Would you take a cruise with no port stops?
Today on the podcast we are exploring the idea of cruising without port stops. While we were cruising the Mexican Riviera onboard the beautiful Carnival Panorama one of our ports stops was cancelled. Since we had not intended to get off the ship in that port it was not a big deal for us, but it did make us think more about the possibility of other ports closing. With Covid seemingly here to stay, missed ports have become fairly common. We decided to poll our readers about their thoughts on cruising with no port stops.
Your thoughts on taking a cruise with now port stops
Here’re a few of the questions we’ll be asking our readers:
- Would you take a cruise with no port stops?
Then we asked you to fill in the blank. I’d book a cruise with NO port stops if…
Here were your top 7 contingencies:
- Warm weather
- Balcony cabin
- Reduced Price
- Lots to do onboard
- Mega ship, mostly RCCL
- Drink Package or free drinks
- Reduced Capacity
Here’s how our readers said they’d spend their time
- Activites & Entertainment – all the shows! Lee- theme park like intensity!
- Deck by deck ship walk & exploration
- Actually relax (naps, sleep in, solarium)
- Pool time- hot tubs, sunbathing, LOL reading BY the pool
- Spa time
- Drinking was actually mentioned, but wasn’t popular
We also asked if our readers had tips for cruising with no port stops, and here are those results
- Ship choice was crucial- for most choosing a newer ship was key.
- Enjoy all ship offerrings
- Take your time, be leisurely
- Bring books games and ipads
- More ship research than usual: Plan more than usual. Make reservations for things. Angie said “learn the ship early”. But at same time, don’t try to do it all on the first day.
- Spend money on a better cabin
- Be a kid. Do all the things. STuff yo’d normally not try.
- Stay positive, don’t stress, chilax, go with the flow, no expectations
- Use the daily newsletter
Listen to more CruiseTipsTV Unplugged podcasts here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- TotsDecember 28, 2022 by showaqha from United States
So full of cruise wisdom, thank you for all the cruise tips. Entertaining yet valuable tips.
- So helpfulNovember 23, 2022 by sandy garrison from United States
Sheri is entertaining and super professional. When I have reached out for specific recommendations for ports she has responded with specific options that work for our family that are kid friendly. Getting first hand recommendations is much better than reading online reviews and much appreciated. Thanks for always taking the high road and sharing the “facts” with us. Keep sharing your family cruise reports, I love to hear about your adventures.
- 15 Ways to Celebrate a Special Occasion on a CruiseNovember 9, 2022 by Chanin Owen from United States
I am new to cruising and have been doing ALL the research for our Norway Cruise on Holland America in August 2023 for a big celebration! I have absolutely LOVED this podcast and have learned so much! Sheri is so upbeat and positive and Mr. Cruise tips tv is very entertaining. When I heard this episode I found we had some things in common. My son's birthday is October 31st too! He just turned 21. And...we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary in June 2023 plus my husband turns 50 that same month! I am so excited to try some of the ideas you mentioned and hoping we have an amazing time! Thank you both for all of the great information. I'm still listening to older podcasts and it is all GREAT!