CELEBRITY CRUISES PARTNERS WITH LEADING INDUSTRY CREATIVES FOR UNPARALLELED LINE-UP OF ENTERTAINMENT ON CELEBRITY BEYOND
MIAMI (March 15, 2022) – Celebrity Cruises® today raised the curtain on a host of new live show spectaculars and onboard interactive experiences for Celebrity Beyond℠, the highly anticipated new-luxury ship debuting April 2022, that are as revolutionary, technologically mind-blowing and carefully crafted as the ship itself.
Assembling creative visionaries who have collaborated on major productions from Las Vegas and the West End to the Olympics, and for some of the world’s biggest brands and artists, the end result is an artistry on display never before seen at sea.
“When you have a ship named ‘Beyond,’ it’s a promise to our guests to take every aspect of the ship beyond anything we’ve done before,” said Brian Abel, Celebrity Cruises’ Senior Vice President of Hotel Operations. “We’ve set the stage with so many experiential and imaginative offerings that I have never been more excited to debut our entertainment programming.”
“It has been such an honor to collaborate with some of the best live show creative minds to develop world-class performances and experiences at every turn throughout the ship,” said Celebrity’s Vice President of Entertainment, Lisa Lehr. “Beyond delivers an onboard entertainment experience that our guests will be talking about long after they have returned home.”
Stage Productions Go Beyond in The Theatre
The largest in the Celebrity fleet, The Theatre on Celebrity Beyond introduces three all-new stunning production shows with programming brought to life through state-of-the-art production technology.
The new shows include:
- ‘Elements’ – is a journey through the five elements – air, water, earth, fire and ether – utilizing state-of-the-art technology, mesmerising visuals, breathtaking acrobatic performances and fashion-inspired costumes.
Air sculptures” created by Brooklyn-based artist Daniel Wurtzel, are a highlight of the show as air is blown into large sheets of flowing fabric creating dancing art along with a first-ever custom air fountain blow-out that floats over the audience, all of which intertwine with performers and musicians to create stunning visuals like never seen before. With choreography by Got to Dance winner Lukas McFarlane and co-direction by Marck Stevens, renowned director from Vegas to Europe, and Liam Lunniss, visionary behind some of today’s top musical artists’ live concerts and productions, guests won’t want to blink for fear of missing some of the ever-changing beauty before them.
- ‘Arte’ – immerses audiences in iconic works of art in a ground-breaking masterpiece that combines electrifying dance, high-flying acrobatics and mind-bending visual effects with a light-hearted twist.The modern-day sculptural work of Brazilian artist Rubem Robierb is also featured, with a show segment based on his powerful “Peace Makers” sculpture displayed on Celebrity Beyond. With choreography by London’s West End creative leader Kendra Horburgh (& Juliet), this moving masterpiece will forever change how audience-goers experience art.
- ‘Stage Door’ – is like having an exclusive backstage pass into the heart of the biggest Broadway and West End musicals. The immersive performances are accompanied by a full symphony orchestra that was recorded in the London Palladium, UK’s most iconic theatre. All brought to life through cutting-edge technology by renowned director/choreographer of West End’s Thriller Live!, Gary Lloyd.
Wrapping around the stage is a 110-foot curved 4K LED screen, complete with five moving panels that open and move for truly immersive visual experiences and dramatic talent entrances and exits. Floor projection technology integrates with the content on the screen, creating a seamless floor to ceiling visual effects experience.
Entertainment that Stretches Beyond The Theatre
Adding to these marquis stage productions, Celebrity Beyond offers an expansive array of entertaining options throughout the ship including:
- The Club – the hottest night spot on the ship, introduces a new concept show, along with two all-new live music nights:
- The Jazz Joint at The Club – Produced by the team behind the entertainment at The Mayfair Supper Club at the Bellagio in Las Vegas, this speakeasy show concept features swinging jazz tunes with powerhouse vocalists, electrifying dancers, mesmerizing specialty acts and some laughs along the way.
- Music Nights: The Club also features 2 all-new curated music experiences.
- Rocked – Vocalists and orchestra members from The Theatre bring the most iconic concert moments of all time to the stage in this fast-paced, interactive concert for the young at heart.
- Bring the Brass – A live tribute to the iconic bands of brass spanning the decades from the great horn bands of the past to the modern musicians of today they have influenced, bringing energy, nostalgia, skill and talent to the stage of The Club.
- Eden – At the aft of the ship, this grand three-story space with floor to ceiling windows will offer multi-sensory experiences that change with the day from chillful mornings to playful afternoons to wonderful evenings and include everything from meditation, to a “Create and Pour” art and wine tasting class. By night, Wonder at Eden will be more wonderful, with six uniquely curated experiences including three new cast shows featuring unforgettable characters, decadent performances and instagrammable moments.
- Grand Plaza – This stunning gathering place located at the heart of the ship has a spectacular chandelier as its focal point that comes alive at night with 8 all-new light shows choreographed to music. One of the shows will be enhanced with energetic performances by the talents of The Theatre stage show performers.
- Rooftop Garden – The ultimate urban playscape on the ship’s Resort Deck provides the perfect spot for morning Tai Chi, outdoor movies and dancing under the stars.
- Camp at Sea – This award-winning dedicated space for children ages 3-12 will feature a new partnership with “Adventures in Cardboard”. Junior cruisers will enjoy activities blending competitive play and cooperative storytelling through their own cardboard works of art and imagination; a vlogging class utilizing Go Pros to create a video showcase; and a variety of STEM activities involving coding, the ocean and world geography.
- Teen Club – Silent Disco parties, digital trivia, game night challenges and more create a popular lounging and socializing space for guests ages 13-17.
Like her industry-changing sister ships, Celebrity Edge® and Celebrity Apex℠, both of which have been named one of TIME Magazine’s “World’s Greatest Places” following her 2018 debut season, Celebrity Beyond will connect guests to the breathtaking world around them like never before. The ship’s onboard and onshore experiences stand it apart as a new-luxury travel brand without comparison.
Celebrity Beyond will depart on her maiden voyage on April 27, 2022, from Southampton, England on a 10-night Western Europe cruise visiting Bordeaux, France; Lisbon, Portugal; and Seville, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca and Barcelona, Spain. She will then offer a variety of Mediterranean journeys including nine-night Italian Riviera and France itineraries and 10-night Greek Isles itineraries through early October, when she then heads to the Caribbean.
For more information on the ship and to book the vacation of a lifetime, visit www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-beyond or contact a trusted travel advisor.
See more from Celebrity Cruises here.
Looking for the latest cruise news?
We constantly scour the press release sites of all major cruise brands including: AIDA, Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Costa, Cunard, Disney Cruises, Holland America Cruises, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Seabourn, Silversea, UnCruise Adventures, Virgin Voyages, Windstar, and more.
We make it easy for you to find out what your favorite cruise line is up to. Just click the Cruise News link at the top of the page for the latest news on all lines, or use the links above to find news about the cruise line of your choice.