Allure of the Seas Gears Up For Big Texas Adventure With Royal Caribbean’s 2022-23 Winter Caribbean Deployment
Cruise Line Goes All-in on Destinations, Giving Travelers More Variety for an Adventure-packed Vacation
MIAMI, March 3, 2021 – Royal Caribbean International is bringing the heat to its 2022-2023 winter deployment with weeklong Caribbean itineraries that will inspire guests to adventure again. The cruise line will set a bold tone for the season, breaking its own Texas-sized record with one of the world’s largest ships homeporting in Galveston for the first time ever, starting in November 2022. The adventure-filled Allure of the Seas will spend the season sailing 7-night Western Caribbean itineraries from Royal Caribbean’s new state-of-the-art cruise terminal, which will begin construction in April and is set to open in fall 2022.
The renowned Oasis Class ship Allure of the Seas will captivate vacationers from the Lonestar State and neighboring drive markets with her award-winning, unique seven-neighborhood concept that features an array of world-class dining, adrenaline-inducing activities and groundbreaking entertainment in the iconic open-air AquaTheater entertainment venue. The excitement doesn’t stop there with five other innovative ships sailing from Florida, including Allure of the Seas‘ three sister ships: Oasis, Harmony and Symphony of the Seas.
No matter the departure port, travelers can expect enriching itineraries that combine cruise vacation classics like Nassau, The Bahamas; Cozumel, Mexico and Falmouth, Jamaica with far-flung favorites like Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas. The cruise line’s 7-night Caribbean deployment delivers on the desire for more local flavor with the addition of extended stays and late-night visits to select destinations like Oranjestad, Aruba and San Juan, Puerto Rico. Vacationers will see a completely different side of the sun-soaked beaches and lively city centers with more time to explore the natural wonders found inland or enjoy regional delicacies and drinks under the stars.
No destination delivers more of everything than Royal Caribbean’s very-own Perfect Day at CocoCay, the first in the cruise line’s series of private island destinations around the world. The whole family has their pick of thrill and chill experiences, from the tallest waterslide in North America and the highest vantage point in The Bahamas from a helium balloon that rises 450 feet in the air to white sand beaches and clear blue water at Chill Island and The Bahamas’ first floating cabanas at Coco Beach Club.
Royal Caribbean’s 2022-2023 7-night Caribbean cruises open for bookings today, March 3. Additional itinerary highlights include:
Year-round Favorites in Florida
Miami and Orlando will serve as mainstay gateways for adventure for two of Royal Caribbean’s most popular ships.
- Symphony will sail a mix of 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries from Miami, visiting ports such as Philipsburg, St. Maarten and Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas on Eastern itineraries, and Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico, as well as Roatan, Honduras on Western itineraries. All sailings will visit Royal Caribbean’s Perfect Day at CocoCay in The Bahamas.
- Orlando’s Port Canaveral cruise terminal will continue to be home to Harmony, which will offer a mix of 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries that include visits to Perfect Day at CocoCay. The Eastern Caribbean sailings will take guests to favorite ports, including Charlotte Amalie, Philipsburg, and Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis, while the Western Caribbean sailings visit favorites such as Nassau, Bahamas; Falmouth, Jamaica; and Royal Caribbean private destination Labadee, Haiti.
The ultimate winter season beckons for a number of Royal Caribbean’s best ships to ply the turquoise waters of the Caribbean.
- Beginning November 2022, Allure of the Seas will sail 7-night Western Caribbean itineraries from Galveston for the first time and visit Roatan, Honduras as well as Cozumel and Costa Maya. Both the young and young at heart can take advantage of the endless array of Allure of the Seas‘ signature adventures, including a zip line that flies across the ship ten decks high, a pair of Royal Caribbean’s heart-pumping FlowRider surf simulators and not to mention unparalleled theatrical productions at the dazzling open-air AquaTheater.
- After a summer spent in New York, Oasis will head south to Miami and sail 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries, all featuring a full day at Perfect Day at CocoCay, from November 2022 through April 2023. Guests opting for an Eastern Caribbean sailing on board one of the world’s largest and most innovative cruise ships will visit the likes of Labadee, Charlotte Amalie, and a late-night visit to San Juan. Those sailing west will call on Costa Maya and Cozumel as well as Roatan.
- After a summer in Alaska, Serenade of the Seas will seek warmer waters in Tampa, Florida. The ship is set to sail 7-night Western Caribbean itineraries that visit Cozumel and Costa Maya, Roatan, and Belize City, Belize, as well as 7-night Bahamas and Perfect Day itineraries, which take guests on an island-hopping adventure through the Bahamas archipelago, stopping in Nassau, Bimini and Perfect Day at CocoCay. As Serenade makes its way from Vancouver to Tampa, it will offer a one-time Pacific Coast itinerary to Los Angeles before making a 13-night journey through the famous Panama Canal.
- Following its short season in the northeast, Voyager of the Seas will make the journey from Boston to San Juan in November 2022 to offer 7-night Southern Caribbean itineraries that call on ports like Bridgetown, Barbados; Castries, St. Lucia; St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands; and Willemstad, Curacao. Guests can take their time when visiting Oranjestad, Aruba with longer calls that offer a deep dive into the cultural mix of Dutch and Caribbean influences.
About Royal Caribbean International
Royal Caribbean International has been delivering innovation at sea for more than 50 years. Each successive class of ships is an architectural marvel featuring the latest technology and guest experiences for today’s adventurous traveler. The cruise line continues to revolutionize vacations with itineraries to more than 270 destinations in 72 countries on six continents, including Royal Caribbean’s private island destination in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay, the first in the Perfect Day Island Collection. Royal Caribbean has also been voted “Best Cruise Line Overall” for 18 consecutive years in the Travel Weekly Readers’ Choice Awards.
Media can stay up to date by following @RoyalCaribPR on Twitter and visiting RoyalCaribbeanPressCenter.com. For additional information or to make reservations, vacationers can call their travel advisor; visit RoyalCaribbean.com; or call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN.
Royal Caribbean International is applying the recommendations of its Healthy Sail Panel of public health and scientific experts to provide a safer and healthier cruise vacation on all of its sailings. Health and safety protocols, regional travel restrictions and clearance to visit ports of call, are subject to change based on ongoing evaluation, public health standards, and government requirements. U.S. cruises and guests: For more information on the latest health and travel alerts, U.S. government travel advisories, please visit www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates or consult travel advisories, warnings or recommendations relating to cruise travel on applicable government websites.
See more cruise news like this Allure of the Seas article.
Looking for the latest cruise news?
We constantly scour the press release sites of all major cruise brands including: AIDA, Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Costa, Cunard, Disney Cruises, Holland America Cruises, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Seabourn, Silversea, UnCruise Adventures, Virgin Voyages, Windstar, and more.
We make it easy for you to find out what your favorite cruise line is up to. Just click the Cruise News link at the top of the page for the latest news on all lines, or use the links above to find news about the cruise line of your choice.