15 travel Safety Do’s and Don’ts
On this week’s podcast, we’re sharing 15 Travel Safety Do’s and Don’ts. Whether you’re headed out on a cruise or venturing ashore, these 15 basic tips will help you to be prepared and aware.
If you don’t have time to listen to the entire podcast, here’s the abbreviated travel safety list:
- Don’t carry your wallet in your back pocket.
- Do use caution when traveling at night.
- Do Separate your valuables. Split money among different people or pockets.
- Do book organized tours or excursions.
- Do consider clothes with zippers.
- Do consider crossbody purses or bags.
- Don’t dress extravagantly
- Do tell a friend/family member where you will be.
- Do research travel scams for the areas you’re visiting
- Do download Google maps offline.
- Do Exercise situational awareness.
- Don’t answer your door at your hotel/residence unless you know who it is.
- Don’t physically resist any robbery attempt.
- Do enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updated safety and security information.
- Do carry & photocopies of your passport
Listen to more CruiseTipsTV Unplugged here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- Made me a cruise expertMarch 22, 2023 by MK OKAYY from United States
I have fallen in love with cruising, and Cruise Tips TV has become a regular part of my life now. Cruising is wonderful, but I do think there is a learning gap for people used to land vacations. My first cruise, I made all the mistakes. Second cruise, overcompensated and made all new mistakes. Then, I found Cruise Tips TV and it improved my cruising experience ten-fold. Now, I always have a cruise booked that I’m looking forward to. I follow Sherri and fam to keep up to date and to keep my excitement alive for my next sail. My partner and I are planning our first Alaska cruise with Princess this May. Truly, I would never have tried an Alaska cruise without Cruise Tips TV’s vlogs, videos, and podcasts about cruising the last frontier. I’m big on knowing what to expect, and they have made me feel very prepared for what I can predict, and ready to embrace surprises I can’t. My partner and I are planning to have a packing date night a couple weeks prior to our cruise. I’ll have packing cubes, the Alaska packing list, and cruise-inspired cocktails handy. And I’ll have the podcast playing in the background of course. Thanks so much for all your work and content.
- Fun and helpful!March 16, 2023 by soccergirl0011 from United States
I just came across this podcast a couple days ago and I am currently binging! I’m planning an Alaska cruise in 2024 so I’m getting all the helpful tips and tricks!
- This is GREAT!March 15, 2023 by kaytee;!:94 from United States
I’m brand new, just found you guys yesterday, but I love cruising and am FINALLY going on another cruise this summer, so I’m a little cruise obsessed right now. Love listening to you guys as I consider options and plan for my upcoming cruise. Wonderful show, extremely helpful. You’ve struck a perfect balance of providing both value and entertainment. Love it!