment – all the shows! Lee- theme park like intensity!
- Deck by deck ship walk & exploration
- Actually relax (naps, sleep in, solarium)
- Pool time- hot tubs, sunbathing, LOL reading BY the pool
- Spa time
- Drinking was actually mentioned, but wasn’t popular
We also asked if our readers had tips for cruising with no port stops, and here are those results
- Ship choice was crucial- for most choosing a newer ship was key.
- Enjoy all ship offerrings
- Take your time, be leisurely
- Bring books games and ipads
- More ship research than usual: Plan more than usual. Make reservations for things. Angie said “learn the ship early”. But at same time, don’t try to do it all on the first day.
- Spend money on a better cabin
- Be a kid. Do all the things. STuff yo’d normally not try.
- Stay positive, don’t stress, chilax, go with the flow, no expectations
- Use the daily newsletter
Listen to more CruiseTipsTV Unplugged podcasts here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- New To Your PodcastMay 5, 2022 by Brobinson767 from United States
Really enjoy your content as it covers more than one brand! We especially find information on Alaska cruises helpful as we are doing Alaska this summer on Ruby Princess in an aft facing suite! Would love to get more content on Celebrity cruises as we tend to cruise more on Royal and Celebrity. We really don’t like Carnival.
- I ageeeApril 29, 2022 by watttttttever from United States
I have a suggestion about the man harping about Covid, call security and have them deal with him! The idle people are one of my pet peeves! with unsupervised kids in hot tub taking first place last cruise several kids one older one dunking the younger ones. Staff not paying attention.Parents busy drinking and dancing. Other parents came and got their kids out of there!!in hind site I should have told staff.
- It’s meant to be!April 7, 2022 by 4 daughter dad from United States
My wife and I have been listening to and watching you guys for over a year now leading up to our first cruise. Your instruction, stories and tips have been invaluable. We feel well prepared and extremely excited. Thank you for making us feel like family. If you ever doubt what you do remember it is meant to be. Your stories rock.