Celebrity Cruises Unveils Wellness Journey Well Beyond the Spa for Newest Ship, Celebrity Beyond
- Fully immersive, next-level wellness experience includes new AquaClass® SkySuites
- Collective of top experts and influencers support curation of first-ever “Women in Wellness” at sea initiative and ultimate onboard wellness program, including Katie Brauer, Noella Gabriel, Morgan Mitchell, Kimberly Snyder, Ruth Zukerman, and goop Wellness Director Kiki Koroshetz
- Suite and spa spaces mindfully designed by Kelly Hoppen CBE; and thoughtful program management by OneSpaWorld
- Revolutionary fitness program from F45 Training now available alongside leading cycling/spin experience from Peloton®
- Inspiring line up of products from goop also part of new onboard offerings
MIAMI (May 26, 2021) – Today, Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, revealed a new luxury program of wellness never before seen on a cruise ship.
Unveiling experiences available to guests on Celebrity BeyondSM, the exquisite new ship announced last month and set to join the Celebrity fleet in Spring 2022, Lutoff-Perlo revealed a bespoke package of products, programs, and perks tailored specifically for guests looking to put wellness at the heart of their vacation.
Creating a ‘sanctuary at sea,’ the offerings rival the best spa resorts on land and have been designed to promote holistic wellness of the mind, body and spirit, including:
- New AquaClass SkySuites, showcasing the design talents of multi-award-winning British designer Kelly Hoppen CBE and providing endless opportunities to disconnect and rejuvenate;
- New onboard wellness programming for yoga, meditation, strength, stretch and cardio curated by leading experts in each discipline;
- An expanded partnership with modern lifestyle brand goop, providing new onboard offerings aimed at enhancing collective well-being;
- The popular functional 45-minute class from Australia’s F45 Training, one of the fastest-growing fitness networks in the world;
- A comprehensive collection of offerings in The Spa, also designed by Hoppen, featuring the SEA Thermal Suite with eight different types of relaxation rooms; more than 120 spa treatments, many inspired by the destinations Celebrity sails to; the first Kérastase® Institute at sea, a premium salon concept; a barbershop; and Ideal Image® Ocean MedSpa, among others.
“Wellness is so fundamental to our philosophy at Celebrity Cruises, that we continue to build and grow a truly special onboard experience where it is woven into every aspect of the guest journey from the stateroom to the spa,” said Lutoff-Perlo. “And, because we’re doing all of this at sea, which is incredibly therapeutic in itself, it becomes a wonderful wellness journey unlike anything in the world.”
“In true Celebrity Cruises fashion, we have chosen to work with best-in-class partners in every category to deliver a holistic program designed to improve the well-being of the guest’s mind, body, and spirit,” said Brian Abel, Celebrity’s Senior Vice President of Hotel Operations. “The response to our AquaClass offerings has been phenomenal and we know this new program, designed for modern travelers, will exceed all expectations.”
The Ideal Escape at Sea: AquaClass SkySuites
New for the brand on Celebrity Beyond are AquaClass SkySuites, an immersive living experience with floor-to-ceiling ocean views, private verandas, luxurious bedding and other wellness amenities, thoughtfully designed by Kelly Hoppen CBE. The new suites combine the best of the brand’s AquaClass offerings with the luxurious spaces, services and amenities of The Retreat®, the exclusive resort-within-a-resort area for suite guests with a private sundeck, private lounge and private restaurant, Luminae, creating the ultimate relaxing and rejuvenating vacation.
Some of the wellness amenities infused into the AquaClass SkySuite experience include:
- Access to Blu, a restaurant designed to nourish and fuel the body with delicious clean cuisine and plant-based options, including sustainable seafood dishes, biodynamic wines and the Beyond Burger, among other offerings;
- Complimentary, unlimited access to the onboard SEA Thermal Suite;
- A spa concierge, preferential rates on spa packages, priority spa reservations and an onboard spa credit and fitness class credit;
- A king-sized cashmere mattress and luxurious eXhale® bedding, complemented by a pillow menu offering options for firmness and support to help ensure a wonderful night’s sleep;
- And, an in-room fitness menu with a selection of items, some hand-picked and provided by goop.
The Spa: An Ahhh-Inspiring Escape for the Modern Traveler
Also designed by Kelly Hoppen CBE with services and wellness programming developed by OneSpaWorld, The Spa on Celebrity Beyond offers a next-level wellness experience – the most indulgent spa escape at sea – featuring the best ways to look and feel good and an array of innovative new firsts in wellness, beauty and fitness.
Complementing The Spa’s more than 120 rejuvenating treatments is a new collection of 12 destination-inspired therapies from locations Celebrity’s ships visit. From Caribbean coconut to jade from the Far East, and from Alaskan mud to Baltic soapstone, guests can immerse in local rituals from various ports of call and experience ingredients indigenous to these regions.
These new treatments share the spotlight with other new spa offerings including the first-at-sea MLX I3DOME, a three-in-one, ultra-effective detox and skin rejuvenation treatment table; the first Kerastase Institute at sea, offering the latest innovations in hair care and treatments; Ideal Image® Ocean MedSpa; and a new menu of Recovery Services using new technology to improve workout recovery time and overall better physical health.
