Royal Caribbean Announces Extension To Global Suspension Of Cruising
Royal Caribbean Group updated their website today with the announcement that they would be extending the global suspension of cruising through May 31st, 2021. The post outlined some exceptions, and cited the health and safety of the guests, and crew as the primary reason for the extension.
The full update is below, and includes options for cruisers affected by the extension.
From Royal Caribbean Group’s website:
At Royal Caribbean International, our guests and crew’s safety and well-being are always our top priorities. In order to allow additional time for our return to service preparations, we have decided to extend the suspension of sailings for our global fleet through May 31st, 2021 – excluding sailings onboard Quantum, Spectrum, Voyager, and Odyssey of the Seas. Our plan is to resume further operation in June; however, the following circumstances have extended the suspension for the following ships and sailings:
• Quantum of the Seas Alaska sailings departing April 5 to October 14, 2021: In order to allow additional time for our preparation, Quantum of the Seas will remain in the Asia-Pacific region.
• Odyssey of the Seas May 9 to October 28, 2021 sailings departing from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy. Instead, Odyssey will begin her inaugural season out of a new homeport, Haifa, Israel from June to October 2021. These new sailings are available for residents of Israel only.
Royal Caribbean Group offers a future cruise credit and other options for cruisers affected by the extension
We’ve listed Royal Caribbean’s FCC below, but you can see the full offering of options on the Royal Caribbean Group website post here.
Future cruise credit
As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by September 30th, 2022. Please re-book using your FCC by April 30, 2022. We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) via email, so there’s nothing for you to do!
• Please know, taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. You can expect to see these in 45 days.
• If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate for 125% of your total cruise fare value paid, including the value of your original certificate.
• Guests booked on charter sailings are not eligible for offers related to the Global Suspension or Cruise with Confidence. Please refer back to the charter client for more information.
See additional options including Lift and Shift, and full refunds here.
See more cruise news from Royal Caribbean Group here.
Looking for the latest cruise news?
We constantly scour the press release sites of all major cruise brands including: AIDA, Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Costa, Cunard, Disney Cruises, Holland America Cruises, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Seabourn, Silversea, UnCruise Adventures, Virgin Voyages, Windstar, and more.
We make it easy for you to find out what your favorite cruise line is up to. Just click the Cruise News link at the top of the page for the latest news on all lines, or use the links above to find news about the cruise line of your choice.