SIX REASONS TO SAIL THIS AUTUMN ON MSC MERAVIGLIA FOR THE ULTIMATE GETAWAY TO NEW ENGLAND AND CANADA
Geneva, Switzerland – July 6, 2023 – MSC Cruises’ autumn schedule offers stunning itineraries off the east coast of North America and up to Canada, promising guests a truly unique cruise experience aboard MSC Meraviglia. Guests can embark on an unforgettable journey this September and October for 10- or 11-night cruises sailing from New York.
Renowned for incredible scenery during the fall, New England and Canada offer guests the perfect opportunity to witness the changing of the seasons as they visit a long list of picturesque ports. Whether it’s seeing world-famous historical sites, admiring the incredible landscapes and spectacular vibrant hues of autumn leaves, or savoring the famed cuisines of the East Coast, these unique itineraries have something for everyone.
While sailing the north Atlantic coast, guests can make the most of MSC Meraviglia’s array of exceptional amenities and varied onboard experiences, including the ship’s wide range of gourmet dining options, world-class entertainment, award-winning facilities for families and children of all ages, and luxurious spa and wellness, all while relaxing in comfortable accommodations designed for every season.
MSC Meraviglia is homeporting year-round in New York and will also offer select cruises to New England and Canada in 2024.
MSC Meravalgia fall itinerary highlights include:
- TAKE A BITE OF THE BIG APPLE
MSC Meraviglia’s itinerary will set sail from New York City, offering guests the chance to visit the city that never sleeps and its endless unforgettable experiences. From viewing the iconic Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty, marveling at the dazzling Manhattan skyscrapers, getting lost in the city’s lively neighborhoods, and visiting world-class museums, to a relaxing stroll in Central Park to witness the majestic autumn foliage, this magnificent city is a top destination any time of year.
- EXPERIENCE THE ELEGANCE & CHARM OF NEWPORT
Newport, situated on the southern coast of Rhode Island, is a charming waterfront town known for its stunning architecture, historic Gilded Age mansions and beautiful scenic coastal views. The city has a variety of attractions to explore, including the historic Cliff Walk with a walking trail along the beautiful rocky shoreline, the iconic Newport Mansions, and the historic Fort Adams State Park with gorgeous views of Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay.
- WALK THROUGH AMERICA’S HISTORY AT BOSTON’S HISTORICAL SITES
Explore Boston—a modern and dynamic city full of rich culture and history. The city’s cutting-edge architecture contrasts with Boston’s famous Freedom Trail, which is lined with historic landmarks including Boston Common, the oldest public park in the United States. Sports fans can visit historic Fenway Park, the oldest and most legendary stadium in Major League Baseball and home to the Red Sox.
- EXPLORE NOVA SCOTIA’S NATURAL BEAUTY
Nova Scotia, Canada, is known for its charming fishing villages, beautiful beaches and captivating shorelines. Halifax, the seaside capital city of Nova Scotia, is renowned for its strong maritime heritage and provides a taste of Canada’s natural beauty. Guests can enjoy a stroll on one of world’s longest continuous waterfront boardwalks full of fantastic restaurants and a range of cultural attractions, visit the city’s impressive historical landmarks including its hilltop citadel dating back to the 18th century, or head to the small fishing village of Peggy’s Cove, well-known for its picturesque red and white lighthouse, one of the most iconic and popular spots in Nova Scotia.
- VISIT THE GREAT OUTDOORS OF NEW BRUNSWICK
New Brunswick, Canada’s beautiful maritime province, is a must-visit for outdoor adventures with its striking coastline, lush forests and wildlife including moose, whales and seals. Guests can explore the charming and historic port city of Saint John, located in the Bay of Fundy and home to beautiful historic streets, the nature trails of Rockwood Park and spectacular sea views.
- DISCOVER THE BEST OF PORTLAND’S CULTURAL ATTRACTIONS
Portland, Maine offers a wealth of cultural attractions and beautiful views of the Atlantic coast. Travelers can explore the city’s enchanting lighthouses, historical architecture, and varied outdoor activities while enjoying some of the freshest seafood in the country. The city’s top attractions include the Old Port District, where guests can take a leisurely walk through cobblestone streets full of historic buildings. Art lovers can’t miss the Portland Museum of Art’s impressive collection, which features works from local and world-famous artists alike. The local beer and world-famous Maine lobster make for an unforgettable lunch.
To find out more about MSC Meraviglia’s New England and Canada itineraries, please click here.
About MSC Meraviglia
At 1,036 feet long and 213 feet tall, with an impressive 19 decks and capacity of more than 5,700 guests, MSC Meraviglia is a vacation destination in its own right—packed with innovative features to provide an unforgettable experience, including:
- 10 different types of staterooms to choose from, including solo cabins, popular balcony cabins, and stylish suite accommodations in the MSC Yacht Club – the premium ‘ship within a ship’ featuring butler service, along with an exclusive restaurant, lounge, and pool area.
- Galleria Meraviglia, a promenade lined with shops, restaurants and bars that stretches more than 315 feet and is lined with an impressive LED sky screen.
- 20 bars and 12 restaurants, including the popular Butcher’s Cut steakhouse, Ocean Cay, HOLA! Tacos and Cantina, and Kaito Sushi and Teppanyaki.
- Indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs, together with one of the most intricate water parks at sea, featuring three twisting slides and an intricate ropes course—the Himalayan Bridge.
- Seven different shows in the 985-seat Broadway Theatre and the famous Carousel Lounge.
- The extensive MSC Aurea Spa, providing massage therapy, body treatments, facial treatments, and a dedicated thermal area.
- The 6,000 square-foot gym featuring state-of-the-art equipment from Technogym™ framed with floor-to-ceiling glass windows, overlooking the main pool deck.
- Entertainment area including the MSC Formula Racer, a full-sized bowling alley with two lanes, an interactive XD cinema, a flight simulator, and a video games arcade.
- Sportsplex with facilities for basketball, tennis, squash, volleyball, Pickle Ball, mini golf and five-a-side soccer.
- MSC Kids’ Club for children 0-17 years old, with dedicated areas for babies, toddlers, children and teenagers, plus the Lego® Experience.
To learn more about MSC Meraviglia, click here.
See more from MSC Cruises here.
Looking for the latest cruise news?
We constantly scour the press release sites of all major cruise brands, including AIDA, Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Costa, Cunard, Disney Cruises, Holland America Cruises, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Seabourn, Silversea, UnCruise Adventures, Virgin Voyages, Windstar, and more.
We make it easy for you to find out what your favorite cruise line is up to. Just click the Cruise News link at the top of the page for the latest news on all lines, or use the links above to find news about the cruise line of your choice.