Would you take a cruise with no port stops?
Today on the podcast we are exploring the idea of cruising without port stops. While we were cruising the Mexican Riviera onboard the beautiful Carnival Panorama one of our ports stops was cancelled. Since we had not intended to get off the ship in that port it was not a big deal for us, but it did make us think more about the possibility of other ports closing. With Covid seemingly here to stay, missed ports have become fairly common. We decided to poll our readers about their thoughts on cruising with no port stops.
Your thoughts on taking a cruise with now port stops
Here’re a few of the questions we’ll be asking our readers:
- Would you take a cruise with no port stops?
Then we asked you to fill in the blank. I’d book a cruise with NO port stops if…
Here were your top 7 contingencies:
- Warm weather
- Balcony cabin
- Reduced Price
- Lots to do onboard
- Mega ship, mostly RCCL
- Drink Package or free drinks
- Reduced Capacity
Here’s how our readers said they’d spend their time
- Activites & Entertainment – all the shows! Lee- theme park like intensity!
- Deck by deck ship walk & exploration
- Actually relax (naps, sleep in, solarium)
- Pool time- hot tubs, sunbathing, LOL reading BY the pool
- Spa time
- Drinking was actually mentioned, but wasn’t popular
We also asked if our readers had tips for cruising with no port stops, and here are those results
- Ship choice was crucial- for most choosing a newer ship was key.
- Enjoy all ship offerrings
- Take your time, be leisurely
- Bring books games and ipads
- More ship research than usual: Plan more than usual. Make reservations for things. Angie said “learn the ship early”. But at same time, don’t try to do it all on the first day.
- Spend money on a better cabin
- Be a kid. Do all the things. STuff yo’d normally not try.
- Stay positive, don’t stress, chilax, go with the flow, no expectations
- Use the daily newsletter
Listen to more CruiseTipsTV Unplugged podcasts here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- Best podcast ever!!September 2, 2023 by Orla H. from United States
I started listening to the podcast about a month ago. They are so helpful for anyone who is taking a cruise, first or 50th. I’m going on my second cruise soon and just from listening I booked another! Thanks so much for giving me so many tips for my next cruise.
- Surprisingly Enjoyable!July 5, 2023 by Rpaige1365 from United States
I started listening to CruiseTipsTV after sporadically joining a family cruise and then stressing out because I have a type A personality. I expected to pick and choose relevant episodes but this has quickly become one of my favorite podcasts. Echoing what others have said, Sheri is so positive and her family is a joy to listen to. I feel much more prepared for my first cruise and I am looking forward to booking more.
- Best Cruise Podcast!July 5, 2023 by maryjanemaryjane from United States
I’ve been listening to this podcast for over a year now and I can’t wait every week for the new episode! Sherri is so sweet and helpful when it comes to planning and packing. They get me pumped up for my future cruises and allow me to daydream while I’m working or exercising. Thank you for all you do!