At the heart of The Spa experience on Celebrity Beyond is the SEA Thermal Suite, a collection of eight distinct spaces perfect for relaxing before or after spa treatments or fitness classes.
An unrivalled playground for the senses, guests can retreat to the Mist Aroma Steam and Desert Infrared Sauna rooms; unwind on the heated loungers conveniently positioned with panoramic views of the ocean; refresh under the Rainfall Water Therapy room offering simulated water showers ranging from warm to cool and light to waterfall pressure; restore in the Crystalarium as the natural Amethyst crystal serves as conduit for healing energy; relax in light steam inside the Hamman Turkish Bath, a modern take on the traditional ritual; and do nothing but float while nestled in a basket chair in the Float Zen Zone.
Wellness and Fitness: Top Influencers Design a Unique Wellness Program at Sea
In collaboration with OneSpaWorld, Celebrity Cruises also introduces the first-at-sea “Women in Wellness” program, bringing together some of the wellness world’s leading minds and practitioners to curate spa treatments, mind-body wellness activations, fitness classes and stateroom TV programming.
These well-respected authorities in the wellness industry have trailblazed in their fields and joined forces to cultivate a program centered around the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of today’s modern traveler. The women include:
- Katie Brauer – Founder of the Yoga Professional and creator of new onboard Yoga Flow classes
- Noella Gabriel – the Co-Founder and Global President of Elemis and skin and body care expert
- Kiki Koroshetz – Wellness Director at goop, content and activation contributor
- Morgan Mitchell – Australian Sprinter and F45 Training Athlete and guide to F45 onboard
- Kimberly Snyder – Founder of lifestyle brand Solluna and creator of onboard meditation series
- Ruth Zukerman – the Co-Founder of SoulCycle® and FlyWheel Sports; guide to onboard cycling
Enhancing the Women in Wellness program and expanding on the partnership formed in 2020 with goop, the brand’s Wellness Director Kiki Koroshetz will contribute to onboard wellness offerings, curating mindfulness content for stateroom TV and other special programming.
Forging a community-centric culture at the Fitness Center, F45 Training, is also expanding its popular workout first featured on Celebrity Apex and now set for a debut on Celebrity Beyond. The revolutionary F45 Training program is led by onboard fitness experts who guide guests on the unique station-based, heartrate monitored functional team training workouts that will be offered in a notably larger Fitness Center.
Fitness will also be available in guest staterooms through a new in-room fitness menu including hand-picked items provided by goop. And, for those looking to add essential vitamins and minerals to their diet, the goop team has also created a special goop smoothie that will be available onboard, along with Kimberly Snyder’s Glowing Green Smoothie®.
The third ship in Celebrity’s industry-transforming “new luxury” Edge Series®, Celebrity Beyond stands at 17 decks high and 21 meters longer than her innovative predecessors Celebrity Edge (2018) and Celebrity Apex (2020), making her the largest ship in the Celebrity fleet. Every element of Celebrity Beyond’s look and feel has been carefully curated with newly imagined spaces and expanded versions of the brand’s popular signature spaces, including:
- The Retreat, an exclusive area for suite guests, now featuring a two-story sundeck
- Transformational accommodations, from modern two-story villas with plunge pools to staterooms with infinite verandas, blurring the boundaries between indoor and outdoor living
- An expanded Rooftop Garden and stunning resort deck featuring cantilevered float pools
- A multi-level, multi-terraced Sunset Bar that defines the ship’s aft by celebrated American designer Nate Berkus
- A first-ever Daniel Boulud fine-dining restaurant at sea called Le Voyage
- A redesigned Grand Plaza spanning three decks and creating an airiness never-before experienced on a cruise ship
- And, the Magic Carpet®, an engineering feat soaring cantilevered above the sea, offering guests uninterrupted vistas while sipping cocktails or having dinner
Like her industry-changing sister ships, Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Apex, the former of which was named one of TIME Magazine’s “World’s Greatest Places” following her 2018 debut season, Celebrity Beyond will connect guests to the breath-taking world around them like never before. The ship’s onboard and on-shore experiences stand it apart as a new luxury travel brand without comparison.
Celebrity Beyond will depart on her maiden voyage on April 27, 2022 from Southampton, England on a 10-night Western Europe cruise visiting Bordeaux, France; Lisbon, Portugal; and Seville, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca and Barcelona, Spain. She will then offer a variety of Mediterranean journeys including nine-night Italian Riviera and France itineraries and 10-night Greek Isles itineraries through early October, when she then heads to the Caribbean. Voyages are now on sale.
For more information on the ship and to book the vacation of a lifetime, visit www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-beyond or contact a trusted travel advisor.
See more Celebrity Cruises news here.
Looking for the latest cruise news?
We constantly scour the press release sites of all major cruise brands including: AIDA, Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Costa, Cunard, Disney Cruises, Holland America Cruises, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Seabourn, Silversea, UnCruise Adventures, Virgin Voyages, Windstar, and more.
We make it easy for you to find out what your favorite cruise line is up to. Just click the Cruise News link at the top of the page for the latest news on all lines, or use the links above to find news about the cruise line of your choice.