15 travel Safety Do’s and Don’ts
On this week’s podcast, we’re sharing 15 Travel Safety Do’s and Don’ts. Whether you’re headed out on a cruise or venturing ashore, these 15 basic tips will help you to be prepared and aware.
If you don’t have time to listen to the entire podcast, here’s the abbreviated travel safety list:
- Don’t carry your wallet in your back pocket.
- Do use caution when traveling at night.
- Do Separate your valuables. Split money among different people or pockets.
- Do book organized tours or excursions.
- Do consider clothes with zippers.
- Do consider crossbody purses or bags.
- Don’t dress extravagantly
- Do tell a friend/family member where you will be.
- Do research travel scams for the areas you’re visiting
- Do download Google maps offline.
- Do Exercise situational awareness.
- Don’t answer your door at your hotel/residence unless you know who it is.
- Don’t physically resist any robbery attempt.
- Do enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updated safety and security information.
- Do carry & photocopies of your passport
Listen to more CruiseTipsTV Unplugged here.
Stay In Touch
Thanks so much for listening! We hope you’ve enjoyed this podcast and we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to direct message us on Instagram or Facebook with your thoughts, or just check in to see what we are up to on those platforms. We have lots of fun on Instagram, and we have a wonderful welcoming cruising community on Facebook. Be sure to check those out.
Need a travel agent?
Looking for a good travel agent? Contact our travel agency partner, Montebello Dream Vacations & let them know you were referred by CruiseTipsTV when you call. Wendy will match you with the best agent for your needs. Phone number is on the website.
Join the Academy!
Download our shore day bag checklist, and more cruise packing and planning checklists & videos by joining the CruiseTipsTV Academy. We have a special discount code for our podcast listeners. To redeem the $5.00 discount on our Master Class, enter code UNPLUGGED at https://academy.cruisetipstv.com
Here’s what people are saying about the CruiseTipsTV Unplugged Podcast
- Best podcast ever!!September 2, 2023 by Orla H. from United States
I started listening to the podcast about a month ago. They are so helpful for anyone who is taking a cruise, first or 50th. I’m going on my second cruise soon and just from listening I booked another! Thanks so much for giving me so many tips for my next cruise.
- Surprisingly Enjoyable!July 5, 2023 by Rpaige1365 from United States
I started listening to CruiseTipsTV after sporadically joining a family cruise and then stressing out because I have a type A personality. I expected to pick and choose relevant episodes but this has quickly become one of my favorite podcasts. Echoing what others have said, Sheri is so positive and her family is a joy to listen to. I feel much more prepared for my first cruise and I am looking forward to booking more.
- Best Cruise Podcast!July 5, 2023 by maryjanemaryjane from United States
I’ve been listening to this podcast for over a year now and I can’t wait every week for the new episode! Sherri is so sweet and helpful when it comes to planning and packing. They get me pumped up for my future cruises and allow me to daydream while I’m working or exercising. Thank you for all you do!